'Roseanne' spinoff 'The Conners' is Happening

The show sucked when they brought it back the first time. I think they didn't want her involved in the reboot but it's hard to bring back Roseanne without Roseanne, so they basically were waiting for her to fuck up. The novelty of the show coming back wore off and people have even less reason to watch the show now since Roseanne at least brought something different to the table. Darlene's character is neutered and boring as fuck. Somehow Dan is alive now and Roseanne is dead. It's all clusterfuck really.

Still probably better than Murphey Brown. What the fuck is that about?!
Yeah Murphy Brown is Def out of left field. Wtf! It has nothing to do with current events

Watched the first episode and wow what a fucking buzzkill. It's just too damn different without Roseanne.

I find it amazing that no one could forgive Roseanne for making a stupid comment but someone who makes completely unapologetic statements like Louis Farrakhan is praised and revered by many of the same people. It's absurd.
Its more about advertising than anything. People would still watch, but major companies would be reluctant to buy ad space this soon after her tirade and she hasnt been really apologetic. With the political climate as it is right now, its a good move to get rid of her. five to 10 years ago, woulda been fine.

Yeah Murphy Brown is Def out of left field. Wtf! It has nothing to do with current events
I mean it's sort of relevant, powerful female journalist and all, makes sense from that perspective. Just seems like an incredibly random show. I may just be too young to have seen it's cultural impact, but I remember it being a D level Nick At Nite rerun that no one cared about at the time. I don't see things changing since then.

Didn't watch Roseanne back in the 90s...ain't starting now.

Only person who's legit and cool is John Goodman. Oh and the chick from Scrubs when she was on Scrubs.

I'm glad they canned Roseanne because her delivery in the reboot was godawful.

I watched the original series almost all the way through and thought it was weird. One of the most uncomfortable series finales for that kind of show I can remember.

Its more about advertising than anything. People would still watch, but major companies would be reluctant to buy ad space this soon after her tirade and she hasnt been really apologetic. With the political climate as it is right now, its a good move to get rid of her. five to 10 years ago, woulda been fine.
No...it's not all about advertising...not unless you're some kind of retarded Lemming.

I mean it's sort of relevant, powerful female journalist and all, makes sense from that perspective. Just seems like an incredibly random show. I may just be too young to have seen it's cultural impact, but I remember it being a D level Nick At Nite rerun that no one cared about at the time. I don't see things changing since then.
My mom watched it, and I would with her. I kinda liked it, but I was like 8-10 at the time. Sure she was a powerful woman but the rest of the show was kinda a lame sitcom.
Never seemed that overly popular, don't see why it's coming back tbh

Makes sense. The real roseanne gets crazy and racist when she take ambien. Only fitting that the tv version would die from taking Norco.

Can you provide an example of a celebrity saying far worse and not getting fired? Because the one you provided isn't even close. And lol at her "apology." She assumed because the rest of the show's staff are liberals, ABC wouldn't can them. Turns out she was right, I guess.

It's a fantasy world where calling a black woman a fucking ape isn't horribly racist. She did that shit on purpose too, anticipating support from the anti-PC mafia.

Fox can always hire her.

God bless the Trump Effect.

She didn't call anyone an ape. She made a joke about someone who looks white, but can identify as 'black'. Her joke was actually pretty clever and you need to be a snowflake to make it racist.

Doing end zone dances when white children have cancer and celebrating their eventual death? Now that will get you a job with the NYT.

She didn't call anyone an ape. She made a joke about someone who looks white, but can identify as 'black'. Her joke was actually pretty clever and you need to be a snowflake to make it racist.

It wasn't even that deep. Valerie Jarrett legitimately looks like a character from POTA. That's all there was to it.

Watched the first episode and wow what a fucking buzzkill. It's just too damn different without Roseanne.

I find it amazing that no one could forgive Roseanne for making a stupid comment but someone who makes completely unapologetic statements like Louis Farrakhan is praised and revered by many of the same people. It's absurd.

Did you watch Rosenanne on Rogan. She does some really left field thing where she attempts to characterize the tweet as not being about physical appearance at all and being a commentary, instead, on Jarrett's Obama-era Iran policy and the way it placated or enabled a Planet of the Apes-esque totalitarian regime.

The whole thing is...interesting. Frankly, Rogan, who is very welcoming and respectful of her definitely has his moments of skepticism. She certainly didn't come across as malicious and I legitimately feel bad that she got completely canned from her own show rather than be given an opportunity to atone in some way, shape or form. But my problem with her interview with Joe is the way that she seemed to matter-of-factly emphasize that what she said was not about physical appearance, as though people would get that her explanation is straightforward.

As you said, though, there is such a sliding scale of response and reaction when these things occur. Some people say truly terrible things and are given a free pass. Others are axed the moment they make any sort of trouble.

This is worse than when Valerie turned into The Hogan Family

Did you watch Rosenanne on Rogan. She does some really left field thing where she attempts to characterize the tweet as not being about physical appearance at all and being a commentary, instead, on Jarrett's Obama-era Iran policy and the way it placated or enabled a Planet of the Apes-esque totalitarian regime.

The whole thing is...interesting. Frankly, Rogan, who is very welcoming and respectful of her definitely has his moments of skepticism. She certainly didn't come across as malicious and I legitimately feel bad that she got completely canned from her own show rather than be given an opportunity to atone in some way, shape or form. But my problem with her interview with Joe is the way that she seemed to matter-of-factly emphasize that what she said was not about physical appearance, as though people would get that her explanation is straightforward.

As you said, though, there is such a sliding scale of response and reaction when these things occur. Some people say truly terrible things and are given a free pass. Others are axed the moment they make any sort of trouble.

Yeah, I find that explanation is really suspect. The character she compared her to was a hero in the story and not one of the authoritarians. Why not just stick to the truth? It was a one to one comparison.

The "sliding scale" is all about the struggle for power. People have figured out that it is easy to control others by branding them a [take your pick of politically incorrect designations], and they will use it against anyone who isn't helping them acquire or maintain power. It is new wave Marxism.

Last edited:
Back