Romero can beat Cormier if he move up to LHW and add more muscle

He's too young, give him some time to build up to it.

I can see him beating DC in 5 years.

And he can fight Hunt at HW 5 years after that.

Whittaker is a mw in Romero fight.simple as that and who has Cormier ko in his career?and you literally compare Jon jones punches to Romero? Lmao.

Cormier can't control a beast like Romero.

Like I said you are forgetting that all those guys are 6ft + heavyweights, Goats and light heavyweights

6ft 5 Gustaffson
Anthony rumble Johnson(who in their right mind would strike with this guy early in a fight?)
Jon jones etc

Assuming you are even partially right and Romero's wrestling can prevent DC dominating him against the cage or on the ground, I still have DC dominating and most likely hurting him on the feet, even if only by volume. That said due to DCs good grappling that's usually his safest route to victory.

Romero advantage:
*way more varieties on feet and better striking defense
*more powerful(striking) and way faster on feet.
*way more athletic
*much better wrestling
Dc advantage:
*better cardio
*better chin?
* more volume
Dc only chance of winning this fight is when Romero gassed while Romero could potentially ko Dc on feet
If Romero added more muscle to his frame, he'd gas faster than he already does! I think DC would take that fight easily, and I also don't agree that Romero's wrestling is better than DC's. That's just my opinion, though.

Like I said you are forgetting that all those guys are 6ft + heavyweights, Goats and light heavyweights

6ft 5 Gustaffson
Anthony rumble Johnson(who in their right mind would strike with this guy early in a fight?)
Jon jones etc

Assuming you are even partially right and Romero's wrestling can prevent DC dominating him against the cage or on the ground, I still have DC dominating and most likely hurting him on the feet, even if only by volume. That said due to DCs good grappling that's usually his safest route to victory.
Did dc ko Gus and aj?dc can't take Romero down and Romero striking is clearly better,more powerful and faster.
And you're delusional if you think Dc can dominate Romero on feet

Did dc ko Gus and aj?dc can't take Romero down and Romero striking is clearly better,more powerful and faster.

Romero has power, but he does fuck all for huge swathes of his fights, AJ has even more power and crazy first round power, Romero has to catch you by surprise in sudden bursts and set something a couple times a fight.

And actually watch the fights, DC striking has clearly improved, he was still catching Gustaffson and a juiced jon jones, while literally having to jump to punch him.

romero would get fucking smashed lmao

dude gasses in the 2nd round every fight...dc would break him and finish him after that. dc's wrestling is on another level

good troll job right here. MORE muscle for Romero sounds like a brilliant idea. that way he can gas while warming up in the locker room. DC would beat his ass easily. Way too much cardio and just on another level pace-wise. he will force Romero to engage which means he can't pick his shots which means he will gas QUICK. he ain't taking DC down either and as soon as he does, Cormier will be right back up on his feet and in his face. I like Romero as much as the next guy but the only way he's winning this is a hail mary weidman-fight knee of sorts.

Romero has power, but he does fuck all for huge swathes of his fights, AJ has even more power and crazy first round power, Romero has to catch you by surprise in sudden bursts and set something a couple times a fight.

And actually watch the fights, DC striking has clearly improved, he was still catching Gustaffson and a juiced jon jones, while literally having to jump to punch him.
So your reason why Dc would dominate Romero on feet because he's catching fighter on feet? Lmao
Go watch Romero-Brunson,romero-jacare,romero-Whittaker and you would know why Romero striking is better than Daniel Cormier
romero would get fucking smashed lmao

dude gasses in the 2nd round every fight...dc would break him and finish him after that. dc's wrestling is on another level
<36>

So your reason why Dc would dominate Romero on feet because he's catching fighter on feet? Lmao
Go watch Romero-Brunson,romero-jacare,romero-Whittaker and you would know why Romero striking is better than Daniel Cormier

<36>

a fight he lost and was largely ineffective for much of the fight against an injured opponent

A mostly stand up fight he arguably lost against an expert grappler

and a fight he was losing until a 3rd round TKO

I've seen all those fights what point are you trying to make?

DC doesn't have to take Romero down, he just has to clinch with him a drain that tank, which would be even more suspect in this hypothetical fight. DC is relentless on the cage, whether he gets the takedown or not he's gonna make him work.

a fight he lost and was largely ineffective for much of the fight against an injured opponent

A fight he arguably lost

and a fight he was losing until a 3rd round KO

I've seen all those fights what point are you trying to make?
Romero kick harder,hit harder,more varieties on feet,faster and better striking defense.thats my point.

<36>
last fight he couldnt even take down whittaker with a fucked knee.....dude aint even got the best wrestling at 185

Romero beat Cael Sanderson TWICE. DC got demolished by Cael Sanderson. I don't think Cormier is that much bigger, just fatter

Romero is an absolute beast, but I don't see him beating DC. I think DC is a sizeable amount stronger at this point for sure, and that matters in a match between two fairly equally skilled wrestlers.

It's not as outlandish a match as some are saying though, Romero would definitely make it competitive.

Romero has weird lapses in fight IQ, so he's somehow less than the sum of his parts. He got taken down by fucking Ronny Markes, his wrestling has translated imperfectly into MMA. Yoel has flashes of brilliance due to his unique athleticism, but just as in wrestling, he has serious issues with his fight IQ. Combine that with a poor gas tank, and he's much more beatable than he initially appears.

Also, if there's one thing he doesn't need, it's to be even bigger and gas faster while slowing himself down.

Last edited:
Back