Roots Kimonos

Tentative date on the Jacare? The more I look at them the more I wonder if shoulder patches are necessary. Feel like the lines work better with the square patches below and just the round ones on the arms. Are the patches easy to remove?

Tentative date on the Jacare is late Nov/early Dec with the Carnivale
Yes the patches are easy to remove

Pics for those of us that dont have facebook?

The Jacare

564166_103672739785935_1071478092_n.jpg

The Carnivale

426694_103677003118842_534146451_n.jpg

I like the Carnivale. Are the long shoulder patches sewn under the collar? This makes it hard to remove for those of us who dislike patches (they make it a bit too busy for my tastes). Personally I'd remove everything except the low lapel patch and the embroidery of the tree on the bicep (is that embroidered?).

Another cool idea would be having the option of selling some with minimal patches, like Isami do.

The shoulder patches in the picture are sewn under the collar but the production batch will not have it sewn under the collar so it can be removed. The logo on the sleeve is embroidered.

Damn, leaving Oct 17th so will most likely miss this round.

$144.99 is my plan for the price of the Tide. Everything else will be right in that ball park as well. I WILL NOT sell a gi for more than $149.99 EVER!!! that you can count on.

That's so awesome no price increase. :p

I have designed for Jaco, Doze Brand, Roll BJJ and some other school kimonos. Designing a few co-branded kimonos right now for some bigger teams out there as well.

Roots Kimonos facebook page said that the Tide model was on sale now... but where the hell is it on sale? Their website doesn't have anything, nor does their facebook page. Anyone want to chime in and point me in the right direction (or perhaps provide a direct link) to their store?

Thanks a lot.

i just added you to friends on fb today (dave)...will you be planning on making slim cut gis? like the A1L that syr makes? those fit me like a glove. ( 5'10 163)hate baggy gis..your gis are really nice though....you have a great logo that will really draw a base. love the white and green and the orange and blue...like the mets! my favorite team.

Hey guys, yes the Tide is here and available now. We are having some issues with the shopping cart though so I removed the link until we can get it to work properly. Should be up and running by tonight, again I aplogize for the difficulties. I want to make sure when ordering is available that the process is as smooth as possible.
Thanks
Mike
and if you guys have questions you can always email me at [email protected]

Last edited:
Back