Ronda

BEAST

blackhart
@red
Reaction score
= MONEY

I know I'm on Shertard where Ronda = massive hate, but holy shit. If I see Ronda is on a card, it's a guaranteed watch from me. Her selling is Ziggler/Lesnar levels, she isn't afraid to take a bump and make it look amazing aka the anti-Bliss and she is very smooth in the ring.
I think she is proof that if you got the determination, you can transition from MMA to stunt fighting without an issue.

She's going to be one of the greatest female wrestlers of all time.... As long as she can learn to work the mic. Otherwise it's gonna be a Lesnar situation where she's gonna need a manager to talk on her behalf.

What are your guys opinions?
I know it's only been 2 matches, but I've been thoroughly impressed.

She will never learn to work the mic. It’s not in her character. Every great promo wrestler turned their character to 11 and ran with that. Austin, Piper, Flair, Rock, Hogan, Savage, Dusty and Jericho. Ronda doesn’t have any character apart from being petty and touchy.

She will never learn to work the mic. It’s not in her character. Every great promo wrestler turned their character to 11 and ran with that. Austin, Piper, Flair, Rock, Hogan, Savage, Dusty and Jericho. Ronda doesn’t have any character apart from being petty and touchy.
haha You could very well be right. That's the only thing that would hold her back, since her mic skills are at Bella cringe levels.

But man, I'm all in for her after the bell rings.

Alexa is just keeping the belt warm for Ronda. Not only should Ronda win the belt but she absolutely deserves to win it. Never thought I would say it, but give Ronda a couple months and more experience (so she doesn't accidentally fall out of the ring again), and she is going to be right up there with Charlotte as the best in the company. I think Ronda takes the belt off Alexa at SummerSlam and we build to a WrestleMania match with Charlotte. She had a great match with friggen Nia Jax of all people. I am definitely interested to see more of her and see where WWE takes this.

I'm reserving judgement until she truly goes full time. She had two matches with around 2 months between them. When she can wrestle weekly and continue putting in good showings I'm onboard. As it stands, she has advantages in both prep time and recovery over anyone else on the roster. That said, I've gone from refusing to give her time of day to keeping on eye on her progress. She's still terrible in the promo department, but that is easier to get around than being bad in the ring (and she has shown ability there).

Alexa is just keeping the belt warm for Ronda. Not only should Ronda win the belt but she absolutely deserves to win it. Never thought I would say it, but give Ronda a couple months and more experience (so she doesn't accidentally fall out of the ring again), and she is going to be right up there with Charlotte as the best in the company. I think Ronda takes the belt off Alexa at SummerSlam and we build to a WrestleMania match with Charlotte. She had a great match with friggen Nia Jax of all people. I am definitely interested to see more of her and see where WWE takes this.
hahaha I'm gonna just believe that the ring fall was intentional. She just flopped so unnaturally from it that I believe it was a work.

haha You could very well be right. That's the only thing that would hold her back, since her mic skills are at Bella cringe levels.

But man, I'm all in for her after the bell rings.

Hard to pull of a face with a manager...mostly only works with heels.

Come on man. I expect this from the troglodytes in the UFC section, but not here. She was absolutely playing a heel during most of her MMA career.

She has a lot of potential.

Come on man. I expect this from the troglodytes in the UFC section, but not here. She was absolutely playing a heel during most of her MMA career.

Making a mean face and showing a finger isn’t character. She can’t handle interviews, she can’t act and looks like a scared deer in front of a camera let alone 80000 Wrestlemaniacs.

Making a mean face and showing a finger isn’t character.
U6YwSCn.png

<Y2JSmirk>

I was skeptical but now I'm impressed. She definitely brings a believability to her style. As Bret Hart used to say. she knows what a real fight should look like. As crappy as her stand up was in UFC she throws show punches like she knows what she's doing. Plus I love suplexes and throws, so that helps

Yep, so far so good. She gets it.

My only complaint would be her award show like entrance, where she's smiling like she's about to be honored at some ceremony. Once she gets in the ring though, she's pretty damn good.

Yep, so far so good. She gets it.

My only complaint would be her award show like entrance, where she's smiling like she's about to be honored at some ceremony. Once she gets in the ring though, she's pretty damn good.
Yea man, that's why she needs that SCSA gimmick.
Come in.
Raise hell.
Leave.

Makes her more believable as a bad ass they want to portray her as.

Last edited:
Hard to pull of a face with a manager...mostly only works with heels.

The Road Warriors and Paul Ellering managed to pull off the faces with a manager thing, and were the most popular tag team in the promotion. When Bob Backlund was WWF champion for 4 years straight, he had a manager. I haven't seen Ronda in WWE yet, so tell me, is she as bad on the mic as Bob Backlund was? He was horrible on the mic.

Someone suggested giving her a SCSA type gimmick but from what I'm reading here it doesn't seem likely she'll ever be half as good as he was on the mic. A huge part of Austin's success was related to how good he was on the mic. It sounds to me like they're trying to give her a Bob Backlund type character - the humble, All-American champion athlete who doesn't need to say much. Of course, he quit because that didn't work anymore. When he came back he was acting like he was deranged and was a heel. He never played a babyface character again.

Last edited:
Making a mean face and showing a finger isn’t character. She can’t handle interviews, she can’t act and looks like a scared deer in front of a camera let alone 80000 Wrestlemaniacs.
I forgot who I was talking to.

= MONEY

I know I'm on Shertard where Ronda = massive hate, but holy shit. If I see Ronda is on a card, it's a guaranteed watch from me. Her selling is Ziggler/Lesnar levels, she isn't afraid to take a bump and make it look amazing aka the anti-Bliss and she is very smooth in the ring.
I think she is proof that if you got the determination, you can transition from MMA to stunt fighting without an issue.

She's going to be one of the greatest female wrestlers of all time.... As long as she can learn to work the mic. Otherwise it's gonna be a Lesnar situation where she's gonna need a manager to talk on her behalf.

What are your guys opinions?
I know it's only been 2 matches, but I've been thoroughly impressed.
For starters, she needs to stop walking out with that cheesy grin on her mug! She walks out as if she's a run-of-the-mill celebrity making a guest appearance.

At the end of the day, she doesn't NEED wrestling, and hasn't come up the ranks, therefore, she'll never be fully invested enough so that her appearances appear organic.

Aside from that, her matches have been enjoyable, but I can't help but watch her matches and wonder how long her run/storyline will actually last.

For starters, she needs to stop walking out with that cheesy grin on her mug! She walks out as if she's a run-of-the-mill celebrity making a guest appearance.
haha I agree completely. I think it will pass after she's more used to it.
I think it's the initial shock and joy of being out there thats making the goofy smile so organic.

I haven't seen Ronda in WWE yet, so tell me, is she as bad on the mic as Bob Backlund was? He was horrible on the mic.

She's not horrible or the best. She's average. There are only a handful of wrestlers who are great on the mic and some never get the hang of it no matter how long they've been cutting promos. Ronda will improve, she's already improving.

Back