Rose might just shock the world, It's Silly to count her out

It's going to be another boring 50-45 unanimous decision Joann "striking clinic" sparring session.

<1>
I would say this fight has like a zero percent chance of being boring. Rose Is literally never In a boring fight.

giphy.gif

I really like them both but Rose will get the win. The rare really exciting strawweight fight!

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Rose wins. Claudia G. took Joanna down multiple times but could not get the submission. Rose's ground game is high level for WMMA, she has submitted plenty of people. One wrong move and Rose subs Joanna.

Rose was on the ground with Karolina for half a round and got nothing done. Claudia had Karolina tapped out within 20 seconds of hitting the ground.

Rose does her best work when opponents get stupid and make fundamental mistakes while grappling, Joanna does not make those mistakes, she's the best defensive grappler in the division who strips off grips and stops submission attempts before they even have a chance to get started.

I like Rose,but she is going to have to be brilliant to beat JJ,and i havent seen that from her.

She's mentally weak & i think Queen Joanna is going to mentally screw her up b4 the fight even happens, i see this being a finish for Queen Joanna tbh.

Rose is a little too small IMO.

You'd need a grinder like Chael or Fitch style to beat JJ IMO. Though I'll be honest I don't know enough about 115 WMMA to know if there is that style of person out there. I thought Esparza was maybe that style?

Anyway I'll probably just bet it'll go to decision.
Basically Claudia with a better gas tank,is the only way i could see Joanna losing.Itd have to be someone who hits hard enough to get JJ's respect,but is a good enough grappler to halt Joanna's movement and make her work,so that she isnt able to always use her evasive footwork. If you let Joanna settle into that groove,victory will be that much more unatainable

It's ok to be wrong. You don't have to be dismissive and act like a bitch over it.
lol @ your suspect chin theory. How many more fights does she have to win? i mean even if she loses by ko eventually,what would that even mean?
that shes human?

YOU DONT SAY.

Its like saying any fighter who ever has been rocked has a suspect chin. Literally the term suspect chin is stupid,especially for an undefeated world champion,who has been hit hard plenty of times.

Shock the world? Maybe like this:

Rose was on the ground with Karolina for half a round and got nothing done. Claudia had Karolina tapped out within 20 seconds of hitting the ground.

Rose does her best work when opponents get stupid and make fundamental mistakes while grappling, Joanna does not make those mistakes, she's the best defensive grappler in the division who strips off grips and stops submission attempts before they even have a chance to get started.
Well, if there's a mistake we'll see what happens. I don't think Rose will get it done on the feet. Agree? She has to get it to the ground. Just saying if Joanna makes a mistake on the ground, Rose could capitalize. Anything can happen

Well, if there's a mistake we'll see what happens. I don't think Rose will get it done on the feet. Agree? She has to get it to the ground. Just saying if Joanna makes a mistake on the ground, Rose could capitalize. Anything can happen
I can see Rose winning only if:
-she counter punching her
-making her wobbly like Karolina
- then submitting semi-conscious JJ

very unlikely though.

ATT is the best wrestling/grappling team in the world.

Even best MMA BJJ guy admitted it (Demian Maia)
In WW division he had problems only with ATT guys

Couldn't do anything on the ground to Jorge Masvidal (Demian after the fight told it was the toughest fight)

Couldn't secure single TD against Woodley (something like 24 tries)

He will have tough time against another ATT guy soon (Colby Covington - great wrestler)

At ATT Coconut creek are 2 female BJJ world champions (black belt competition)

Luanna Alzuguir 5 times Jiu Jitsu world champion
Gezary Matuda 3x Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt World Champion (Joanna trains with her)

Shame there is no more wrestling coach- Kami Barzini with Joanna. He left ATT with Robbie to Combat Club. He trains currently Robbie Lawler, Volkan Oezdemir, Luke Rockhold.

Basically Claudia with a better gas tank,is the only way i could see Joanna losing.Itd have to be someone who hits hard enough to get JJ's respect,but is a good enough grappler to halt Joanna's movement and make her work,so that she isnt able to always use her evasive footwork. If you let Joanna settle into that groove,victory will be that much more unatainable

IMO there's 3 ways to beat Joanna:

1) GSP style. Good enough in striking to get her respect and avoid taking too much damage, with the grappling skills to take her down and keep her down plus the cardio to do it for all 5 rounds if needed. This skill set does not exist in the division, Claudia is the closest but her standup isn't good enough and she doesn't have the cardio.

2) Nunes or de Randemie style power striker. A striker with the power, accuracy, and timing to consistently hit Joanna with big shots and seriously damage her. No one at WSW has this skill set.

3) Someone who can match her speed, shut down her volume and beat her in the clinch. In other words, a 115 version of Valentina Shevchenko. Once again, no one at WSW has anything close to that.

Anything else and you're pretty much counting on a fluke and a ton of luck.

well she's young.

She lost against Karolina when she was 23. Carla when she was 21. It's clear that her biggest Issue Is mental. Just performing when It really counts, living up to that potential.

But, when you're that young..It's not an uncommon Issue. Sometimes your biggest opponent Is yourself.

She looked very on point against Waterson. A fight most people thought she would lose as well.

It should be Interesting to see If she has matured In that sense and performs under the lights.

But ya, again..when a person Is super young, It's hard to really define them as a person / fighter based on their past losses..they're always changing and evolving.

It does seem like she's truly coming Into her own now. She's firey. But we'll see
Did people really think she was going to lose to Waterson? Seems like a very even match on paper to me.

Rose is a good fighter but she has looked great in all her wins not just her last one, yet still fails to put it all together when it counts the most. Reminds me of cowboy and uriah hall in that matter.

Years ago I somehow ended up watching a random YouTube of Pat Barry in some gym in Milwaukee, there was a girl hitting the heavy bag in the background and I thought damn she's good ...... it was Rose in her amateur days.

Of course Rose has a chance, a slim one, but as a Joanna fan I'm actually more worried about Namajunas than Shevchenko.

Btw Barry and Jedrzejczyk were both members of Team Perfect under Hoost. Pat left under a cloud, should make for some good interaction.

Rose looks like a 13 year old boy

The problem is that Joanna does nothing but throw weak leg kicks and run these days, so unless Rose can close the distance, it's going to be another 50-45.

Never understood why people put Joanna on a pedestal, praising her quote-unquote "technical skills." She's a homeless man's version of Mayweather, but cucks like Luke Thomas wanna act like she's something special.
The fact that you just compared her fighting style to Mayweather is embarrassing. Stop coming on sherdog and try watching a fight for once

Theyre both bums. Id at least consider watching if rose had her fucking hair so she at least resembled a woman. But whatever, ill watch branch KO cuckhold that will be entertaining.

Are you saying that Rose's best chances are at range with Joanna? Are you high? If Rose can't get the fight to the ground, she's going to get smoked badly unless she lands a fluke punch.

Back