Rose Would Beat Andrade

This fight is definitely going to be the next fight but when do we think this happens?

I said in other thread, only Rose's cardio for me is problem here, because constant pressure from Andrade.
Plus whole talking about postConor trauma, is just smoke and mirrors to buy time for preparations. Rose can bring something new for Andrade, but it will be hard to match Andrade physicality.
I don't think this coach of her is so retarded, he doesn't know what's goin on with her outisde gym, so that's good, cus fight will be interesting at least. Let's be serious here.
Andrade improved also, punching power can be better because she said she is doing a lot of thai boxing these days.
So I guess this fight will happen soon.

Rose better be a master at tdd and incredible on her back foot because it's one thing to be a good striker/boxer like rose and being in a division where you can walk through pretty much every punch thrown at you while having the power to put your opponents to sleep like Andrade. If Rose wants to win, she has to outpoint Andrade while keeping her at a distance for 5 rounds. She pretty much has to be able to avoid any close range encounters with her. Joanna is an expert at exactly that. Rose hasn't shown that ability. While she had the power to to be a threat to Joanna, Andrade will just walk through her punches Gaethjestyle and throw haymakers. Bad matchup.

Rose doesn't fight very much like JJ. Rose is in-and-out, Joanna is always out. Rose is not an out fighter, she has a good jab but her jab is commonly used to set up combinations or an angle, she doesn't use it to keep distance the way Joanna does. One of Rose's best punches if the left hook in the pocket, but she doesn't want to be in the pocket against Andrade I just don't think Rose can handle the pressure.

If Rose is in against Andrade, she will die.

This is the dynamic that most folks don't understand. Rose is great in the open if you GIVE her the space to work, she gets in & out fast, moves well, and is accurate with her strikes. Same thing with Anthony Pettis, JDS, Barboza, and Overeem among others. The problem is what happens when an opponent puts sustained pressure on them; they go to pieces fairly quickly and get melted. Rose has yet to demonstrate the ability to work under pressure the way Joanna has, Karolina melted her and when Joanna clinched her late in the 3rd round she was looking rather panicked.

Rose might surprise me, but I have a hard time seeing her hold up under Andrade's sustained assault.

Rose and Joanna fights completely differently.

Joanna has vastly superior foot work and takedown defense than Rose. Both of which you need to beat Andrade if you can't directly out grapple her like maybe Suarez could.

Without that you get bullied, and no one at straw weight has shown that they have the firepower to take out Andrade while she is charging in.

Comparing Rose to Anderson Silva is retarded

yeah because rose is anderson silva

<{hughesimpress}>

Holy shit...

the GIF is an example of a heavy footed brawler getting picked apart by an agile, accurate fighter, which was the point I was making. In no way did I say, or try to compare, Rose to Silva or Andrade to Leben ffs...

Seems the only retarded thing in this situation is your reading and comprehension skills

Really solid fight. Hopefully we get

Rose vs Andrade
Valentina vs Joanna
Cyborg vs Nunes

3 really good women's title fights

Rose improved a hell of a lot in her 1st and 2nd fight vs. JJ.

I think those angles and counters will beat Andrade. I'm an Andrade fan though, she's like a mini Cybro....with Cybro not that exciting to watch lately.

Should be a great fight. Rose is more technical, well-rounded, and intelligent but Andrade will come straight for her and can always land something vicious. Rose will win a UD or get a late stoppage imho.

Business is starting to pick up at WSW. Hopefully we can see a third fight between Rose and Joanna at some point down the road as well, whether it's for the belt or not. Feels like there's still another solid war to be had.

source.gif

Rose Would Beat Andrade

of course she would, she's straight. Did you know "male essence" contains vital nutrients that can help supplement a female fighter's ability to recover, explode and instill self confidence. Can't get that if you're banging other chicks. Yeah KK lost to a flukey punch against a very suspect-looking Andrade, but didn't Joanna knock her silly?

eWQkSBR.jpg

Back