Ronda was getting lit up and couldn't take Sara down.

Yeah and then she kneed the fuck out of her.

so yeah she was going to lose until she finished the fight a minute and six seconds in with a knee to the body. excellent thread.

And regarding the stoppage: I wanted to see the fight keep going, sucks that it ended so fast.... BUT..... mcmann shouldn't have turtled up and took strikes to the side of the head, it's basically the internationally recognized signal for ref stoppage. Honestly anyone who even casually watches fights (let alone a professional fighter) knows that if you turtle up rather than go for a leg or pull guard or basically DO ANYTHING VAGUELY PRODUCTIVE OR EVEN INDICATE THAT YOU ARE NOT IN ZOMBIE MODE, then you will probably end up with a loss by ref stoppage.

Did you even watch the fight or were your eyes glued to Ronda's ass?

When was the last time you saw a female irl?

Just tonight actually. And she sat with me in amazement as Ronda pummeled out Sarah and brutalized her before finishing her with a brutal knee to the liver.

She also saw Sarah accept the loss, and call the stoppage fair.

Both :wink:

McMann tagged Ronda with a few hard punches, but Rousey didn't flinch or have any trouble. She backed Sara into the cage, hit a knee, nailed some elbows/punches of her own, then caught her with the knee that dropped her and nailed 2-3 follow-up punches. Sara didn't start to really get up until after Ronda stopped hitting her because of the ref stoppage. It was just a tad premature, but get over it. It wasn't a terrible stoppage like you're claiming, and there's nothing to suggest Sara was going to suddenly finish her after she had her back against the cage and was eating punches. Who's to say that Ronda doesn't jump on Sara's back as she's trying to stand and choke her out? I can write fiction too. :rolleyes:

RR nuthuggery at its finest. RR was getting lit up on the feet per usual so she clinched. If women had power RR would have been KO in her last two fights

You're an idiot, Rousey strikes look more harder than Sara you idiot. So you're saying that Sara would have gotten knocked out. Rousey hands were way more powerful. You make no sense now, huh.

Both landed shots on each other and I will give credit to Sara for defending the one Judo attempt. However, it was too early in the fight to determine which way it was leaning.

Except Ronda was getting the better of the clinch

RR nuthuggery at its finest. RR was getting lit up on the feet per usual so she clinched. If women had power RR would have been KO in her last two fights

And if Ronda had a shotgun the fight wouldn't have lasted 2 secs. If women had power? If Ronda punched you, you would be crying like a little girl. Your a moron.

Ronda was nailing her hard, quit acting like Sarah was 5 seconds from TKO.

If the fight wouldn't have been stopped, Ronda would have continued to pummel her and work her over until getting her down.

Agreed

Blame it on McMaan for grappling against the cage. For the life of me, I cannot understand why fighters stay on the cage and not push off when they're winning the striking war. At least I thought Sarah was doing great with her striking until she got into the Tate mode of thinking she should show how brave she is by wrestling with Rouse.

My eye's were glued to Ronda's ass........anyway, I thought McMann was winning the striking which is why Rousey clinched. Once in the clinch is was a different fight. The knee's were vicious and Rousey was out working McMann. Rousey's aggression got her the victory. She was relentless.

That said, I was severely disappointed because Sara had the edge in the stand up and Ronda was not taking her down......so she had the skill set to win.

However it was Ronda who won because of the intangibles. Aggression, attitude and the mentality of a champion. She(Rousey) wanted it more IMO.

*Complains that Ronda only does judo throws and armbars*

*Watches Ronda work a very effective clinch/dirty boxing game*

*Complains that Ronda won't just stand still and throw haymakers*

Too bad Uncle Dana will never let this happen.

It would seem pretty irrelevant wouldn't it. I don't know about you guys but getting knocked out in a little over a minute is a definitive result. Those good punches are fun facts now. Calm down and realize you haters are hyping the UFC better than Dana ever could.

Here's my guess of another fun fact: the people who are pouty over this hate Bones Jones. Am I right, or what?

She couldn't take Sara down but she was controlling clinch and picked her shots there. It would probably stay there for the rest of the round and Ronda landing...and I'm a Ronda hater but she was getting better of Sara. It was way too early for Sara

Back