Ronda Rousey is a boxing manager now

Rousey-ring.png

I doubt she's in the trenches of athlete management, she probably is just one of the key investors.

I doubt she's in the trenches of athlete management, she probably is just one of the key investors.
you are right, She is just using her name, and no she aint in the trenches, she isnt a out and about boxing manager she is just in cahoots with Oscar de la hoya, she knows him and that is the promoter she will be supplying boxers too, she isnt doing heavy work talking with other promoters to do business deals at all

the thing is her managerial company will get 10 to 15 percent of all fighters checks and endorsements so if she signs more fighters she will get a good chunk of change while doing nothing, just having others do the work for her.

She is really good friends with Oscar De La Hoya, so she just signing fighters to his stable, she isnt really an active manager who deals with other boxing promoters she is just signing fighters and sending them over to Oscar, and she will get a 15 percent cut of their check.

she's a manager not a trainer

I'm aware, I am able to read, but you would trust a manger who can't box to pick fighters for you to face? I wouldn't.

many big time managers aren't boxers

But they have usually spent their life around boxing or watching it. Rousey hasn't. They usually spent their young life in boxing gyms with their fathers or brothers learning everything their was about the boxing world.
Rousey is from MMA, I'd expect her to be an MMA manger sure.

Look like she’s managing one of Edmunds Armenian boxer friends

Here's to Ronda managing her way to some more ass whoopin's!

yup she only really supports golden boy, her and Oscar have a business deal, its a good deal if you think about it she has staff who do all the hard work she doesnt even show up just tweets or instagrams and is key part of the managerial firm, and collects a check doing minimal work

she wasnt even there at his official signing every serious manager attends those they iron out contracts and read thru them.

Miesha is a serious manager, she actually goes through contracts and scouts female and male fighters from boxing and mma.

She cannot even manage her left and right hand coordination.

I don't think it's the same as a Football Manager where they are basically the head coach as well.

She is really good friends with Oscar De La Hoya, so she just signing fighters to his stable, she isnt really an active manager who deals with other boxing promoters she is just signing fighters and sending them over to Oscar, and she will get a 15 percent cut of their check.
Why would fighters sign on Rousey's company for a -15% paycut instead of dealing straight with DLH?

Why would fighters sign on Rousey's company for a -15% paycut instead of dealing straight with DLH?
ever heard of the Muhammad ali act? thats why

A manager cannot act as a promoter and a promoter cannot act as a manager

its why they have to deal with a manager and promoter in boxing, or the boxer could just manage himself

Mayweathers adviser/ manager is Al Haymon

Back