Rousey to Retire... White Thinks So.

In the old kayfabe days this was the case. Wrestlers were legit tough guys who had to win if they ever got into barfights etc. outside the ring because otherwise their character would be ruined.

These days with everyone knowing it's fake and the product being marketed as "entertainment" rather than sport I don't think it's as crucial.

Ronda's fame is probably her main upside at this point.
It shouldn't be too hard to sell Ronda as an imposing threat to most of their female wrestlers anyway. I mean, she probably would destroy all of them in real life except if Nia Jax has decent training (or if the princess of titans who trains with the likes of Mitrione and Rumble actually gets signed by WWE since she did have tryouts).

Last edited:
WIth Ronda's unwillingness to go to a gym that could improve her skills, she really should retire.

ronda2.gif

Is that the has-been with bipolar and an undeserved sense of entitlement? The one that got her ass kicked a few times, proceeded to rage quit, took her ball and went home? If so, I say good riddance.

I actually believe going to WWE is a horrible idea for her. Look at how she reacts when she loses, now imagine how she will react when she is booked to lose or has to put another wrestler over. If you think Shawn Micheals was horiible about that shit in his heyday wait until Ronda's crazy ass comes along. As entitled and Dim-witted as Rousey is I think a WWE career is nothing but trouble for the booking department there. Seriously this woman thought she could beat men for real ina cage so she is more than likely gonna want to wrestle them in the damn WWE.

My god what a nose dive she took out of the sport. I can't think of another single one with an athlete that young that actually happened? I mean she was what 29 and literally couldn't even compete anymore.

WIth Ronda's unwillingness to go to a gym that could improve her skills, she really should retire.

This was her biggest problem unfortunately her legacy will suffer greatly as a result. After the loss to Holly she needed to reevaluate everything. Get with a top team that could completely revamp her striking. She is a great athlete, and she could've become a very good striker had she been working with coaches and training partners that actually could make that happen. She refused to do so. In fact she did nothing for like six months. Then she resumed the training with her same shitty coaches that put her on the path to getting destroyed by Holly. What Amanda did to her was not shocking to anyone.

My god what a nose dive she took out of the sport. I can't think of another single one with an athlete that young that actually happened? I mean she was what 29 and literally couldn't even compete anymore.
I think this is more because of who she fought, if she had fought say Pena or maybe even Pennington after Holly (and didn't fight again since) we would probably still think she is a top 3 contender.

Ronda gets a lot of hate around here, but I gotta say, I always liked watching her fight. Who really gives a shit about anybody's personality or what they say? The girl came to fight. She went for the gusto. I appreciate that. A lot of other fighters (male and female)play it safe and she never did that. You will never hear me say a bad word about Ronda.

She couldn't handle losing a fight for the first time, and it mindfucked her. Like it or not, if she could get her head together she'd be right back on top. If she wants to retire, so be it. She's a grown woman and she can do whatever she wants. Best of luck to her.

This probably means that her movie role opportunities have dried up.

Although her last two matches ended in brutal knockout losses
Nunez wasn't that brutal. It was a standing stoppage where she just stumbled for a sec as the ref stepped in then was fine. She didn't go down once the whole fight. How is that brutal? Some might even say it was an early stoppage.( those that say that know she was done they just wanted to see her get brutally dropped unconscious like she did vs holly, which didn't happen this time)

Back