Romero is p4p best fight today

Yoel-Romero-9.png
Chinese Yoel is born.

Bobby Knuckles fought 4 and some rounds after breaking his hand in the first. Also fought and won a five rounder after having his knee wrecked in the first minute against him in their first fight.
Bobby Knuckles out grits Romero. Fact.

His toughness is is unquestioned.

The second fight, however, he lost.

look at his record for fuuck sakes.

He doesn’t just win he literally beats you in brutal fashion like never seen before in mma.

Machida destroyed
Weirdman destroyed
Rockhold destroyed
Jacare beat easily despite haters trying to make it sound close
Whitaker 2 whooped the 27 yr old prime Whitaker yet gets fuucked by judging

Romero fuucking hurts ppl
He lost rounds 2 and 3 to Jacare. What did you score round 1? 10-6?

Whitaker basically beat him on one leg the first fight and that wasn't a bad decision. I see what you're saying though. You may could make the argument he has the most explosive, short burst destructive power but he's not the total package nearly to the extent of many others and certainly not up there with Mighty Mouse, JJ, Connie Mac, and the list goes on. He's a physical freak though and his berserker moments are so overwhelming, they're always very very dangerous at any point in the fight and when they get through the opponents' defense, he destroys people so devastatingly that it shocks and impresses. I guess it is subjective in a sense though. In the Weidman fight, I see a fighter in Romero who was being out timed and maneuvered...beaten but for a flying knee from hell. Does that make it not a legit win? No. Not an impressive win? No. But it does take a bit of the shine off for me and IMO he's nowhere near the best pound for pound fighter although he may be the one with the most destructive potential...I feel like I'm repeating myself. That is all.
Are you kidding me

MM and Conor are bums compared to what Romero does gtfo

And that one handed fighter got dropped wobbled and almost out during most of the fight
Yes, but would you expect from a guy fighting with one hand versus a guy that has both hands and is bigger.

Back