Rogue One was far better than Force Awakens....

It's just indicative of characters that are not engaging and that we have no attachment to. And it was almost like they tried to tick as many boxes as possible....the girl, the Latino, the black guy, the Chinese, the Indian etc etc.

Not really. This was for all intents and purposes, an experiment to gauge the fans interests in SW anthology films, and the initial screenings lukewarm response gave them a reason to dial the hype back. Ep. VII's pre release hype dwarves R1's. Everyone went into VII pretty much knowing the characters by heart.

They are not the character names, Bub.

95% of films ever made should/do try aim to create memorable characters. R1 didn't, imo.

I dont think they really touched on the characters names. The movie is more action driven.

I know Diego Luna plays a spy which is cool, Felicity is just a street smart crook who is involved somehow, Forrest Whittaker is just another guerilla fighter, Donnie Yen, and the other chinese guy just want some action.

I dont think they really touched on the characters names. The movie is more action driven.

I know Diego Luna plays a spy which is cool, Felicity is just a street smart crook who is involved somehow, Forrest Whittaker is just another guerilla fighter, Donnie Yen, and the other chinese guy just want some action.

Ha totally forgot Forrest Whitaker was in it! He was bad.

I thought the storyline of Rogue One was better than the Force Awakens, which was kind of a remake of A New Hope. The problem was I didn't care about any of the characters. The two main leads were a bust. Rey, Finn and Poe are all more interesting than anyone in Rogue One.

The most interesting character was Donnie Yen but the way they had him go out was awful. They build him up to be this badass fighter and at the time they need a badass fighter the most, all he does is start chanting and walks forward to flip a switch then gets shot.

Last edited:
My wife was not into Star Wars (well she new it was some space saga about guys in rags with fancy swords).
We went to movie to watch episode 7, and she told me her unbiased opinion that it was shit.
A year later we went to see Rogue One, and she told me "Let's watch the other 6 movies please". I think it is quite telling.

That tells me that she probably won't like the saga.

I agree that Ren was a disappointment, but he pwned Finn. He was toying with him through the whole fight. And that's after eating one of Chewie's Bowcaster shots. As soon as Finn landed one lucky cut, Ren stopped fucking around and pushed his shit in.

The fight against Rey was horribly written. It confirmed her as the ultimate Mary Sue and effectively destroyed all tension for a rematch. They are going to have to build Ren up from scratch to make him a credible Big Bad.

And yes, of course, Vader>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ren.

K Tizzle!...it's a bout hot damn time you showed up itt. I was on the verge of sending you a sternly worded pm for conspicuous absence.

Now I agree Ren may(may) have been toying with fin. but he should have dispatched him or Force choked his goofy ass as soon possible.

Vader's "engagement" of rebel soldiers at the end of Rogue one put me on a hi for two days.

i agree

the force awakens was decent but rogue one was good

its different though because rogue one is its own stand alone story and they could kill off any character on the main cast. TFA had to spend time developing storylines characters for future movies, that didnt pay off in the one we're watching. We also knew which characters had invincible plot armor

not really fair to hold them to the same standards imo

They are not the character names, Bub.

95% of films ever made should/do try aim to create memorable characters. R1 didn't, imo.

we remember the characters but not their names, because most of the characters dont spend much time talking about themselves/each other. we know their characters through "show, not tell".

you just have to know "rebel spy guy" "main girl whos daughter of the engineer" "blind space monk and his gun wielding friend" etc. i am unsure if all the characters even learn each others names before the final battle

having the characters repeat their names to each other so it gets drilled in, does not make the movie better

We finished it already, she liked it but not to the goosebumps.
my wife has had a 20yr issue with star wars lol, i met her when TPM came out, i wasn't into star wars anymore, but we had a crazy friend that stood on the line to buy 4 tickets.

Wife fell asleep, i didn't blame her, it was a horrible movie.

flash forward to ep7, we go out and see it, of course she had no context when the retards start jumping up and down when they show off the falcon or when han storms in, she just thought the movie was "ok".

it's not like my wife isn't into "nerdy things", she just finished the witcher 3 and wanted a bigger challenge, so she finished dark souls.

star wars is just bleh to her.

Good morning Padawans.

