Rose Namajunas: Traumatized by the bus incident, or faking for a potential lawsuit?

Peteyandjia

Spring Saku
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Conor throws a heavy metal dolly at a bus. Shatters the glass. Glass in Ray Borg’s cornea cancels his fight; laceration on Michael Chiesa’s head cancels his; but the longest-lasting potential damage, seems to have been done to Rose Namajunas.

By Dana’s account, immediately afterwards they ushered all the fighters somewhere for different transportation, but she freaked out & took off by herself out into the New York streets, to get back to the hotel herself.

The embedded footage only briefly shows her on the bus reacting, curled over with her hoodie pulled over her head. Accounts from people on the bus say she was shaking & scared, seemed to take it the hardest.

0_D39_D0_CC_B330_43_FA_A64_F_7998_C47_F5_B36.jpg

She later told Ariel it brought back street memories of some rough times growing up. Despite this, she persevered, & went on to defeat Joanna again that Saturday, successfully defending her title.

But as recently as weeks ago, her coach Trevor Wittman said in an interview that she stopped leaving the house as much right after that, and still hasn’t been the same since.

Is this posturing for a lawsuit? Or legit trauma? Obviously, as weirdos hanging out on an interwebz karate forum, we are all experts in psychology, as well as law. So I figured I would raise the issue here. What is y’alls take on the situation?

And did anyone have their fandom of Conor impacted by all this, or lose any respect for him after? Does he owe her a public apology?

What say you, sherfam.

Rose-Namajunas-Conor-McGregor-Bus-Attack-Feature-696x406.jpg

Faking for potential lawsuit.

What a pussy.

I love Ms. Rose but she is a bit emotionally unstable, so I don't doubt that she was traumatized.

Rose is weird as shit, total goofball so who tf knows. The type of girl who gets traumatized by shit like this then at the same time could stab you with a knife for talking to another girl.

I think it's a gimmick. The only person we're hearing this from is her coach. He said she doesn't even leave the house anymore yet her Instagram is overflowing with pics of her outside on multiple trips and vacations.

If you listened to her on the Rogan podcast she has a lot of emotional problems and that was in January before the bus incident.

Pretty sure she has a therapy dog and she stays away from crowded places because she thinks people will attack her or there might be a terrorist attack.

She saw ANTIFA protestors the weekend of the first JJ fight and had a panic attack.

She hides in her hotel on fight weekends previous to this as well.

Edit: Listen to JRE MMA Podcast #13 from January 18.

Last edited:
Great fighter but an absolute basket case. No idea. I tend to believe her, doesn't seem the type to angle for a law suit but who knows.

You guys are fucking disgusting. @Peteyandjia of all fucking people. You're a fucking admin act like it.

thug..

Shes faking but why not. Get that money ,, If I was sitting on the bus with a bunch of other poor people and some rich dude threw a dolly at it because some russian, who has beat a lot of people without wikipedia pages, was on it, Id pretend to be upset also

Fights an easy win for Conor, lawsuit is an easy win for her

Last edited:
Rose has admitted that she has some mental health issues stemming from a rough childhood, including a schizophrenic father, sexual abuse, violence and drugs. This was known before the Conor incident.

She has an emotional support dog.

What Conor did probably triggered some PTSD for her.

We are talking about someone that cries.... when she wins!
Just kidding, I like Rose. She'll be fine.

It's legit, I think. She seems to have a lot of issues....

Rose has admitted that she has some mental health issues stemming from a rough childhood, including a schizophrenic father, sexual abuse, violence and drugs. This was known before the Conor incident.

She has an emotional support dog.

What Conor did probably triggered some PTSD for her.

This numb nuts, I'm not just being sensitive.

i don't know how some people haven't noticed this, but Rose, is a mentally and emotionally unstable person.

it's definitely ridiculous way to act for a normal person, but she's obviously not the norm.

i doubt she's acting.

Doesn’t matter whe will lose her belt next fight for sure and spiral further into obscurity.

This numb nuts, I'm not just being sensitive.

For what it’s worth, I believe Rose. I think Conor owes her a public apology. I also think doing so would go a long way with all the young people he influences.

Back