Rory his career is a waste

Agree with other answerers - Just because Rory is with Bellator now doesn't mean he will be forever. He's still young, and while I don't know the details of his Bellator contract, I'm sure he didn't commit to Bellator for a huge length of time. Rory will likely be back in the UFC.

I think of Mousasi being a bigger waste with Bellator. Only fighting once a year, and at an age where it's likely he won't be back in the UFC. He left the UFC at such an exciting MW juncture, and riding a high as well after beating one of the top guys...but I guess you can't call it a CAREER waste as he's at the tail end of his career...just a waste.

any other fighter would have caved. dude is the bastard child of Dan Henderson.
So wait? Robbie is a dick because he wouldn't let Rory stop him?

Rory doesn't stop tough fighters. Ever.

didn't he make around $400K from a single sponsor in one fight?

Rory may come back to the UFC some day. He showed serious heart in his last fight.

He shows serious heart in all his fights. That's the problem, the guy has some serious mileage on him already.

He'll be back in the ufc in a few years when he's seasoned.

Lol seasoned? I would say the man has been salt and peppered into well done. He has taken serious damage in his career already especially from Soul taking Lawler.

nobody is talking about him anymore here, imo he is the welterweight champ.
The way he beat tyron it was art.

GSP thought that Rory was going to take the heritage, it’s sad seriously.

Styles make fight apparently...
Rory>woodley>robbie>rory
He left the UFC on a 0-2 streak, and the people who beat him were smashed by the current UFC champion. But hey, if it pleases you to hand Rory a paper belt, than who am I to shit on your fairy-tale. LOL

Lol seasoned? I would say the man has been salt and peppered into well done. He has taken serious damage in his career already especially from Soul taking Lawler.
Yeah i think that's his problem to many brawls, I think he'll work on being more techincal and using his skills to fight safely with less risk.

Has Rory made statements like this regarding his career? This sport has strange fans

I remember Rory. I remember him panicwrestling his way to a victory in Bellator.

UFC had the chance to keep him but they wouldn't pony up the money to keep him. He's making much more in bellator and good on him for it.

As long as he is making bank, who cares? "Legacy" in mma is a totally overrated concept considering a) how poorly the biggest organization features their legends, b) how fickle the fans are, c) how young the sport is, and d) how uncertain the future of the sport is with CTE becoming a bigger and bigger issue.

If Rory is making good money beating crappier opponents in Bellator so he can be happier, healthier, and take better care of his family, then his career is a success and all the power to him for going to Bellator. What "fans" say on the internet about him doesn't matter in the slightest

Rory and Mousasi have been having some words about a future fight at MW. I'd love to see that one.

giphy.gif

He barely beat Lima. Koreshkov probably beats him. His talent isn't being wasted, he's just overrated because of his gimmick.
Then you're a stupid fan, he's not the welterweight champ, that's a fact. Your opinion doesn't matter. He's not #1 by any means. Lost twice to Lawler and was dominated by WB.
Not really. Kinda boring fight, what Marquadt did was art.

Rory>woodley>robbie>rory
Congratulations captain obvious, took you a lot, huh?
I miss the Rory era
Never started. He's just a overrated weirdo.

He's on the downswing of his career. Absorbed way too much damage and hasn't looked good since Lawler brutalized him the second time.

Rory>woodley>robbie>rory
His careeer is "a waste" because he is not in the UFC??? He's making more money than he would have in the UFC so, if I am McDonald, I don't consider it a waste. Wow, the poor pathetic UFC weaklings we have become on Sherdog.

His careeer is "a waste" because he is not in the UFC??? He's making more money than he would have in the UFC so, if I am McDonald, I don't consider it a waste. Wow, the poor pathetic UFC weaklings we have become on Sherdog.
UFC brainwashed this kids, to them if you isn't in UFC = wasting your career, despite being better paid to fight the same lv of competition and getting more opportunities and sponsors..

UFC brainwashed this kids, to them if you isn't in UFC = wasting your career, despite being better paid to fight the same lv of competition and getting more opportunities and sponsors..
If I could "double like" it, I would.

Back