Rory vs Daley shows how good Lawler is..

No. Plenty of fighters were losing before they won. Gus isnt better than jones. Robbie is also a tough matchup for rory

Gus and Jones were equally matched that night.

Rory was winning by a bigger margin than Jones or Gus ever were. It'll just be proven throughout time I guess, Rory is definitely a better WW than Robbie.

Rory was winning by a bigger margin than Jones or Gus ever were. It'll just be proven throughout time I guess, Rory is definitely a better WW than Robbie.
He might be, but the only data we have is the actual mma records available to us. So far lawler is better until rory can prove it

He might be, but the only data we have is the actual mma records available to us. So far lawler is better until rory can prove it

Fair enough, I guess maybe I'm just talking overall skillset. Robbie is an awesome fighter and has been around for a long time with a lot of solid wins. Hopefully Rory will get a chance to shine over next few years

Sure he was winning rounds but Robbie had him really fucked up. He was like a punch or two from being finished, and he did end up getting finished.

Winning rounds against Robbie doesn't mean much because he always coasts and then explode on you in the fifth. Rory was done coming into that fifth round.

More to do with styles.

Rory does very well in striking and every other aspect of the game really but only at a more moderate, technical pace.

When rushed and overwhelmed (A big part of Robbie Lawler's style) he tends to get all jumbled and sloppy, fighting back as best he can under the pressure but unable to relax, adjust, and set his own pace.

Daley is no joke, very fast striker, however he tends to me more technical and goes into a fight on the same playing field as his opponents.

Difference with Robbie, he says fuck the playing field and rushes in with a relentless force that forces people to change their style, getting them out of their comfort zone. This sort of style is hit and miss though, some guys know how to use this as a weakness, others are prone to it.

Fair enough, I guess maybe I'm just talking overall skillset. Robbie is an awesome fighter and has been around for a long time with a lot of solid wins. Hopefully Rory will get a chance to shine over next few years
I dont want to be an arguementive prick but overall skillset doesnt mean the better fighter; this opinion comes up all the time. And yeah i like rory too i hope he comes back to the ufc on a huge contract and kicks ass

Back