Rory said Lima was EASILY the toughest fight of his career

So Rory says it and sherdog immediately tries to tell him he’s wrong? Who should we listen to, the guy who’s ACTUALLY been in the fights or the posters who watch from their couch? If Rory said it why would he lie? Lima is a tough SOB. Give credit where credit is due.

rorys the best 170 on planet atm i bet he ebats gspin a fight tbh i know he does although most of you guys wont believe only guy who beats rory atm is ben askren due to stylistic match up

yeahumno-art.png

He said that because Lima made him work hard in every aspect. Lawler didn't have much for Rory on the ground in there first fight and the second never got there.

Rory had to deal with a shredded leg, possibly broken nose, blood in his eye and he got mounted at one point to boot.

Robbie hit him so hard he doesn't remember that second fight, not his fault.

Lima proved himself for sure.

Lima did all the lasting Damage. He was landing really stiff jabs and brutal low kicks.

Rory was diving for the single after the 3rd round. Rory had to literally be carried out of the cage.

Hope to see a rematch

Great fight, lima is legit..
the red king is just a workmans everyday man warrior..
really happy that he is now a champion nobody deserves it more for entertaining us ..

So Rory says it and sherdog immediately tries to tell him he’s wrong? Who should we listen to, the guy who’s ACTUALLY been in the fights or the posters who watch from their couch? If Rory said it why would he lie? Lima is a tough SOB. Give credit where credit is due.
That’s how sherdog is

Rory has had some tough fights sure, but what he said about Lima wasn’t far fetched. Lima did crazy damage to the leg. So much damage, in fact, that Rory had to literally get carried out of the cage. He couldn’t walk.

Last edited:
A7FF4523-1773-400C-879E-81E65D56DB2C.jpeg ADAEFA05-0D09-4EA0-BC43-8F4E8680D1BC.jpeg

He’s right. Lima is a beast. Lima should have won but he fucked up. Rory and Lima are top 3 WWs in the world.

Rory was winning that fight tho
Doesn't matter though he was clearly more hurt, it was faster paced so he was more tired, and Robbie just kept coming. Lima practically gave up

Lawler fight seems like toughest fight, they actually went to war and Lawler broke Rory in that last round, that seems like it was tougher on him that this but maybe his leg being jacked made him think this was tougher to get through.

Well, he did fight the last 2 rounds with a fetus in his leg and likely a broken nose. Lima did that to him and might’ve made that last round harder than it looked.

Lawler fight seems like toughest fight, they actually went to war and Lawler broke Rory in that last round, that seems like it was tougher on him that this but maybe his leg being jacked made him think this was tougher to get through.

He was also in a good mood this time since he won, so he complimented his opponent

Is Normal

Lima proved to be a tough mofo - I would agree he did more damage to Rory than Rory did to him, but Rory did have good sections of control and was likely the more well rounded fighter. On the feet he was being beaten soundly and Lima was very crafty and would flow well in scrambles. Overall the amount of control time Rory could rack up was the difference, but he earned it.

It was a good fight. Really looking forward to him fighting Koreshkov

I can believe that. Yes he took more "superficial" damage in the Lawler fight, but he was still functional until the last round. Those Lima kicks were vicious. I think it should literally have been a doctor stoppage but he still won the fight. Tbh this is the kind of fight that even makes me want to see Rory retire, to save his health. Even more so than the Lawler fight. People see blood and think its bad, but its the injuries you dont see that are the worst.

Did you see the fight? He almost got his leg broken like Anderson Silva's and still pulled out the win.

What's the full quote? I don;'t think the fight was difficult for him as in it was a close fight with a fighter beating down on him like Lawler. I think he dominated a weaker fighter and just pulled through a freak injury
Not trying to be rude but did you watch the fight? He didn't dominate anything. He win 3-2, and was hardly dominating. Great fight for sure but not exactly one sided

Back