Rousey Defends WWE's Saudi Arabia Event

FoghornLeghorn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Link

Some excerpts from the article;

Several politicians and other high powered people have been calling for Vince McMahon to postpone the event in the wake of the Jamal Khashoggi murder and alleged Saudi cover up.
But, Ronda tells us she supports the decision to move forward with 'Crown Jewel' on Nov. 2nd in Riyadh -- based on previous experience as an athlete who's competed internationally.

"And, I think that pulling out of the 'Crown Jewel' would be the wrong move because I think that this is an opportunity to be able to share our cultures, and to define what we have in common and in times especially when, you know, times of adversity between two countries that’s the absolute wrong time to be able to pull away."

She also hopes the event will inspire women in Saudi Arabia -- saying, "Women can’t compete in Saudi Arabia right now, but I think if the 'Crown Jewel' is a huge success, and WWE really takes off in Saudi Arabia, they’re going to be demanding to see the women soon."

Definitely can't support WWE's move to continue the event. Interesting to hear Rousey supporting it. Figured she'd be against Saudi Arabia's track record on women's rights, especially considering women aren't even welcome on the card.

Guess that Oil/Blood Money is hard to resist.

Edit:

In case people don't know what's going on; There was a reporter criticizing the Saudi government in the news. So the Saudi Government sent 15 men into a consulate in Turkey when the reporter would be there to pick up divorce papers. They tortured him, cut off his fingers, then cut his head and legs off of his torso, stuffed the body parts into a suitcase and threw it down a well. Then, they dressed somebody else up in the clothes the reporter was wearing who then walked around pretending to be him as a cover.

WWE will spend the event talking about how wonderful and progressive the Saudi Government is, as part of their agreement.

Last edited:
Rousey isn't known for her intellect, and much like a lot of people with daddy issues, is unquestionably devoted to any man who takes an interest in her (IE: Edmond Tarverdyan, Dana White, Vince McMahon, etc.).

Auto-Triggered virgins incoming

Link

Some excerpts from the article;

Definitely can't support WWE's move to continue the event. Interesting to hear Rousey supporting it. Figured she'd be against Saudi Arabia's track record on women's rights, especially considering women aren't even welcome on the card.

Guess that Oil/Blood Money is hard to resist.

Did you even read what she said?

Wrong forum. Thread belongs in Worldwide Pro Wrestling. This is the UFC pro wrestling forum.

Did you even read what she said?
I'm painfully watching the video right now, and she unwittingly seems to think the issue is that women aren't allowed to compete in Saudi Arabia (which was the main controversy at the last WWE-Saudi event in April), and not the massive Jamal Khashoggi story that's been pervading news and social media for the last two weeks, which has been the big controversy surrounding this upcoming WWE event (the fact that they're going regardless because the Saudi government is paying them tens of millions per show to spread propaganda to their global audience).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm painstakingly watching the video right now, and she unwittingly seems to think the issue is that women aren't allowed to compete in Saudi Arabia (which was the main controversy at the last WWE-Saudi event), and not the massive Jamal Khashoggi issue that's been pervading news and social media for the last two weeks.
I havent heard of it either,tbh.

Understandable, but ultimately quixotic. No autocrat has willingly given up power, and fuckin' pro wrestling isn't going to change that.

I mean dozens of those evil Asian/African dictatorships murder people 24/7; it seems arbitrary that it's this specific murder that's got everyone riled up.

I havent heard of it either,tbh.

State sponsored murder of a journalist who criticised the Saudi government essentially.

They then lied about anything happening for a few days, then admitted he got in a fight, then admitted he was murdered.

Then apparently they found part of his dismembered corpse in the consuls garden.

Ronda also believes Sandy Hook didnt happen.

Look it up. UFC tried so hard to not let the mainstream find out about that.

Typical liberal trash Ronda..supporting a terrorist regime.

State sponsored murder of a journalist who criticised the Saudi government essentially.

They then lied about anything happening for a few days, then admitted he got in a fight, then admitted he was murdered.

Then apparently they found part of his dismembered corpse in the consuls garden.
She might not have known. In any case i dont think she meant anything malicious,or is cold hearted about what happened and believe her intentions are good.

Ronda also believes Sandy Hook didnt happen.

Look it up. UFC tried so hard to not let the mainstream find out about that.

Wouldn't suprise me, she is also a doomsday preper. She is only worrying about her one bank account.

She might not have known. In any case i dont think she meant anything malicious,or is cold hearted about what happened and believe her intentions are good.

I must say, I'm not sure of the level of coverage in the US, but its been pretty heavily covered in the UK.

At the end of the day, ignorance won't work as an excuse though. It'll still look bad regardless of whether she knew or not.

Can we whoop Vinny Macs head over Danas
Dana-White-money-696x399.jpg

Back