**Ronda Rousey beats Serena Williams to be crowned Best Female Athlete Ever**

She wins at being one of the most overrated athletes of all time.

R3 = Winning

You Winning @ being a sad sac of bitter seed

I wonder if they wanna do a revote and give it to the womens Tennis GOAT based on longevity and not just some flash in the pan fighter who was beating librarians and cashiers.

I'm happy for mma, but anyone with any sense knows that it is bullshit.

It's an embarrassing discussion...Serena had legit competition. Ronda has TERRIBLE competition.

Oh yea? All these "fake" tennis fans on here couldn't name 10 current women's tennis players outside of the Serena sisters and Sharapova to save their lives and now their experts on women's tennis? Quick...start googling!

giphy.gif

Ronda's competition is terrible? Did you learn that on Sherdog too?

Zingano, Meisha, McMann, Davis, Kaufman and Holm have combined records of 77-18, including an Olympic Medalist and 19x boxing champ. If you take Ronda out of the division it's ultra competitive with Nunes thrown in as well.

Ronda has beaten everyone thrown in front of her just like everyone else and her competition has been far better than Cyborg's:

Overall records at the time they fought:

- Total win/loss(win percentage) for Cyborg's opponents: 124-44(.738)

- Total win/loss(win percentage) for Jon Jones' first 12 opponents: 77-22(.778)

- Total win/loss(win percentage) for Rousey's 12 opponents: 102-17(.857)

You want to bring up Bethe? Great, I'll bring up Fedor beating a 2-4 former folk wrestler who's signature win was against a 40+ year old retired baseball player with no MMA experience in Jose Canseco. I was REALLY sweating bullets wondering how GSP was going to get by Dan Hardy...Or Tito Ortiz defending the LHW title against worldbeaters like Yuki Kondo and Elvis Sinosoc, and a washed up Shamrock and 40 year old Vladmir....

Did you just start watching MMA? Tell me where the competition has been for Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, GSP and Aldo who went undefeated and unchallenged for YEARS? Just like Ronda they were always 2 levels above their competition and destroyed their divisions.

- Anderson went 4 years straight without a serious challenge
- GSP went 6 years without a challenging fight
- Jon Jones had 1 challenging fight in 5 years
- Aldo has been undefeated for nearly 9 years and has sonned pretty much everyone

We get it. You don't like Ronda. Go watch more tennis.

I'd be interested in this as well. Wouldn't be surprised if she held the record.

Looked around and found this on MMAfighting.com
The previous record for a women's fight was 125,000 for a June 8, 2001, boxing match with Laila Ali beating Jacqui Frazier-Lyde, billed as Ali vs. Frazier IV, held in Verona, N.Y., a gimmick encounter built on the father's of the two women having one of the great sports rivalries in history.

I wonder if they wanna do a revote and give it to the womens Tennis GOAT based on longevity and not just some flash in the pan fighter who was beating librarians and cashiers.

All good man, 20 years from now Serena will be well remembered as a legend, Ronda not so much.

I can't wait til all of this is over

I remember when Chuck was the baddest dude that ever walked the face of the earth. That was at least fun. This is like some Tumblr Nightmare Simulation Theory

That is sheer and utter nonsense. You want to compare Ronda's title reign to Serena Williams 13 years of dominance?

The only female athlete that should be mentioned in the same sentence as Serena Williams is Martina Navratilova.

Good point

Serena performed hours and hours and hours of tennis.

Rhonda performed 2 minutes in 2 years?

What's funny is that you seem to think 900k is supposed to be some huge number.

Mayweather: 4.4M PPVs. I think we'll go with 4.4M > 900K. Lol @ Rousey's book - did you buy it? Seriously curious and wouldn't be surprised if you did buy a few copies.

Movies? She's had less screen time/dialouge than she's had fight time in the octagon over the last 2 years. If that's your definition of "starring" then we have a perfect example of the UFC's new "set the bar low" strategy at work.

Thanks for agreeing with me on this. UFC isn't a sport (as most experts will attest to) and Rousey isn't an athlete in any sense of the word.

Yeah boxing is far more established than MMA. Ronda beats crappy competition, but she's an amazing draw.

