Romero can't get the next title shot - it's unfair to the rest of the division, especially Rockhold

Scheme

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
He came in overweight. That's the bottom line. For him to get a title shot after missing weight is complete lunacy.

He failed to make the weight, why get a title shot at that weight? He needs to prove that he can come in on weight or this will just happen again.

If anything, Rockhold deserves the next title shot, for bravely fighting an insanely over weight opponent. It's almost exactly like when Woodley refused to fight after Hendricks dropped out of the fight and eventually Woodley got the title shot.

No, id say the majority think romero deserves it. He paid the penalty, thirty percent of purse and no interim title to increase next fight wages. He did save the card on short notice too.

Three pounds didnt sleep rockhold, his chin and defence are to blame.

The difference is, Hendricks was not the Romeo of our hearts.

Since he stepped up short notice to save the card, he shouldn't get a title shot because it's not fair to the guy he KTFO'D?

Shut the fuck up. If Rocksalt wanted a title shot, he should have used some striking defense.

I get that he came in over the weight limit but can we stop with the narrative that he was "isanely" overweight. it was barely 3lbs.

I get that draining that 3 extra lbs can make a difference, but come on, its not like he was 10lbs over the limit.

Won't be surprised if the card crashes and burns if he misses weight in the title fight.

Short notice fight on the other side of the world and he missed weight by 2.7 lbs.. Romero vs Whittaker 2 is the most interesting fight in the division.

WME makes the rules as they see fit.

It's a legit sport. <Gordonhat>

If Yoel doesn't get the shot then Rockhold sure as hell shouldn't get it imo. Who else would you suggest? By the way, any word on when the champ is coming back?

I could see the UFC forcing Romero to get another W before he gets a shot at Whittaker but you can’t give Rockhold the titleshot.

Good luck selling a title fight where one of the two men is coming off a knockout loss.

It was a bizarre situation that isn’t likley to reoccur anytime soon.

The dude who won does'nt deserve it, the dude who lost does

upload_2018-2-14_1-13-9.png

He came in overweight. That's the bottom line. For him to get a title shot after missing weight is complete lunacy.

He failed to make the weight, why get a title shot at that weight? He needs to prove that he can come in on weight or this will just happen again.

If anything, Rockhold deserves the next title shot, for bravely fighting an insanely over weight opponent. It's almost exactly like when Woodley refused to fight after Hendricks dropped out of the fight and eventually Woodley got the title shot.
Sadistic post my friend Luke is in no condition (right state of mind) to challenge champione unless you like to see one more KTFO again.

TS complaining about Romero not making weight, forgets the guy in his avatar did this...

daniel-cormier-towel-900413.jpg

Back