Ronda Rousey is the Mike Tyson of MMA

Ive read a lot of replies, more than I should have, and a bunch of people disagree with me but none of them have given a accurate alternate MMA champ who comes close to the dominant performances, ferociousness, and successive 1st round finishes that I have given when comparing Ronda and Tyson.

I wonder why that is...

I'll tell you why. It's because there is no Tyson in MMA. Mike Tyson is one of a kind, there's noone like him.

Ive read a lot of replies, more than I should have, and a bunch of people disagree with me but none of them have given a accurate alternate MMA champ who comes close to the dominant performances, ferociousness, and successive 1st round finishes that I have given when comparing Ronda and Tyson.

I wonder why that is...

You're so awestruck/enchanted with Rousey no one will be able to make an argument to dissuade you.

Mike Tyson was/is a universally known fighter/celebrity. He usually won the fight before it started in a sport that has a vastly longer history than MMA

I guess Fedor could be the MMA equivalent, especially since he fought many larger opponents.

Silva? The dude seemed to just toy with opponents at times and fought some larger guys.

Male sports have much deeper talent pools as well. (I'm sure this makes me sexist.)

I enjoy watching Ronda slaughter opponents.

But some of her fans......

I'm not discrediting her medal, I know the amount of work and talent required to reach that level is huge.

But I'm training next to olympic medalists and you can meet one in most of the big gyms, at least in Europe and ex-Soviets.

Steping in a boxing gym and finding a Tyson, a guy that won the WBC title at 20 y.o. is just another thing.

He's is a freak of nature and a born fighter. You won't find another guy like Tyson until they make one in a lab. Or at least a super PED that is undetectable. And yeah that's a slight exaggeration but we would be lucky to see anoter fighter like that that is so destructive in the ring in our lifetime. But I can see how people could compare Ronda to him based off the dominate nature of her performances and the quick finishes and is somewhat comparable, but like I said, we would be lucky to witness something like Tyson in any combat sport. Not the greatest ever but dammit if Tyson was fighting people watched. He was possibly the most terrifying athlete ever

After watching Bellator tonight...

MELVIN MANHOLEF IS THE MIKE TYSON OF MMA.

Only fighter to come close to Mike Tyson is Fedor Emelianenko

Fedor is generally considered the best fighter in MMA history. Tyson is usually ranked around 50th-40th best boxer ever

Eh it's not that great of a comparison.

But if you wanted to argue Rousey is the face of MMA right now, especially WMMA, I would agree with you.

I would put her at the Peyton Manning or maybe even the Tim Duncan level.

There is no way she transcends her sport and enters the cultural conscience like Tyson and Jordan and those other once in a generation type stars. She is John Cena to Hulk Hogan. The fans of the sport might know her, and a few others that may casually, very casually have an idea about the sport. But normal people really have no idea who she is or care one bit.

In terms of dominance, waaaaay too many people are 10-0 in combat sports, just the record is useless.

Brock Lesnar was closer in terms of notoriety and success. But I think Lesnar won't get that respect same as Rousey because the divisions were just too weak when they rose. And arguably with Lesnar there was the lurking shadow of Fedor. Rousey does have Cyborg lurking, but fans seem to care less about really seeing that fight. I would like to see it though.

No one in MMA is close to that level

Wrong, actually the first time he took an an "easy fight," instead of the #1 contender or title holder he lost.

Take an educated look at Tyson's defenses when he was first champ, all those guys were #1 contenders, gold medal olympians, all time greats, or other belt holders, no cans. Douglas wasn't a can, but he was the first time Tyson took a "keep busy" fight as he was waiting for the Holyfield matchup.

The only all time great Tyson beat was Holmes and he was well past his prime. Tyson's record is pretty pathetic when compaired to the real all time great boxers. He had all the skill and potential in the world, but he never proved it against great boxers like Ali or SRR did

I don't believe that there is an MMA fighter who is analogous to Tyson. And why does there have to be?

In some things like say, criminal convictions no doubt. But Tyson was waaaaaaaaaaaay overrated. He was never the best in his weight class and Ronda is.

Lol, comparing the HW boxing division to the women's BW UFC division is laughable. That is like saying I am better than Tyson because I was the best wrestler at 189 in my high school.

One difference is most didnt want to fight Tyson and were afraid of him. EVERYONE wants to fight Ronda.

I don't think is, nor will be, be a 'Tyson-esque' fighter in the organization.

Can parallels be drawn between Ronda and him? Sure, naturally, but I don't see anyone having that same aura that Iron Mike had being carried over to MMA.

One difference is most didnt want to fight Tyson and were afraid of him. EVERYONE wants to fight Ronda.

Yea that's what they say until they get in the cage and then wilt under the pressure like McMann and Davis did. These girls are just looking for a pay day and recognition because they know Ronda is going to sell tickets.

Tyson brought the fear and so does Ronda. And Ronda hasn't even hit her prime yet and is still improving.

Dont Ever Disrespect TYson Like That TS ... That little weak woman is nothing compared to Iron Mike Tyson all of ronda's opponents have been weak cans .. all someone needs is some power to KO her, miesha tates last fight with ronda showed she can be punched in the face

Dont Ever Disrespect TYson Like That TS ... That little weak woman is nothing compared to Iron Mike Tyson all of ronda's opponents have been weak cans .. all someone needs is some power to KO her, miesha tates last fight with ronda showed she can be punched in the face

Cyborg is the can crusher.

All of R3's opponents have included former champions, Olympic medalists, and winning records.