Serena with 3 months of mma training would beat her ass.

Fucking lolz inb4 the onslaught on angry posters. RR does it again.

I haven't been checking in on this poll lately, cuz I don't care. But last time I checked, Ronda was getting bested in the quarterfinals or something, against some russian basketball player.

What has happened?

Polls like these always end up being popularity contests, it shows just how much mainstream popularity Rousey has. People who are getting butthurt and debating athletic merits are missing the point entirely.

Ronda's not even best female athlete for any given year.

Scrubs like that accountant she fought? C'mon lol

Serena - 36 grand slams, 4 gold medals, $75 million career earnings not counting sponsors

Ronda - 4th place in judo, 12-1 in MMA.

That's a poor decision. Tennis is a much greater sport than MMA. Serena is a better female athlete than Ronda.

Ronda is however the greatest of all time in all of MMA, including MMMA

To be fair what put Ronda over the top was her destruction of a 30 something accountant with 3 years training. That's something Serena has never accomplished.

Only 13000 votes, so about 500 more people voted Ronda

Polls like these always end up being popularity contests, it shows just how much mainstream popularity Rousey has. People who are getting butthurt and debating athletic merits are missing the point entirely.

Exactly! It's a measure of popularity. But many people are simply arguing that because RR has faced much worse competitors/talent pool that Serena's career is more impressive. It's a pretty valid argument

Serena - 36 grand slams, 4 gold medals, $75 million career earnings not counting sponsors

Ronda - 4th place in judo, 12-1 in MMA.

Yeah and that 4th is in one of the many divisions of women judo. She was never even close to be P4P best judoka. Serena is the absolute GOAT at her sport.

Serena Williams would fuck Ronda up and I'm not kidding. She's a genetic freak.

Well, she is... who cares about tennis anyway? MMA fans seem to discredit their own sport far more than any other sport fans.

MMA athlete > Tennis Athlete and Rousey is at the top of WMMA without competition. Not because the field is weak but because she's that much more dominant.

I haven't been checking in on this poll lately, cuz I don't care. But last time I checked, Ronda was getting bested in the quarterfinals or something, against some russian basketball player.

What has happened?

Looks like Ronda beat her 55% to 45%.

Serena is a legitimate beast among legitimate competition. Shes been dominating for a legitimate amount of time as well.

Her and Ronda shouldn't even be talked about in the same sentence.

Pretty much. Ronda fighting "elite" fighters like Bethe...

Is this real life?

This is a scary reminder of the power of marketing.

Ronda is however the greatest of all time in all of MMA, including MMMA

You,....my friend,...in hindsight, would probably wish you never said that lol.

After all that's happened in the past 24 hours do you still stand by your statement lol?

Oh yea? All these "fake" tennis fans on here couldn't name 10 current women's tennis players outside of the Serena sisters and Sharapova to save their lives and now their experts on women's tennis? Quick...start googling!

giphy.gif

Zingano, Meisha, McMann, Davis, Kaufman and Holm have combined records of 77-18, including an Olympic Medalist and 19x boxing champ. If you take Ronda out of the division it's ultra competitive with Nunes thrown in as well.

Ronda has beaten everyone thrown in front of her just like everyone else and her competition has been far better than Cyborg's:

You want to bring up Bethe? Great, I'll bring up Fedor beating a 2-4 former folk wrestler who's signature win was against a 40+ year old retired baseball player with no MMA experience in Jose Canseco. I was REALLY sweating bullets wondering how GSP was going to get by Dan Hardy...Or Tito Ortiz defending the LHW title against worldbeaters like Yuki Kondo and Elvis Sinosoc, and a washed up Shamrock and 40 year old Vladmir....

Did you just start watching MMA? Tell me where the competition has been for Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, GSP and Aldo who went undefeated and unchallenged for YEARS? Just like Ronda they were always 2 levels above their competition and destroyed their divisions.

- Aldo has been undefeated for nearly 9 years and has sonned pretty much everyone

PREACH IT!

I especially admire the example of Fedor vs Jose Canseco; the fellow who helped the Indians obtain a home run when a baseball bounced off his head instead of catching it with his mitt. Oh, and Jose blew his own finger off while cleaning his gun earlier this year.

