Rory MacDonald

HeavyHands20

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Its been 7 months since Rory has fought last and 5 months since he has signed with Bellator. I know he was addressing the issue with his nose before he returns to competition. Has anyone heard any updates on the progress of his nose?
Any timetable for his return?
Who is potential first Bellator opponent will be?
Will he fight at welterweight or middleweight first?

Didn't they say April or something like that?

Read that he will fight Douglas Lima for the ww belt around Summer of 2017

He said he was going to wait until spring/summer 2017 before his Bellator debut. I wouldn't expect to see him until summer to be honest. Takes time for a nose to fully heal.

He says summer but could push it up a few months, maybe May.

two ways they can go, either give him title shot and go for a big fight despite him coming off two losses in UFC or they can get him a win but risk him losing.

His nose, the beating Lawler gave him, then way he looked vs Wonderboy, who knows what that took out of him. He could get a warm up fight nad lose and Bellator spent all that money on him.

So my guess is they give him the title fight and pray he wins.

I think they will give him a tune up fight in the summer, Bellator loves showcasing talent in the odd mismatch and honestly Rory could use it at this point in time.

I think they will give him a tune up fight in the summer, Bellator loves showcasing talent in the odd mismatch and honestly Rory could use it at this point in time.

If they dont do a title fight right away then would likely give him a squash match.

Cant give him a tough fight he could lose like Koreshkov. Dont even think Ward or Daley or MVP is an option.

Maybe they go with a Kos as a name or Gonzalez who is a midl level WW in Bellator that Rory should smash but that might be too much.

Could just go Rudy Bears and let Rory murder someone.

One one hand with what they will pay him they want ratings but they also want him to be a star for them for few years.

Rory is going to crush Lima, I bet it won't even be competitive.

Not so sure about that. I got Rory as well but Lima throws bombs.
Lima is always dangerous, but after seeing him have nothing for Koreshkov and Askren on the ground, Rory will probably look to dominate from there.

Lima is always dangerous, but after seeing him have nothing for Koreshkov and Askren on the ground, Rory will probably look to dominate from there.

For sure. I agree Rory can take it there and win handily. However he gets into brawls sometimes which could be dangerous against Lima.

He says late spring/early summer and I don't see how they don't give him a title shot, been Bellators m.o..

Its been 7 months since Rory has fought last and 5 months since he has signed with Bellator. I know he was addressing the issue with his nose before he returns to competition. Has anyone heard any updates on the progress of his nose?
Any timetable for his return?
Who is potential first Bellator opponent will be?
Will he fight at welterweight or middleweight first?
He said last year he was not fighting till this summer because of his nose.

Not so sure about that. I got Rory as well but Lima throws bombs.
I think Rory is gonna bomb in Bellator. His last 2 fights seemed to really take the fight out of him. I think he plays it super safe and the crowd hated him for it.

I think Rory is gonna bomb in Bellator. His last 2 fights seemed to really take the fight out of him. I think he plays it super safe and the crowd hated him for it.

Personally, I think his career will be rejuvenated. He won't be engaging in wars like he had with Lawler and Wonderboy. I believe he will take a cerebral approach to his tenure in Bellator.

If they dont do a title fight right away then would likely give him a squash match.

Cant give him a tough fight he could lose like Koreshkov. Dont even think Ward or Daley or MVP is an option.

Maybe they go with a Kos as a name or Gonzalez who is a midl level WW in Bellator that Rory should smash but that might be too much.

Could just go Rudy Bears and let Rory murder someone.

One one hand with what they will pay him they want ratings but they also want him to be a star for them for few years.
Koscheck's in Bellator now too? God, they just take all the sloppy seconds.

Actually playing it safe is how I think he will dominate Lima with ease, as Lima's TDD and scrambling ability is pretty weak. If Rory is willing to engage with Lima, then he could be in trouble.

I think Rory can dominate Koreshkov pretty much everywhere, also playing it safe. Andrey could make it competitive but clear UD for Rory would be my bet

I want to see MVP get his ass whooped by Rory before anything, so I think that should be his first fight

Back