Routinely inconsistent | Page 3

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by auger38, Aug 24, 2017.

1. auger38 Will pay to check your oil

auger38
    I've been massaging my forearms/elbows (myofascial release) for the past two days and my left arm feels a lot better, which is the one that was hurting the most. Right still doesn't feel 100%, but there's improvement there as well.

Played two hours of hockey today with guys way out of my skill level. Quads are on fire. But the good news is I didn't have to handle the puck too much so my arms are still fine.

I'm going to try and crush a nap and head to the gym before work tonight, but it's not looking good. I didn't sleep all that well the past few days.

2. auger38 Will pay to check your oil

auger38
    Went to the gym today, just to do some squats. I got there and soooo many bros were in the squat rack. I decided to go shoot some hoops to kill some time.

I got asked to play pick up with a bunch of short Filipinos, and one fat, tall unathletic white dude, and I fucking dominated them. I felt like Shaq playing against a bunch of regular joes. I wasn't even jumping for rebounds. An hour and a half later of playing in my converses, my feet were throbbing. I don't know how those old timers did it day in and day out.

Wasn't down for squats afterwards, but I still think it was a productive day. My cardio has gotten better, and I haven't jumped that high since college. Something must be working in my workouts!

3. auger38 Will pay to check your oil

auger38
    A day later and I now realize that I tweaked my left ankle. I guess that's what happens when you ball as hard as I did. Hopefully it heals up quick! But as of right now I'm walking with a noticeable limp.

4. auger38 Will pay to check your oil

auger38
    Went out to powerskating even though my ankle's not 100%. It was good to get out and get a hard skate in. I was skating with other people around my skill level, and I now realize how fast I am compared to them. In a straight line, I can keep up with guys who've played their whole lives, but change of directions and stuff is killer for me.

Overall I feel good, and I'll be at the gym in the am.

5. auger38 Will pay to check your oil

auger38
    I confuse the fuck out of myself sometimes. i was going to do squat working sets of 225lbs today, but when I got to the second set, I pulled up on the 3rd rep. No idea why. Just wasn't feeling it I guess.

Wanting to save the workout session and end on a high note, I decided to attempt to set a PR of 245lbs. Instead, I hit 245lbs for a nice, smooth, triple. No idea how, or where the strength came from.

I'm assuming this is all mental, and I just checked out on that second set. But, in super stoked about the triple!

45lbs x 5
    135lbs x 5
    185lbs x 5
    225lbs x 5
    225lbs x 3
    245lbs x 3 (weight/rep PR)

6. auger38 Will pay to check your oil

auger38
    Only played 1 hour of pick up hockey today. Guy I carpooled with fucked his knee and we had to leave early. Still a good skate though! Unsure if I'm going to the gym tomorrow morning before I leave for Ottawa at 5am or not

7. auger38 Will pay to check your oil

auger38
    My roommate just came back from a hunting trip, and now is all about getting healthy/in shape. He convinced me that I probably wasn't going to go to the gym tomorrow, and so I went with him today.

Just did some front squats and fucked around on a cable row machine while I waited for him to finish his workout.

Front squats went up well considering my legs were burning after hockey this morning. New PR, again. I also cable rowed way more than I thought I could.

Front squats
    45lbs x 5
    135lbs x 5
    155lbs x 5
    175lbs 3 x 5 (weight/rep PR)

Cable row
    150lbs x 8

8. auger38 Will pay to check your oil

auger38
    After a week of partying and doing bachelor party activities in the greater Tremblant area, I got back in the gym today. Being hung over from last night, I was impressed that I only felt like throwing up for 80% of my squats. Squatted easier than I would have liked just to get back into the swing of things.

Squat
    45lbs x 5
    135lbs x 5
    185lbs x 5
    225lbs x 3 x 5

9. auger38 Will pay to check your oil

auger38
    1.5 hours of hockey today. Good skate playing with good hockey players. Legs are burning a bit. Should be taking a nap and might hit the gym after!