R3 Loves Proving People Wrong.

Pretty much. Ronda fighting "elite" fighters like Bethe...

Fedor fighting "elite" fighters like 2-4 former folk wrestlers who's signature win was against a 40+ year old retired baseball player turned reality star

Doesn't make Fedor any less GOAT and doesn't make Ronda any less GOAT.

Right, Librarians and Cashiers with years of MMA experience.

MMA Debut:

Sarah Kaufman - June 3, 2006
Alexis Davis - April 7, 2007
Ediane Gomes - Aug 16, 2007
Cat Zingano - Oct 26, 2007
Miesha Tate - Nov 24, 2007

Is this just a popularity contest? Because Serena has accomplished a lot more.

This was always a total farce. There are women in tennis you've probably never heard of that have had longer win streaks than Rousey in the last couple of years, not to mention Serena Williams.

Best female athlete yet she is scared to face Cyborg. I wish they'd fight already so Cyborg can end this sham.

Fedor fighting "elite" fighters like 2-4 former folk wrestlers who's signature win was against a 40+ year old retired baseball player turned reality star

Doesn't make Fedor any less GOAT and doesn't make Ronda any less GOAT.

Who did Fedor fight that started training anything (be it wrestling or striking or whatever) at age fucking 28 lol

And when did I call Fedor goat?

Serena with 3 months of mma training would beat her ass.
That's a little far-stretched. But I truly believe that Serena with 6 months of full mma training would beat 90% of the female mma fighters. Simply by being such a superior athlete and professional.

I was going to post the same thing.

Shit is ridiculous. MMA is my favorite sport and I know/follow it much more than any sport I like, but god damn some of you guys are crazy

It's the nature of the beast

That's a little far-stretched. But I truly believe that Serena with 6 months of full mma training would beat 90% of the female mma fighters. Simply by being such a superior athlete and professional.

How much does Serena weight? Could she make 135, doubt that. But then again muscle man Ronda has been lately.

Can't wait until RR's next ppv does more buys than Mayweather's last fight. Will be the final tipping point for the haters.

It's quite possible that this board is more rustled than the biggest tennis message board, whatever that is lol

Right, Librarians and Cashiers with years of MMA experience.

MMA Debut:

Sarah Kaufman - June 3, 2006
Alexis Davis - April 7, 2007
Ediane Gomes - Aug 16, 2007
Cat Zingano - Oct 26, 2007
Miesha Tate - Nov 24, 2007

Vs:

Tennis women with life experience in their sport

Current #1
082813-fashion-beauty-sports-tennis-serena-williams-hottest-looks-kid-childhood-young.jpg

Current #2
BpbOBUmCEAEa3zr.jpg

Current #3
Garbiñe Muguruza began playing tennis at the age of 3, and after moving to Spain with her family in 1999,Muguruza trained at the Bruguera Tennis Academy near Barcelona [From Wiki]

Current #4
(Sharapova)
d771c7dc8d52d1f8751990d26944e74c.jpg

Current #6
[YT]JMtLFBi594E[/YT]

and so on..

It has begun!?!

Lol just wait for the buthurt.

giphy.gif

Horrible post, framed with ironic gif (lolz!) and CAPITAL and bold letters to really drive home the point! Oh, and numberz! Yeah!

1. You don't have to be an expert on womens' tennis to know that it has been established for much longer than WMMA and that the level of competition is much, much higher as a result. First sentence is nothing more than ruffling feathers.

2. Regardless of their records, the skill level in WMMA is worse, period. You don't have to be a fighter yourself or even an "expert" to point that out. When you consider Ronda's dominance you have to consider the extremely low skill level of her opponents, regardless of their accomplishments (which were only amassed in the context of lowly skilled competition in the first place). Another point - records don't necessarily always indicate skill level. In fact, in a field of relatively lower overall skill-level, it'd be easier to amass a better record simply by being a little more skilled yourself.

3. Simply bringing up that some great fighters had occasionally bad competition doesn't do anything to diminish the overall point that Ronda's competition has been universally far less skilled.

It was a joke before Ronda got KTFO and it's even more of joke now. Also didn't they also name her fighter of the year? Hahahaha

Back