Rolling with bursitis AND tendinittis

frango

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hello
I have a fucked up left shoulder. Im on the process of healing, ice, physical therapy and of course im not rolling or lifting.

Its an anus prostitute situation god damnit but HEY: have you guys seen what some people say on youtube about training around an injuried shoulder? They say: "tie your injuried arm under your belt and roll anyway. It will improve your jits." <--even rener gracie said it.

I wonder if ANYONE EVER did this and if it worked. Because i feel it would be a waste of time and just very frustating considering that on top of that im still a white belt. I think i could cause even more damage to my shoulder.

So hey, anyone?
What you think about this?

I personally wouldn't do it.

Have you looked into ART? I had really bad tennis elbow from a couple bad armbars and it worked miracles. Terribly painful sessions but quick results. Unsure how it works with bursitis.

I have done it. Just be ready and willing to loose. It can be done safely, most of your training will be slow flow rolling. But hey it's better than nothing.

I personally wouldn't do it.

Have you looked into ART? I had really bad tennis elbow from a couple bad armbars and it worked miracles. Terribly painful sessions but quick results. Unsure how it works with bursitis.
What is this ART you speak of. I have a terrible case of golfers elbow (inside elbow)?

What is this ART you speak of. I have a terrible case of golfers elbow (inside elbow)?

Active release therapy? I've never done it personally or looked at any research, but I think that's what it stands for, if you want to look it up.

Yes it's active release therapy. It took me about five sessions for my elbow to feel normal but I felt relief starting with session one.

With acute tennis / golfer elbow my first step is cryo therapy down to -30 Celsius cold Air airand two weeks nonstop leucotape.

Then after inflammation / itis is treated physical strenght and mobilising regimes as Evaluation what was the cause as in most cases it is repetitive muscle activation without proper muscle / tendon build.

I have a high rate of complete symptom remission with patients doing it iike that

Got the same problem as you with the left shoulder. I took one week off and then a couple more where I didn't roll, since anything that involved putting weight on it hurt like a byatch. I couldn't push/pull with that arm since it also hurt.

I ended up doing the following:
- Ice after practice.
- Anti inflammatory cream.
- Don't use it during rolls: limiting but if you have the right partner it can be pretty entertaining if they let you gain some positions.
- Rehab exercises after two weeks.
- Manual therapy sessions.

limit your activity, or get stuff fixed.

training on a fucked up joint and expecting it to heal is like driving on a flat tire and expecting it to inflate.

best-case scenario: you get to where you needed to go, the tire is fine, and all you need is some air.

usual scenario: you keep driving, shred the tire, fuck up the wheel itself, and now you need need towed, a new tire, and maybe a new wheel.

worst-case scenario: you keep driving, the tire completely fails, and you wreck the car.

I've been dealing with horrible golfer's elbow in both my arms. I took about 7 months off (including life change shit) mostly to let it heal up. I had decent results using the blue theraband bar but the thing that helped me the most was voodoo floss bands. Initially I was pretty skeptical but they more than anything made my elbows feel a lot better immediately after using them.

I've been back about a month now and one arm is fine but the other is flaring up a bit so I need to get back to using the floss bands.

Tendinitis in my elbow flares up occasionally. It flared up especially bad this last weekend. I was stubborn. Rested for two days. Iced and heat but it was still too early. Went to class today. Didn’t roll real hard or get my arm crank on but every time I planted or gripped, I could feel pain. Now I’m probably going to be out at least a week. Don’t rush back. “Arm in belt rolling” is a real thing that people do but for my taste, it sucks. I’d rather just hit the treadmill and take a week or two off. A short break every once in a while won’t kill you.

Back