Rothschild banker Macron introduces massive pro-business & employer reform for GROWTH. Nice!

lecter

not even webscale
@Silver
Reaction score
The international left's new favorite politician and leader of the free world Emmanuel Macron is getting started!
He's attacking the struggling economy and high unemployment rates with his 'renovation sociale'. Both are caused by an overblown social sector + welfare state + France not being business friendly enough as Macron rightfully points out.

His reform introduces ceilings for financial compensations which a court can grant to an employee if he's fired without justifiable reasons. This reduces the costs for businesses that fire their employees, which makes a lot of sense. It makes it much easier for employers to lay off workers if their company is in financial trouble.

Another related measurement, which was demanded by employers, is a reduction of time limits for litigations when an employment contract is terminated.

When it comes to cooperation tax, Macron targets a reduction from 33% to 25%. That's also is an excellent idea and certainly will help with GROWTH, which means JOBS JOBS JOBS.

Furthermore, Macron's reform makes France more attractive for multinational cooperations which want to establish a subsidiary in France. Labor rights will be adjusted so that dismissing employees for economic reasons will be easier for international cooperations because the relevant geographical zone when looking at financial problems will be reduced.

Together with his plan to cut 120,000 civil service jobs, this looks very promising for France.
Leftists criticize his plans for being "business first" but that's just another case of the left eating their own I guess.

http://www.lemonde.fr/politique/art...flottements-de-l-executif_5145001_823448.html
https://www.lesechos.fr/economie-fr...rs-beaucoup-plus-larges-quannonce-2098017.php

You forgot to say that he wants to do it via executive orders for teh quickness

Together with his plan to cut 120,000 civil service jobs, this looks very promising for France.
Someone explain to me how cutting 120K jobs is good.

If you have a bloated public sector it could make perfect sense. Making the economy more business friendly at the same time as Macron hopes to do could then open up private sector jobs for those laid off by the state.

Paid for with taxpayers' money.
Macron is a fan of shrinking the public sector + advancing privatization.

How many of those are redundant is my question. Like my office is public sector work but I bet we could cut 5 people out of our 20 person office and still be able to function.

ahh shitt...right or left...another one of rothschild's puppets handling business as usual...gotta look good for the sheeps...

My main concern is the safety and well being of the French.
Can't we just have a France thread about the merits of labor rights vs pro-business policies or something? Must you always make it about the migrants? There are plenty of threads for that already.
How many of those are redundant is my question. Like my office is public sector work but I bet we could cut 5 people out of our 20 person office and still be able to function.
Probably a lot. France has historically had very strong, some would say too strong, labor rights and they're very skeptical of big business. I suspect it stems from their belief in their cultural superiority and so they've always seen themselves as resisting Anglo-Saxon capitalism as it engulfed the rest of the world.

Can't we just have a France thread about the merits of labor rights vs pro-business policies or something? Must you always make it about the migrants? There are plenty of threads for that already.

Migrants are an integral part of endless growth.

Probably a lot. France has historically had very strong, some would say too strong, labor rights and they're very skeptical of big business. I suspect it stems from their belief in their cultural superiority and so they've always seen themselves as resisting Anglo-Saxon capitalism as it engulfed the rest of the world.
I took a class on labor unions and such in college and we focused almost solely on France for them.

The thing I find comical about France is the sort of names they give their movements like from the French Revolution and such.

Back