Rousey to Retire... White Thinks So.

wonderbread

Stiff Member
Banned
Reaction score
Although her last two matches ended in brutal knockout losses, Ronda Rousey remains one of the catalysts in catapulting women’s MMA (mixed martial arts) into the mainstream.

But as far as Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White is concerned, Rousey may never step foot on the octagon again—this time, for good.

“I think she’s going to retire,” White candidly spoke of Rousey to Sports Illustrated’s Jon Wertheim. ”She hasn’t announced that. She hasn’t said that to me, but it’s what I believe cause I know fucking everything.”

Read more: http://sports.inquirer.net/260986/u...y-will-announce-retirement-soon#ixzz4q1HMFrN3
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

rGFzGi7.gif

She is retired and is going to get that WWE money. She already started her wrestling training so she can crossover to WWE with Shayna, Jessamyn and Marina.

I don't know why there's so much talk about what she's going to do. It was relevant after she lost to Holly but after this blowout, humiliating loss to Nunes, who really cares what she has planned?

She is retired and is going to get that WWE money. She already started her wrestling training so she can crossover to WWE with Shayna, Jessamyn and Marina.

OMG is that mr Saul in your av?

Are you an Atleti fan? Vamossss

Geez, all she has to do is train hard, show up to fight, and use her damn judo. Now she'll always be known as the champ who talked big but ran scared when the going got tough.

I don't know why there's so much talk about what she's going to do. It was relevant after she lost to Holly but after this blowout, humiliating loss to Nunes, who really cares what she has planned?

That's a bit harsh, but I don't really get why she would be a draw in pro wrestling, as her claim to fame is being the baddest woman on the planet. And as of now she obviously is far from being that.

That's a bit harsh, but I don't really get why she would be a draw in pro wrestling, as her claim to fame is being the baddest woman on the planet. And as of now she obviously is far from being that.
Her striking was the baddest.

We live in a world where Chael vs Chuck is somehow relevant in 2017. Ronda is certainly relevant, whether you or I care about her is irrelevant, casuals still care and casuals pay the majority of the UFC's profits. I think we'd be doing ourselves a disservice in pretending she no longer matters when that is overwhelmingly not the case.

Doesn't Bork Lazer still draw pretty well?

So sad, she still could've had good fights with girls like Pena, Pennington and maybe even (she said she'd come back for it) Tate. If she got a couple wins I don't think Shevchenko is as bad a matchup for her as Holly and Nunes either (smaller, less power and more willing to go to the ground compared to Holly).

WAR3 :( Once Ever armbars.

Last edited:
She can be marketed as the baddest submission artist instead. :D

We live in a world where Chael vs Chuck is somehow relevant in 2017. Ronda is certainly relevant, whether you or I care about her is irrelevant, casuals still care and casuals pay the majority of the UFC's profits. I think we'd be doing ourselves a disservice in pretending she no longer matters when that is overwhelmingly not the case.
Rousey should have taken better advantage of your opinion, which I think is true. I think she has a LOT of opportunity out there, yet mentally I think she has defeated herself.

Doesn't Bork Lazer still draw pretty well?

He started out as a pro wrestler, crossed over to mma. So him even winning a few fights in mma was a huge thing - let alone he became the champ.

Ronda's claim to fame was her being unbeatable in mma.

Back