Romero vs Whitaker 2: One of the greatest performance ever

Romero destroyed Whittaker, everyone knows it.

Great read! I like to read all points of view whether I agree with them or otherwise. It certainly was a landmark fight in the history of the MW Division not withstanding any nuances which exist in fan opinion regarding the outcome.

Whitaker is crying again about Romero not making weight by whooping 0.2 pounds, which would have been allowed in other jurisdictions. Personally, I think Romero was fucked over a lot more by having to cut more weight, then was stopped suspiciously in the middle of it by non-medical staff, with his cardio so shot to hell.

I believe this is one of the greatest performance of all time, because never in the history of MMA, who was so drained from a failed cut, literally decide to ride out the first couple rounds, literally doing not much of anything, then almost coming back to argubly beat the champ, and if you go by the majority opinions, or the damage incurred, or coming close to stopping the opponent, or if the opponent wasn't allowed to take advantage of the back of the head rule by hugging to the leg of the opponent for dear life literally giving no other space to hit, Romero would have been the champ.

For me, that is something that you only see in movies or animes, and even in boxing movies or animes, they won't do something like that, because it's unrealistic.

Depending on how big your dick is, you could potentially make your weigh by cutting your dick off. So the question becomes, how much of a benefit is that 0.2 pounds, or your dick in fighting, while literally killing your cardio to a point where you literally had to get carried, and literally gave away first two rounds in a championship fight?
Couldn't agree more all on points.

Romero changed that boy's career, poor guy will never be the same.

Romero is one of the greatest of all-time, but people will never admit it. There will be excuse after excuse, but that man is incredible in every sense. Exciting, dynamic, great in all positions, power, killer instinct, an incredible resume. He has the whole package.

Whittaker having a horribly broken hand and doing what he needed to do and finding a way to get the better of a monster like Romero is indeed one of the most impressive performances and feats in combat sports history.

Pros make weight. And I think Romero could get down to WW if he cut his dick off.

Who was thrown around and knocked down like a little kid multiple times? Lmao Whittaker will never be the same after the beating a depleted 40 year old gave him.

If you cry about the hand of Whittaker(where Whittaker said didn't matter much as the gameplan was left hand centered), what about Yoel closed eye?

Yoel dropped and rocked Whittaker 3 times with one eye.

I bet Romero's giant wang is the main reason he misses weight in the first place. Also, he whooped Whitakers ass that night, amazing fight.

Whitaker is crying again about Romero not making weight by whooping 0.2 pounds, which would have been allowed in other jurisdictions. Personally, I think Romero was fucked over a lot more by having to cut more weight, then was stopped suspiciously in the middle of it by non-medical staff, with his cardio so shot to hell.

I believe this is one of the greatest performance of all time, because never in the history of MMA, who was so drained from a failed cut, literally decide to ride out the first couple rounds, literally doing not much of anything, then almost coming back to argubly beat the champ, and if you go by the majority opinions, or the damage incurred, or coming close to stopping the opponent, or if the opponent wasn't allowed to take advantage of the back of the head rule by hugging to the leg of the opponent for dear life literally giving no other space to hit, Romero would have been the champ.

For me, that is something that you only see in movies or animes, and even in boxing movies or animes, they won't do something like that, because it's unrealistic.

Depending on how big your dick is, you could potentially make your weigh by cutting your dick off. So the question becomes, how much of a benefit is that 0.2 pounds, or your dick in fighting, while literally killing your cardio to a point where you literally had to get carried, and literally gave away first two rounds in a championship fight?

You lost me when you compared a championship fight to anime

A toddler could see Romero won that fight. You could stretch the rules to make a weak argument that he was outpointed by Whitaker I suppose, but it easy to see who was the better man by the end. Soldier of God beat his ass. End of story.

Who was thrown around and knocked down like a little kid multiple times? Lmao Whittaker will never be the same after the beating a depleted 40 year old gave him.
Doesn't matter, Romero couldn't finish him. And Whittaker fought him with a broken hand the entire time lol.

You have to be a serious nuthugger to not aknowledge some serious hits Romero took from Whittaker just because he wasn't knocked down. Romero just has a solid chin and isn't easy to knockdown. But whittaker was more active.

And Lol at a "depleted 40 year old". Romero is the biggest threat in that division even at his age. Wouldn't be surprised if he tested positive sooner or later.

So a guy that moved up to a more natural weight class and had a tough fight against a guy that should be fighting at 205 in part due to missing weight.. twice

Points out that fighters shouldn't miss weight and people give him flack for it?

Odd

One of the greatest performances ever?? Aside from landings few power shots, Romero got picked a part for 5 rounds lol.

Back