Romero can't get the next title shot - it's unfair to the rest of the division, especially Rockhold

Depending on how long Whittaker is out, they might have a rematch.

Yoel vs Whittaker and Rockhold vs Souza in June, winners will fight in October for Middleweight Championship.

The UFC should prioritize making new fights over running back rematches. A fighter should get put at least two fights out from the title after they lose. Give them a top ten first, then make them fight a title shot eliminator against a top five.

All that said, they already fucked it up by having Romero fight Rockhold for the interim belt. They should have had Weidman fight Rockhold for the title shot, since neither fighter has faced Robert Whitaker yet. Romero could have fought Jacare or Gastelum. Instead we get Whitaker fighting Romero for the second time in less than a year (and the fight's likely to look pretty much the same, as most rematches do).

so the answer is once and you just jump all over him... Typical. ....

You act like he does not deserve the shot and that this is occurs often. ..
No, I am attaching value to the interim title being put on the line. (Stubbornly I suppose because it didn't mean much to Yoel or the UFC or seemingly yourself)

Why was this an interim title fight?

Why did Luke cut all the way to 185?

What was the point of a weigh in?

Why did they have to renegotiate a new fight?

Why should either of them cut any weight at all?

We can make the argument these things shouldn't exist and I might make it with you as well; but so long as they do, it's a part of the game they're playing/we're watching.

We can agree to disagree

Sure, he fought with an injury - which fighter doesn't? Whittaker would have smashed him with or without a torn pec and will have an easier time when Jacare gets his shot. Jacare's marching style is made for Whittaker to counter, he looked no different vs Brunson.

Regardless if he 'arguably beat x', he still lost and it is a loss on his record. I like Jacare, but he needs to fight Weidman, or Rockhold again before he gets a shot.

How isn't Brunson a gatekeeper? He lost to Yoel, Whittaker, Jacare and beat Hall, Machida (well past prime), Kelly, Carneiro and Alvey... hardly a tough and well-matched list of opponents... he always loses to good guys and beats most of the scrubs of MW.
Blah blah blah.

Jacare is ranked #2.

If Yoel doesn’t get a title shot because he missed weight, who the hell does then?

He came in overweight. That's the bottom line. For him to get a title shot after missing weight is complete lunacy.

He failed to make the weight, why get a title shot at that weight? He needs to prove that he can come in on weight or this will just happen again.

If anything, Rockhold deserves the next title shot, for bravely fighting an insanely over weight opponent. It's almost exactly like when Woodley refused to fight after Hendricks dropped out of the fight and eventually Woodley got the title shot.

That's easy - FUCK Luke Rockhold.

Don't nobody (including you) give a shit about him! AND he just got KO'd brutally again - he might not want to fight Whittaker next. AND it would be just as unfair for him to get the shot off of a brutal KO loss. AND he can't wear sunglasses in the cage so he can't be himself in there anymore.

Romero can't get the interim title, sure. Agreed. But he can get the title shot. Agreed.

Agreed, then.

No, I am attaching value to the interim title being put on the line. (Stubbornly I suppose because it didn't mean much to Yoel or the UFC or seemingly yourself)

We can make the argument these things shouldn't exist and I might make it with you as well; but so long as they do, it's a part of the game they're playing/we're watching.

We can agree to disagree
interm cause at that point there was no word how long Robert was out, had a very serious staph infection inside his body.
luke was scheduled to fight on that card, had more time to make the weight, romero saved the card being a late replacement and helping the ufc out big time, but clearly he needs the proper time for a camp to reach the weight limit, he was penalized severely in his pocket for it tho.
The thing you should really ask yourself is, if the saltiest of salty mma fighters in Rockhold isn't complaining about it at this point, why the fuck are you?
Are you now more salty then luke rocksalt? didn't know it was possible to be more salty then rockhold, sherdog amazes me everyday.
You are the new Salt king, congrats

We can agree to disagree
You know as soon as I found out Romero didn't make weight... (for the first time) I knew he was gonna win and people would get salty about him getting a title shot...
I mean we just had Bisping and GSP for 185 title
at least we are getting top guys fighting now..
And I'm sure Yoel will make weight

He came in overweight. That's the bottom line. For him to get a title shot after missing weight is complete lunacy.

He failed to make the weight, why get a title shot at that weight? He needs to prove that he can come in on weight or this will just happen again.

If anything, Rockhold deserves the next title shot, for bravely fighting an insanely over weight opponent. It's almost exactly like when Woodley refused to fight after Hendricks dropped out of the fight and eventually Woodley got the title shot.
The only thing that is complete lunacy is your thought process to write this shitpost.

Yoel didn't make weight, but if people were going to bitch about him gettign a title shot they should have scrapped the fight then. You can't have fighters agree to the fight at that point, then get mad when the out come is not what they wanted.

He was given a less than one months notice, he deserves it.

Its not like he cut massive weight and came in huge as fuck like Mayweather vs JMM.

Romero just didnt had time for a proper camp with a proper cut.
This^

interm cause at that point there was no word how long Robert was out, had a very serious staph infection inside his body.
luke was scheduled to fight on that card, had more time to make the weight, romero saved the card being a late replacement and helping the ufc out big time, but clearly he needs the proper time for a camp to reach the weight limit, he was penalized severely in his pocket for it tho.
The thing you should really ask yourself is, if the saltiest of salty mma fighters in Rockhold isn't complaining about it at this point, why the fuck are you?
Are you now more salty then luke rocksalt? didn't know it was possible to be more salty then rockhold, sherdog amazes me everyday.
You are the new Salt king, congrats
And if he was to say anything about it you would continue to rip him for being 'salty'...

You know as soon as I found out Romero didn't make weight... (for the first time) I knew he was gonna win and people would get salty about him getting a title shot...
I mean we just had Bisping and GSP for 185 title
at least we are getting top guys fighting now..
And I'm sure Yoel will make weight
Let's not even get started on how crazy Bisping's reign was, obviously these two are more deserving of having that belt in the grand scheme of things. I just don't see a need for a rematch already, considering all the circumstances... It's just an opinion...

I still think that with these weak cards that it's a risky move to award a fighter who is on a one fight winning streak in which he missed weight on a couple weeks notice a rematch with the champion who beat him in the fight prior to that.

Gsp missed weight against diaz and he got to keep the title.... Explain that

Let's not even get started on how crazy Bisping's reign was, obviously these two are more deserving of having that belt in the grand scheme of things. I just don't see a need for a rematch already, considering all the circumstances... It's just an opinion...

I still think that with these weak cards that it's a risky move to award a fighter who is on a one fight winning streak in which he missed weight on a couple weeks notice a rematch with the champion who beat him in the fight prior to that.
Agreed but we have had worse...like way worse...in time all things will pan out and the top guy will have the belt... time is on no one's side

Back