Ross Ulbricht, aka Dread Pirate Roberts, lost his appeal today

Meanwhile....... backpage sells trafficked children with immunity

Fuck this society

You think a guy who tried to have six people killed, in three separate occasions, to be less of a threat than a guy who sucker punched a cerebral palsy sufferer? I guess we have different opinions.

The prosecution decided not to charge him of those murders because there was overwhelming evidence that he tried to have them done and that was enough to factor them into his sentencing. He could be prosecuted for those murders in Maryland, but now that his last appeal has been denied I doubt that will happen.

I'm not an expert on this case nor am I going to spend hours studying up on it. I am simply stating that if his sentence is for the creation of Silk Road and not the attempted murders then that seems a bit harsh. If he's been proven to put out a hit on six people then thats a different story.

At the end of the day a drunk who sucker punches strangers in public is more of a threat to me since I'm not a business associate of Ross, if I was i might feel different.

I'm not an expert on this case nor am I going to spend hours studying up on it. I am simply stating that if his sentence is for the creation of Silk Road and not the attempted murders then that seems a bit harsh. If he's been proven to put out a hit on six people then thats a different story.

At the end of the day a drunk who sucker punches strangers in public is more of a threat to me since I'm not a business associate of Ross, if I was i might feel different.

The murders were used in sentencing. The judge used the federal sentencing guidelines to determine the sentence. The judge can upgrade the sentence if the defendant used or threatened violence in furtherance of a drug crime. The judge, and the appellate court, decided that there was ample evidence that Ross used violence to further his crimes.

Furthermore, Ross didn't just try to kill his associates. The last hit he tried to arrange was against one associate who happened to live with three other people. Initially Ross wanted just the one man killed, but the person who was setting up the hit said if that happened Ross wouldn't get any of his money back. Ross decided that it was best to kill the man and his three roommates to recover his money. That's a dangerous person.

Dread Pirate Roberts was the username Ulbricht used while running the Silk Road, an online marketplace for drugs and various items/services.
DPR was a username passed on to the next successor, Ross wasnt the original, the original who set up silk road it seems will never face the law, and its bullshit Ross was involved in hiring a hitman,
an amazing human being robbed of his life

DPR was a username passed on to the next successor, Ross wasnt the original, the original who set up silk road it seems will never face the law, and its bullshit Ross was involved in hiring a hitman,
an amazing human being robbed of his life

There is zero evidence that Ross passed on the name to anyone else. There is ample evidence that Ross ran the site the entire time up to him being logged into the computer, under the DPR username, when arrested.

Here is the evidence that Ross hired hitmen:

He had journal entries stored on his computer where he acknowledged hiring hitmen.
There is a chat transcript where he discusses, at length, hiring them and agreeing to a sum of money.
There are bitcoin wallets on his computer that show transactions amounting to the agreed upon sums at the correct date.

What evidence do you have that he wasn't DPR and that he wasn't involved in the hits?

the name WAS PASSED ON TO HIM, now lrt me be clear, he was DPR, but not the first he may have been the 3rd but mosdef not the 1st, also not the only one using DPR moniker on the site and a few others had login details,
ive been following this closely from the beginning as i have a personal interes/involvent in darknet markets even to this day, if your interested and open minded in hearing other sides thoughts this blog is a good place
https://allthingsvice.com/2013/10/07/how-many-pirates-are-there-an-update/

Ross, and his defense team, admitted to founding Silk Road and coining the name Dread Pirate Roberts.

The defense was never able to prove, in any way, that the name DPR had been passed on to anyone.

I'm not interested in that site, but I appreciate the link. I don't think an article from 2013 from a random blogger has vetted the evidence as well as a jury, a judge, and then appellate court.

If you have compelling evidence that proves Ross's freedom than please post it here, as I would like to see it, and I think it would be a shock to his legal team who basically had nothing other than, "I started it but someone else was the evil genius and framed me", despite all evidence to the contrary.

Back