Rousey cannot take a punch. Cyborg would have killed her tonite

It's just a pity that she can't make weight permanently, she would be unbeatable in the UFC!:icon_neut

Lol Cyborg is just jealous of the fame Ronda got. She feels like she should be the number one in the world and have all the fame and hype, but in reality shes a proven cheater who fights girls under her weight class, and probably still cheats because she knows she not THAT good. So they both accomplished the same thing, being touted as the number 1 woman fighter in the world. But one cheated, while the other one did not. I have no desire to see Cyborg fight anyone, shes pretty much a disgrace to wmma. Everything she ever does is to get attention. It's not Rousey's fault she dropped her ufc contract cause she "couldn't" make the 135 weight, but now once shes out of the contract she can.

Those punches did land, but didn't seem to phase Ronda. I imagine Cyborg does hit much harder than McMann but from what I've seen (punches landed by Meisha and McMann), Ronda can take a few.

THE FUCK? She cannot take a punch but was receiving power shots from Sara. OXYMORON MUCH?

My thoughts exactly, how can you say he can't take a punch then go on to say she ate clean power punches all night...

People seem to be building Cyborg up as the female Crocop/JDS but the reality is that she's never shown the ability to get quick stoppages the way they have nore the takedown defence they had/have.

The reason Cyborg has been effective standing is the same reason Ronda isn't likely to be punished standing, there simply aren't many(any?) quality strikers in womens MMA.

If the fight turned into a prolonged midrange brawl yes I would favour Cyborg over Rousey but I think its far more likely it ends up in the clinch and on the ground. Cyborg's takedown defence has never looked that great to me, certainly nothing like as good as the minute we saw from McMann vs Rousey.

That really sums up for me why I like watching Rousey more than Cyborg. The former is using technique at a similar level to the men's sport, the latter is technically far weaker than any fighter at the top of the mens sport and gets by on steroid fueled strength and favourable style matchups.

This guy gets it. Cyborg has been hyped out of all proportion because of her fights, she brawls and uses her unnatural strength to bully people. Rousey is far stronger than her opposition, and far more skilled. Cyborg likes fighting in the clinch- but if she clinches with Rousey she's going flying, and I don't care about her jits or strength- if it hits the mat, Rousey will take her arm home. If Carano can land full mount, that just doesn't look good where her TDD is concerned. Someone like Holly Holm actually has a better chance if she develops her TDD, because she has the skill and polish to try and use movement and a good jab to keep Rousey away. Cyborg doesn't have the polished movement to stop Rousey from clinching.

Not saying Cyborg couldn't land a few and score a TKO, but Rousey has a far better chance than people think.

People need to go back and watch the Gina fight. If Cyborg pulls the same stupid shit with take downs its a quick hip toss and arm bar to end her night. Twice she tried taking Gina down and twice it was so sloppy she ended up in full mount. Does she have the edge in striking? Sure, but that doesn't help when Ronda will close the distance clinch and toss her on her ass.

Her stand up was piss poor and defense lacking. McMahon was hitting her with clean power shots all nite and if it wasn't for the Ref who knows what would have happen, a new champion? Hm I think so.

Dude, she knocks down or out I'm lost with the spewing of stuff from her camp world champion boxers and they are having to bring in bears chained up and she is popping them in the head with leakage of brain coming out of their ears in the after math.

sarcastic-o.gif

Her stand up was piss poor and defense lacking. McMahon was hitting her with clean power shots all nite and if it wasn't for the Ref who knows what would have happen, a new champion? Hm I think so.

Do you have any idea how stupid you sound w/ that?

I agree that her boxing leaves much to be desired, but she was taking those punches like a champ. She moved forward the whole time. Not sure why you think she can't handle getting hit.

I think it's common knowledge cyborg destroys her or any wmma fighter. I highly doubt Dana ever lets it happen though.

That knee WHILE THEY WERE STANDING sure was effective.

But yeah, Ronda has always been a little rough with defending punches. Theoretically, she could find herself in trouble if she can't get the clinch with someone, but so far there's no stopping her.

Okay I'm never a grammar Nazi (my spelling and use of commas are horrible), but dude........at least try.

145 Cyborg could have. Not sure about this new 135 version.

Cyborg? The one Carrano mounted? lol ok

She dropped to 135 in Strikeforce just so she COULD avoid Cyborg, she has been running from that fight hiding behind convenient excuses for years.

morons, all of this has been covered 100 times in the WW forum. Ronda has never ducked Cyborg. They even had a bout agreement signed for June 2012 but Cyborg couldn't get her suspension reduced to six months (see Cyborg's CSAC suspension hearing, Cyborg signed legal affidavits confirming all of this) so the SF 145 class got scrapped and in the meantime the UFC picked up the 135 class. After that it was totally irrelevant until the UFC picked up Cyborg's contract and offered her the fight with Ronda. Instead of accepting, Cyborg asked to be released so she could go fight someplace where Ronda will never go. So... who is ducking?

I doubt Cyborg has any real intention of dropping weight to fight Ronda on a level playing field. Cyborg is irrelevant and has no name, so she is doing what she can to stay in the news by playing off of Ronda's fame.

I don`t know...the more I watch Rousey fight, he more I think Cyborg doesn`t have much of a chance. Ronda just keeps getting better and better. I think, once Ronda and Cyborg clinch, it`s all she wrote for the `roided one.

Jarl

Back