Ronda Rousey: I thought God hates me after UFC loss to Amanda Nunes

Religious people.... So many Christians, Jews and Muslims think they're special and god has a special plan for them. Well guess what, if all religious MMA-fighters would win a belt, let alone defend it a few times we would have a few million UFC belts. You're not 'chosen', get over yourself @religious people.

Not bad.

Most Christians I know thank God when they succeed and blame themselves when they fail.

Ronda blames God for her failure. Truly a once ever.

Rondagif_zpse2rbneoj.gif

She's impersonating these guys, right? Haha

msui2ve.gif

How could god hate you when he blessed you with such Elite striking??

lmao its got nothin to do with god bitch its got to do with ur shitty coach and lack of understanding of striking in any form literally just walked around with her hands up that whole fight wtf u think would happen

Maybe there is a god

Your view of god is in the abrahamic god like creature who lives in the clouds.

That’s just one view point of what a god could be.

There very well could be a 'god'. However, I firmly and strongly believe that this so-called 'god' is not and does not operate how the media portrays 'it' to be.

From a scientific standpoint, the universe itself could be viewed as the 'god'. In a sense, the universe is the creator of everything that is contained in it, which is identical to what the religious eye bestows of the precious 'man in the sky'. The good and the bad that happens, whether or not you win the lottery, or you win your next MMA fight, it can all be explained by the simple laws of probability. Diseases, illnesses, cancer, etc, it is all simply a byproduct of life.

The idea of 'god', in my belief, was first created due to the fear of death, and the unknown which awaits on the other side. Every religion in the world has some sort of 'after life'/re-incarnation process. I simply belief no such thing exists. We are no different from a monkey, no different from a fish, no different from an insect.. when our heart stops beating, our fates are all the same.

We humans do not pose any special purpose. There is no such thing as 'love' - it is merely just a product of evolution.

Pass on your genes and call it a day. That's all we are here for - everything else is just icing on the cake.

Last edited:
There is no such thing as the gods and you simply ran into somebody who was a better competitor.

Chael Sonnen: Ronda Rousey is my best buddy and im a big fan; but she is not a fighter. The definition of fighter changed in my lifetime. A fighter isn't someone who dominates in easy times.
Agree 100% ronda was an athlete. But never a true fighter imo. The way she acted to her losses was beyond pathetic and outside mma forum. She got off so easy.

Literally everything Ronda Rousey says rubs me the wrong way. This one might be take the cake. If there is a god, wmma isn't on his radar. Get over yourself.

jesus christ if I didn't know Kurt Angle was the man I would be like what is that awful looking human being shaped object next to Ronda

She isn't a wordsmith by any means. I get what she is saying. Perhaps Ronda should've said I felt like god was punishing me to teach me a lesson.
I'll bet most people would wish to get punished like Ronda who got to be a famous dominant champion who carted home alot of money and doesn't have to work a day in her life any more.

People who get punished by God are like Job who lost everything and still got a skin disease.

Literally everything Ronda Rousey says rubs me the wrong way. This one might be take the cake. If there is a god, wmma isn't on his radar. Get over yourself.
What if WMMA is the ONLY thing on his radar? Why pretend you have any knowledge of the hypothetical existence of a divine being

What if WMMA is the ONLY thing on his radar? Why pretend you have any knowledge of the hypothetical existence of a divine being

Only thing I know is that there is no divine being...but I don't pass up a chance to clown Ronda Rousey. She's hard to take.

{<huh}

It was her only choice for employment. Hollywood dropped her like a Holm high kick.

<Dany07>
Compared to the females in the WWE Ronda is a 4.

<LordRoose>
Have you seen her mic skills? Her "acting" ability? She's got arguably less ability than anyone in the WWE.

<Jaime01>
Ronda "Purple Pillow" Rousey is a name, but not one to be proud of.

Compared to what? Hulk Hogan?

Fame?
<Varys01>
Yeah like her "fame" in the WWE is any comparison to what she's lost. And money? You think she'll make more in the WWE than she did in the UFC? What about the sponsors (that dropped her)? Hollywood pay? Please. The WWE doesn't need to pay her much, because she's not worth much to them (and she has very few options). In a year Rousey will be lucky to make a fraction of what she made for the Holm fight.
<NightKingBringIt>
are you the biggest hater on sherdog???
IMO she was a real fighter who fought everyone in her weightclass. Her gameplan and fight IQ were also above average, untill her last 2 fights. I enjoyed all her fights, none of her fights were boring and none went to a decission!!!
One of the few fighters/champs that never was in a boring fight...

Yall put some respect on a fighters name :)

Still crazy how bad she got decimated by Nunes, that lose really exposed her for good. Hopefully she can harness all that emotional energy and keep making positive improvements in her life.

The thing that I will admit that surprises me as a longtime RRR fan and apologist is how she got so far with having this negative an attitude towards losing.

I mean, first she was an Olympian. Didn't she take some beatings in her training on the way up to that level of competition? How do you become a world champion without at SOME point - if not in your professional career than at least your amateur career - learning how to address setbacks and defeat?

How do you even get good at anything that way? You have to test yourself against people you know are better than you. I know I've never got good at anything without first getting my ass kicked many times.

Back