Rory...home boy...decent list however it can be better if you switch 5 where you've got 3 . And return of the Jedi third from, the bottom bro?!?

That's a self choking level faux pais tbh mang...I'll let you slide this time though.

Jedi was the first example of Lucas's madness but no one recognised it at the time.

maxresdefault.jpg

Jedi was the first example of Lucas's madness but no one recognised it at the time.

maxresdefault.jpg

Still......the first half an hour and the last half an hour were as good as anything in the series, imo.

Much preferred R1, made me a fan of SW again.

K Tizzle!...it's a bout hot damn time you showed up itt. I was on the verge of sending you a sternly worded pm for conspicuous absence.

Now I agree Ren may(may) have been toying with fin. but he should have dispatched him or Force choked his goofy ass as soon possible.

Vader's "engagement" of rebel soldiers at the end of Rogue one put me on a hi for two days.

Vader is still the ultimate Big Bad of the Star Wars Universe. Closely followed by Palpatine and Maul. Ren is weak sauce compared to the Big Three.

I had to stop myself from jumping out of my seat and shouting, "Fuck yeah!" the first time - I've seen the movie twice - I watched Vader besmirch the Rebel Scum.:)

Agreed, I think that having Jar Jar would have been an upgrade on TFA.

Vader is still the ultimate Big Bad of the Star Wars Universe. Closely followed by Palpatine and Maul. Ren is weak sauce compared to the Big Three.

I had to stop myself from jumping out of my seat and shouting, "Fuck yeah!" the first time - I've seen the movie twice - I watched Vader besmirch the Rebel Scum.:)
I would put Ren below Ventress, Grevious,Savage, and Dooku too.

Maybe he'll make great gains in the next couple of films but for now he is massively low tier.

I love the Clone Wars as much as the next guy, but that show was also littered with fluff episodes devoid of depth. R1 isn't some kind of misadventures of Jar Jar CW episode. It's the visualization of a key moment in Rebel lore. The sacrifices made in R1, and the goings on in SW: Rebels, give me an even greater appreciation for ANH, ESB, ROTJ, and Leia's mission within them. Just as people that don't watch the CW series can never fully appreciate the depth of Anakin's fall to the Dark Side.
There's filler, but there's depth, and it gets just about everything about the universe correct.

There's nothing of substance in Rogue One. Hell, all that Disney did was finally spell out for all the people who hate to think what used to be unspoken (Empire= almost exclusively white, human males speaking a common language; Rebels = diverse multicultural band of humans and aliens with many tongues).

There is a genuine threat, here, to convert a universe whose politics and principles were explicitly libertarian and turn them into a platform for Disney's shitty 21st century liberalism. They are co-opting Christian concepts that have utterly no place in this endeavor. They are letting market realities influence their decisions; to change their storylines in order to pander to foreign audiences who never cared about this universe, but who are just too damn profitable to ignore (#1 film market in the world, now!).

I will not abide it.
lol, that's the old mans star wars, lore that doesn't even count =)

Try reading the Vader comics, better than all the crappy novels combined
latest
You know, it's okay to just like what you like.

You don't like to read. I get it. You don't have to be so insecure about it. That comic is great, too.

Last edited:
you appreciate Rouge 1 , much less when you hear the writer talk about the movie.

He basically wrote Rogue 1, with one goal in mind
to explain this shit to the internet
death-star-8-728.jpg

and then he worked from there.

There's filler, but there's depth, and it gets just about everything about the universe correct.

There's nothing of substance in Rogue One. Hell, all that Disney did was finally spell out for all the people who hate to think what used to be unspoken (Empire= almost exclusively white, human males speaking a common language; Rebels = diverse multicultural band of humans and aliens with many tongues).

There is a genuine threat, here, to convert a universe whose politics and principles were explicitly libertarian and turn them into a platform for Disney's shitty 21st century liberalism. They are co-opting Christian concepts that have utterly no place in this endeavor. They are letting market realities influence their decisions; to change their storylines in order to pander to foreign audiences who never cared about this universe, but who are just too damn profitable to ignore (#1 film market in the world, now!).

I will not abide it.

So you're gonna let real life politics spoil a good story. Got it. Carry on.

Back