Roxanne

NHB7

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
First...wow this forum is dead. The TUF forum was always pretty slow, but this is the slowest I’ve ever seen it. Anyway, now on to the thread:

She may have lost, but I wanted to acknowledge that Roxanne really did show a ton of improvement this season. That might not seem like much, but she was already a vet the previous season so I had figured her skill set was pretty much set. But no doubt her striking improved leaps and bounds (albeit still very rough around the edges). I thought she’d get murked if she stood with Sijara, but she had some good moments and a very well timed check hook.

I was rooting for her.

Agree about Roxy's improvements. Honestly I was just hoping she'd survive versus Sijara. She took it to the distance. Sijara's clearly capable of inflicting violence. Though Sarge clearly won, Roxy took her the distance & came out unscathed.

I'm still hoping Nicco Montano can survive against her this Friday too, lol. Just something about Sarge makes me almost afraid for whoever faces her. Of course, as Rose Namajunas recently showed against Joanna J., a sound mind and game plan can make the seemingly impossible a reality.

Roxy's improved by leaps & bounds since the last time she appeared on TUF. And as you say, even as the show went along she improved. Looks like she's now with a good team in Las Vegas. As she said on last night's episode she wants to be known for her hard work, relentless perseverance & positive attitude. She's proven all three of those quailities. Looking forward to her fight with Barb Honchak this Friday!

The more active thread here is the one on this season; it's a running dialogue. Hope you enjoy a good day and enjoy Friday's lineup of the new division.

Good to see some love for Roxy. Hope she can get the win against Barb!

Neither belongs in the UFC.

Send em to Invicta, save the UFC spots for those that deserve them.
Barb is 10-2. The 2 TUF finalist are 3-2 and 2-2 with a combine record of 5-4. lmao!!!

Also, just looking at this forum alone, you can tell how many fans and supporters Roxy have. I don't ever come to this forum and even I'm here rooting for her. Roxy has a bigger name and fanbase than many women top 10 contenders.

Rooting for Roxy always but she lost to Barb before.

Barb is 10-2. The 2 TUF finalist are 3-2 and 2-2 with a combine record of 5-4. lmao!!!

Also, just looking at this forum alone, you can tell how many fans and supporters Roxy have. I don't ever come to this forum and even I'm here rooting for her. Roxy has a bigger name and fanbase than many women top 10 contenders.

Rooting for Roxy always but she lost to Barb before.

Jason Reinhardt was like 22-0.

Still a journeyman at best, a can at worst. Doesn't deserve to be in the UFC.

Barb's 10-2 record vs Roxy level fighters doesn't impress me. It's pretty telling these 10 year vets got beat by a 2-2 and 2-3 girls. This whole TUF was a waste of time and a waste of valuable UFC spots.

There are kids in Dagestan who could take these spots, instead of awkward uncoordinated soccer moms.

Jason Reinhardt was like 22-0.

Still a journeyman at best, a can at worst. Doesn't deserve to be in the UFC.

Barb's 10-2 record vs Roxy level fighters doesn't impress me. It's pretty telling these 10 year vets got beat by a 2-2 and 2-3 girls. This whole TUF was a waste of time and a waste of valuable UFC spots.

There are kids in Dagestan who could take these spots, instead of awkward uncoordinated soccer moms.

Roxy has been fighting for like 15 years, has 40+ fights, and has brown belts in both judo and jiu jitsu. How about you?

Roxy has been fighting for like 15 years, has 40+ fights, and has brown belts in both judo and jiu jitsu. How about you?

And all of that pretty much means nothing. Because she's terrible.

And all of that pretty much means nothing. Because she's terrible.
Yes and no. WMMA has changed, sure. Still can't take her accomplishments away from her.

I'm not a professional fighter fighting in the best league in the world.

What's your point?

What does it say about Roxy's 40 fight record, 15 years of training and brown belt if she gets dominated by a girl with 2-2 record who turned pro in 2015? You inadvertently made my point buddeh

It's strange that people post in the TUF forum but they clearly haven't watched this season of TUF.

Had the final been Barb vs Roxy everyone would have been ok with it but because it's 2 fighters with no records who comfortably beat Barb and Roxy then it's terrible and the title fight should be scrapped.

The best 2 fighters clearly won through to the final. They didn't get dodgy controversial wins and with the way the fight picks were done their coaches didn't match them against fighters who didn't match up well with their styles which was usually the case in TUF.

They're both well rounded fighters with no obvious holes in their game who were both still going strong at the end of the 3rd round in their semifinal fights.

Roxy is in the title fight; Sarj pulled out due to medical reasons.

Her striking is actually good now. She was landing kicks all night on the Invicta champ and did well in round 1 vs Sarge. I cant really blame her for getting outwrestled by a huge jacked girl.

After watching 3 Roxy fights I still don’t believe she belongs in the UFC. She will get absolutely destroyed in the UFC.

Roxy be like...
bJcII6E.gif

After watching 3 Roxy fights I still don’t believe she belongs in the UFC. She will get absolutely destroyed in the UFC.

By who? Who the hell is at 125 in the UFC right now?

By who? Who the hell is at 125 in the UFC right now?

Not knocking Roxy but there are nearly 30 girls who have fought or are booked to fight at 125 in the UFC. The division is filling up very quickly.

Not knocking Roxy but there are nearly 30 girls who have fought or are booked to fight at 125 in the UFC. The division is filling up very quickly.

OK, but like who that can destroy Roxy, as you've implied? Name 10. How about 5?

OK, but like who that can destroy Roxy, as you've implied? Name 10. How about 5?

I haven't implied anything, just saying that UFC flyweight division has a lot of fighters, your comment made it sound as if it was a shallow division.

Back