Roosmalen vs Petchpanomrung

So we are 4 days out from the fight. Is Petpanomrung still in Thailand? How does the traveling thing work? Does Glory pay for the flight? Can they pick the dates? I just dont get why a fighter or any athlete would travel to a country 1 - 3 days before an event especially when you're traveling to the other side of the world. This is a very dangerous match up for him so wouldn't his team want him to be in the best condition possible? Makes no sense to me and seems like everything is against Pet in this fight.

So we are 4 days out from the fight. Is Petpanomrung still in Thailand? How does the traveling thing work? Does Glory pay for the flight? Can they pick the dates? I just dont get why a fighter or any athlete would travel to a country 1 - 3 days before an event especially when you're traveling to the other side of the world. This is a very dangerous match up for him so wouldn't his team want him to be in the best condition possible? Makes no sense to me and seems like everything is against Pet in this fight.
He flew out of thailand this morning. Glory pays for the plane ticket and his hotel. They do not fly out earlier because glory will usually only pay for the hotel for 3 to 4 days. This is common thru out combat sports and is just the way it works. If you want to go earlier you have to pay the bill. Also i would not be surprised if most of the thai guys would like to spend as least amount of time abroad as possible if the fight is taking place anywhere cold.

Last edited:
Glory pays for the plane ticket and his hotel. They do not fly out earlier because glory will usually only pay for the hotel for 3 to 4 days. This is common thru out combat sports and is just the way it works. Also i would not be surprised if most of the thai guys would like to spend as least amount of time abroad as possible if the fight is taking place anywhere cold.

Yeah, Kaew is the only Thai fighter I know of that spends as much time as possible abroad to prepare for a fight. He is now basically training nearly full time at Weerasaklek gym in Japan.

Adapting to food and weather can be very difficult. I know that Buakaw had really hard time warming up his body due to the cold weather in Japan. You really have to spend your camp for weeks to adapt so that would not be possible unless you are an mma fighter/boxer fighting for $100k or a title.

The pay in kickboxing is just not good enough for that.

With everything against Petpanomrung I'm still going with him to win by UD. Roosmalen has a strong chance tho and I could be wrong. I wanna hear @anorak opinion on this. He's usually pretty quiet when it comes to kickboxing fights...

I still think that unless Petpanomrung wins with a clear margin, he will not get the decision. Robin has the advantage of being bigger, more experienced in the ruleset and fighting in his home country. They can just say that Robin scored with low kicks and punches (that connect mostly with the shoulders) and blocking all kicks with his arms.

With everything against Petpanomrung I'm still going with him to win by UD. Roosmalen has a strong chance tho and I could be wrong. I wanna hear @anorak opinion on this. He's usually pretty quiet when it comes to kickboxing fights...
I don't have an opinion on it, I am pretty quiet when it comes to kickboxing because I have little to no interest in it......

I still think that unless Petpanomrung wins with a clear margin, he will not get the decision. Robin has the advantage of being bigger, more experienced in the ruleset and fighting in his home country. They can just say that Robin scored with low kicks and punches (that connect mostly with the shoulders) and blocking all kicks with his arms.

getting the excuses ready. I like it.

It's all true though....Pet has a lot going against him here. Kickboxing and international muay thai results are always skewed towards the hometown fighter.

RvR via rolling tank strategy.

I always expect him to crumble from catching so many kicks to the arms, but he always comes forward and keeps fighting. Not sure if it's conditioning, talent, or nature.

getting the excuses ready. I like it.

He only pointed out the obvious. Petpanomrung will probably win at least 3 rounds clearly, but fake stats, crowd pops and biased commentary will make it appear close.

What exactly is against him that isn't against any other fighter out there? Sounds like you're prepping excuses for when he loses.

i love Pet but i dont see him winning it,as long as i want to see him as the champ...

I got RVR winning due to lack of weather acclimation by Pet.

He is super tan, from isaan out of GOAT gym Kiatmuu9 and has now also worked in the science lab Sitsongpeenong. Should be invincible?

Back