Rory’s nose is broke again

podsox

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
As awesome as the Rory-Robbie fight was it sucks that it has kind of derailed his career.

He better take care of that nose and not going full Rich Franklin way...

People are gonna start targetting his nose like crazy

Just retire dude, it's not worth the permanent damage.

I called the nose damage as soon as he took the fight vs Mousasi.

That jab would KO Anderson Silva, Rory's nose was no match as predicted.

Robbie broke it permanently.
giphy.webp

Not an unforeseen outcome.

Mousasi is known for jabbing the fuck out of his opponents. Rory's nose was fucked from the start.

I hope he can make the fight against Fitch.

Robbie broke it permanently.
giphy.webp
Yes he did.... Robby wrecked his nose soooooo bad. The time that took to heal was months and months. I doubt it ever stopped being tender when sparring and has been an obvious problem ever since.
I could only imagine the mental breakdown when it gets smashed again and again, you can see the fight leave his body whenever it's got again.

Robbie smashed his face and essentially ruined his career. Really sucks for Rory. The Moose fight was a fucking stupid move, though. Jon Fitch would've at least been 1 fight that takes it easy on his nose.

and this guy managed to convince the Bellator brass that he just had to be included in the tournament - not just fighting the winner.

I'm sorry, but the hubris on this guy is super irritating. You have to respect a guy wanting to compete and challenge himself, but expecting to go against Moose, then back into the tournament (albeit against a grappler like Fitch) is just ridiculous.

Should have been one or the other - challenge Moose and then fight the winner of the tournament, or just compete in the tournament brackets. Tournaments are enough of a nightmare to put on, especially in a sport like MMA - no need to over complicate it.

Remember when Rogan used to proclaim Rory the Future of MMA, The next-level new generation, more potential than GSP, the future GOAT due to his having trained all MMA disciplines from the start of his combat sports training?

He should just go without a nose for a while like Michael Jackson did.

Remember when Rogan used to proclaim Rory the Future of MMA, The next-level new generation, more potential than GSP, the future GOAT due to his having trained all MMA disciplines from the start of his combat sports training?
I don’t think joe was that wrong. Rory’s nose collapsing in a title fight where he was up on the cards going to the 5th rd. He hasn’t been the same since

So he's going to miss the ww tournament right? Or is his fight just not going to be for 6 months

...and in the end he tapped to hellbows in 2nd round.Mousasi, again, in his prime and gets better and better.On weigh ins, knew rory was f %#ked- Mousasi looked cage ready at 184.6 lbs and scary.Rory will have little problem with Fitch - like to see re-match with Lima or mvp in final(if that's possible).

I'd like to break the nose of his idiot manager who greenlighted him to fight Mousasi. He should take care of his fucking fighter.

Back