Ronda Rousey breaks silence: 'I did a whole lot of crying' after UFC defeats

Yep... I was feeling a little sympathy for her up until that line.

giphy.gif

“My parents expected me to be special, so I expected to be special,” Rousey said. “I was just trying to create the job I wanted, and I wouldn’t have the audacity to do that if my mom didn’t tell me I could.
“But one thing my mother never taught me was how to lose. She never wanted me to entertain it as a possibility.

This is the epitome of Millennial upbringing. Disgusting and inhumane.

[SIZE=5 said:
"(Famous people) keep more and more of it to themselves. Why should I talk? I believe hearing me speak is a privilege and it’s a privilege that’s been abused, so why not revoke it from everyone? I don’t believe public criticism beating you down is the right thing to do."

The hate you get is equal to the hate you give.

The Beatles said that.

She isnt a fighter anymore so no fighter bashing if I call her a giant cuntcanoe.

“My parents expected me to be special, so I expected to be special,” Rousey said. “I was just trying to create the job I wanted, and I wouldn’t have the audacity to do that if my mom didn’t tell me I could.

“But one thing my mother never taught me was how to lose. She never wanted me to entertain it as a possibility. She’d say: ‘Let it suck. It deserves to suck.’”

Stop blaming your parents for being an entitled cunt.

Rousey broke down in tears Wednesday night as she spoke out for the first time about the painful aftermath of the two stunning defeats that prompted the end of her Ultimate Fighting Championship career.

Rousey has remained silent on the shocking upset to Holly Holm in 2015 that broke her unbeaten record in mixed martial arts, and the crushing beatdown she suffered against Amanda Nunes a year later.

However, during a public question and answer session hosted by Hollywood director Peter Berg at the Wild Card West boxing gym, Rousey revealed just how deeply the loss of her reputation as the biggest star in the UFC had hurt.

“I did a whole lot of crying, isolating myself, (husband Travis Browne) held me and let me cry and it lasted two years,” Rousey said. “I couldn’t have done it alone. There’s a lot of things you have to remember. Every missed opportunity is a blessing in disguise.

“I had to learn from experience. From the worst things, the best things have come as a result. Time is a great teacher. It’s that belief that time passes, even bad times.”

If not for those two losses, Rousey may not have signed her current deal with World Wrestling Entertainment. She recently made a star turn at Wrestlemania and has no plans to return to the octagon. With 999 days having passed since she last won a fight that wasn’t scripted, there is no guarantee she would be competitive even if she did.

There was widespread criticism of Rousey who, after seeking global media attention on her rise to prominence, shut herself away as soon as she was no longer bantamweight champion, prompting accusations of being a sore loser.

On Wednesday, she accepted that was indeed the case.

“But one thing my mother never taught me was how to lose. She never wanted me to entertain it as a possibility. She’d say: ‘Let it suck. It deserves to suck.’”

The tears flowed as Rousey spoke, with Berg - who directed her in the upcoming action movie Mile 22 - asking the questions in front of an audience of a couple of hundred fight fans. It is clear that the pain of surrendering her crown as the queen of mixed martial arts still affects her deeply and in that sense, her new arena of the WWE, with its pre-planned fights and story lines, is a perfect fit.

Even now, she is fiercely protected by a media manager, who rails at journalists who ask anything but the very tamest of questions.

"We live in an age of trial by Twitter," Rousey added. "What is really gained by stating opinion on anything? It whittles people down. It gets cut and pasted 10 times and it’s in (a) headline.

"(Famous people) keep more and more of it to themselves. Why should I talk? I believe hearing me speak is a privilege and it’s a privilege that’s been abused, so why not revoke it from everyone? I don’t believe public criticism beating you down is the right thing to do."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-cried-two-years-after-ufc-defeats/552846002/

Her mom did her a great disservice by not teaching her that everyone loses in sports...sooner or later, everyone loses...many many great fighters have lost...they don't hide, they don't contemplate suicide...they tough it out and go again. You think fedor likes to lose? or anderson silver. or gsp. or cormier...they all lost...Ali lost...foreman lost...they accept it and move on...something rousey was never taught...she did lose in the olympics, so she should be used to losing...

If she could have a shred of humility and give props to Nunes/Holm then I'd be cool with that, but still she can't do it. All about her, can't admit the game passed her up.

That dude's fucked if Edmond is coaching him against GGG. He was fucked either way, lol.

I think GGG will carry him and eat shots to make it entertaining for a few rounds. The whole Canelo situation killed all the momentum GGG gained over his reign of terror and KO streak. I miss not having him fight 3 times a year.

Cried for 2 years in isolation? lol

Considering how much shit she talked to other fighters about losing that is hilarious

this all day. Such a shitty human when she was ontop, never once looked how the people she beat took their loses. She got deserved poetic justice, and in the end she still has an awesome career in fake fighting. Full circle. maybe now she wont be such a shitty human

She was a poor winner...and a much much worse loser...she was an arrogant bitch when winning and a crying, suicidal mess when losing...not a mentally healthy person. her mom really messed her up...it might have made her a focused and determined, but she lacks many things that go with it. and it's a huge set up for a big fall.

This is the epitome of Millennial upbringing. Disgusting and inhumane.

post 68 parents' children, spoiled and grown up to be "chief", "head"... and when reality hits they run away with the ball.

this all day. Such a shitty human when she was ontop, never once looked how the people she beat took their loses. She got deserved poetic justice, and in the end she still has an awesome career in fake fighting. Full circle. maybe now she wont be such a shitty human

Well in her defense, her opponent had been saying "don't cry" a lot to Ronda leading up to the fight along with some comment about her father's suicide I believe.

Not surprised she cried a lot after her UFC losses tho. That woman looked like she was about to start crying in whatever situation or mood she was in

Over 2 years too late. You don't need your mom to teach how to lose, you're an adult.

"Why should I talk? I believe hearing me speak is a privilege and it’s a privilege that’s been abused, so why not revoke it from everyone?" - Because you supposedly aren't a DNB.

Never really liked her but to be honest she isn’t wrong or the worst in this universe...good luck to her and that’s pretty much what any decent mma fan should say at this point.

Back