Rory MacDonald

Knowing Bellator/Coker match-making, they give him a relative nobody as a "tune-up" fight in which Rory loses.

Knowing Bellator/Coker match-making, they give him a relative nobody as a "tune-up" fight in which Rory loses.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rory is matched up with either Koshcheck or Daly for his inaugural fight. Both fighters have name recognition and pose slight challenges. Not sure this falls under the category of "tune-up fight".

Rory's done. That lawler fight ended his prime. That beating nearly killed him.

Everyone he fights is going to test his nose, and he knows it. He has some major physical and psychological hurdles to overcome if he's going to be a success in Bellator.

The UFC definitely thinks he's shot :(

I think Rory is gonna bomb in Bellator. His last 2 fights seemed to really take the fight out of him. I think he plays it super safe and the crowd hated him for it.
He went through an unpopular point fighting phase before the Maia fight, too.
But you might be right. Lawler took a lot off his life.... might be true in reverse, too.

Probably something like McDonald vs Rainey is already in the works...

Its been 7 months since Rory has fought last and 5 months since he has signed with Bellator. I know he was addressing the issue with his nose before he returns to competition. Has anyone heard any updates on the progress of his nose?
Any timetable for his return?
Who is potential first Bellator opponent will be?
Will he fight at welterweight or middleweight first?
We are all waiting for Rory

Back