(Roth-era) Van Halen vs. Guns N' Roses?

Other than the guitar work, I just could never get into van Halen. The songs don't appeal to me

I can't stand Axle's voice, so Van Halen gets the default win.

These two bands were very big and significant on the American hard rock scene.
So which band is more appealing to you?
Both , but for different reasons:
1). Guns n Roses because they took Aerosmith where the latter left off (ref Axl's vocal range compared to Steve Tyler;
2). VH because they were the game changers who morphed HR forever.

After all, he's only trying to emulate Steve Tyler :):)

Steven Tyler is a pedophile.

“In 1973, Tyler obtained guardianship of 16-year-old Julia Holcomb so that she could live with him in Boston.”

Tyler was 25 at the time.

Think GnR have produced much better songs overall although like Van Halen too. Appetite is a classic. If they had released Use Your Illusion as one album with about 12 tracks would have been another classic. (All killer no filler)

1. Right next door to hell
2. Don't Cry
3. Double talkin Jive
4. Back off Bitch
5. November Rain
6. Coma
7. You Could Be Mine
8. Estranged
9. Locomotive
10. Civil War
11. Get In The Ring
12. My World

Think GnR have produced much better songs overall although like Van Halen too. Appetite is a classic. If they had released Use Your Illusion as one album with about 12 tracks would have been another classic. (All killer no filler)

1. Right next door to hell
2. Don't Cry
3. Double talkin Jive
4. Back off Bitch
5. November Rain
6. Coma
7. You Could Be Mine
8. Estranged
9. Locomotive
10. Civil War
11. Get In The Ring
12. My World

Nice list, but I would definitely replace My World with Pretty Tied Up (a much better tune IMO).

yea, c'mon.

it's like comparing apples and potatoes.

Van Halen all day long, son.

*honorable mention to Slash, guitar God

Eddie Van Halen is a main reason why VH is held in high regard as the band in the rock world.
Without him VH would be treated as the average rock band.

I was more of a Van Halen fan when they came out than I was a gnr fan but can’t say I was ever really into either of them but they both have some good songs.

Van Hagar had some good tunes as well. Got to see Sammy perform solo. Don’t worry, I got paid to see it. He did put on a great show. Jason Bonham was on drums and Micheal Anthony was on bass. Not sure who was playing guitar.

Not my video and don’t know who posted it. I’m definitely not greg.

Guns'n'Roses and it's not even close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back