Rogue One was far better than Force Awakens....

No, and Lucas has been very clear about this. He doesn't think the Abrahamic God (or the God described in any other major religion) resembles anything remotely close to what the true God of our universe is. It is apparent that he finds it silly that they believe they could offer that much detail. "The Force" is perhaps the oldest known term used to reference a Creator. It describes the divine, but doesn't sequester its dark side. It describes nature and its apathy towards morality. It describes the power of reality; the machinery of the Universe. It describes the apparent, not revelation. It describes all of that which cannot be explained by Man, but affects him nonetheless. It describes the Spiritual, and the Physical. It describes Death.

That is the Force: the true God.

No anecdotes after that. No claims to divinity or miracles or specifics of knowledge or anything silly like that. Only tales of warrior priests stumbling in the dark communing with this great beast trying to discern its nature, and understanding the power in better understanding it as they do; while also applying their own philosophies and religions to how it is best or most morally used. There is the Force; after that, there is only myth rooted in history meant to be instructive to young Padawans what the nature of their condition is, and some truths of the Force (such as instinct) that will sometimes command them, sometimes guide them, sometimes mislead them, but ultimately empower them if they apply their ability to understand and manipulate it. As a metaphor, sensitivity to the Force reflects intelligence and the sensitivity to use and command Reason, and to persuade people. Force mastery reflects those who have applied this to influence the events of history and the species as a whole (i.e. Churchill was a Jedi Master; Hitler was a Sith Lord).

These are the stories of the Jedi and the Sith. Understand and prepare.

I dont know if you are talking specifically about the Star Wars Universe, but from the books I read, the Force is a force of nature such as nuclear, or electromagnetism. I wouldnt say it is "divine". It is less than that. Divine should above nature. Divinity creates nature. There is a specific organism called Ysalamiri or midi-chlorians that propogate it. And there are species such as the Yuuzang Vong that are not touched by it.

That a great breakddown and pretty much how I saw them too. I didn't care for Rogue One at all though it was boring as fuck because of the characters being meh. I would have rather saw them continue the story instead of wasting this movie for this side plot.

I disapprove of this post

Rogue One was painfully contrived and predictable, and I will never forgive Disney for cheapening the entire movie-- nay, the entire universe-- just to pander to Chinese audiences after we already gave them an entire freaking creative universe they didn't create themselves-- World of Warcraft. Worst scene in Star Wars cinematic history belonged to Jar-Jar before this churchy horseshit:

"I am one with the Force; the Force is with me."
maxresdefault.jpg

I couldn't possibly have been the only disgusted Star Wars superfan in theaters across the country who literally yelled this shit out at the screen:
636150142611795817-2071426316_giphy%20%285%29.gif
That's it. They betrayed the centralmost concept in the entire universe. The movie was well-made outside of that, but you can't do that, and expect genuine fans to forgive you for it. Worst Star Wars movie yet by a country mile.

The worst?....by a country mile no less...mick...Pisan...surely youre being a lil hyperbilus.

I liked it personally, though I'm not sure if I liked it more than TFA (I liked both very much). Rogue One had the benefit of being a one-off, while The Force Awakens was a lead in to a new trilogy... essentially just the first act. Rogue One didn't have to worry about leaving things open-ended or revealing too much of the subsequent films to come.

I liked Rogue One as it was more or less a film about normal human(oids). There was little to do with the force, Jedi's, and the Sith/Dark side, it was more just a good guys versus bad guys scenario. There was just enough Vader (I'm glad he didn't have a predominant role), and Rogue One served well as a bridge between Revenge Of The Sith and A New Hope. Considering it was a Gareth Edwards film, it could've been worse.

Except Alan Tudyk (who played K-2S0) was born in El Paso isn't British at all.

The rewatchability of Rogue one is strong with the force.

The Force awakens however is not. I was flying back from D.C. When my choices was to rewatch the Revenant or Rewatch Force Awakens...having seen both I went with the Revenant. Leo should have been cast as young Anakin back in the day anyway.

I just hated how easily dispatched Kylo Ren was? I get that he's not all powerful like his grandfather but it was pretty sad to see him struggle defeating Finn, who was only working with basic storm trooper combat training and athleticism.

Rogue One had it own cheesy moments too. They squandered alot of the characters and had them die lame deaths, no one really seemed important or memorable.

Episode 1 through 3 were fucking garbage, the only good parts were the fight scenes and even those were flawed. Which is shocking because it had alot of great actors in it, Connor's cousin Ewan, Samuel L Jackson, Natalie Portman, Liam Neeson, etc. Hayden Christensen was atrocious but I have seen him in more recent work where he was good. Maybe it was just too early in his career. Jake Lloyd was bad too but he's just a kid.

Kylo Ren was just good god awful as a villian.

I mean he looked like a GD dufus to start with, he couldn't out duel fin FFS I mean really? You couldn't beat two left shoes Finn.....and your an effing Jedi or Sith. Vader was probably rolling over in his grave watching that shit show of a light saber duel from the Force ether.

and his light saber wasn't even sweet. If it wasn't for that corny as R-2 rip off and the under stated hotness of the main chic it would have been terminator salvation level disappointment.

Kylo Ren was just good god awful as a villian.

I mean he looked like a GD dufus to start with, he couldn't out duel fin FFS I mean really? You couldn't beat two left shoes Finn.....and your an effing Jedi or Sith. Vader was probably rolling over in his grave watching that shit show of a light saber duel from the Force ether.

and his light saber wasn't even sweet. If it wasn't for that corny as R-2 rip off and the under stated hotness of the main chic it would have been terminator salvation level disappointment.

yeh it was gay arse light sabre. It had the two stubby plasma beams for hand guards.

That's probably right. That's not to say either one is above subpar.

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. The Force Awakens
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. Rogue One
6. Return of the Jedi
7. Phantom Menace
8. Clone Wars

Forest Whitaker should not be in Star Wars.

I dont know if you are talking specifically about the Star Wars Universe, but from the books I read, the Force is a force of nature such as nuclear, or electromagnetism. I wouldnt say it is "divine". It is less than that. Divine should above nature. Divinity creates nature. There is a specific organism called Ysalamiri or midi-chlorians that propogate it. And there are species such as the Yuuzang Vong that are not touched by it.
Partly, I agree. I tried to resist any supernatural description there, and instead define it almost entirely in contrast, there, as you can see, but it's very difficult to separate the concept of divinity from an everlasting ideology of good and evil, and Lucas unequivocally wove that into his metaphor. Semantically, I may be guilty of misrepresenting the Force in that sentence, but I'm simply trying to impart the aspect of this primal-- it really can't be more simply described than-- "Force" that is possibly divine, because I don't think that is ever ruled out, but acts upon the universe in a material way, and is indifferent to whether or not we object to its perceived morality. Omnibenevolence isn't even entertained. It is completely forgotten.

The Vong themselves were a metaphor. They maniacally eschewed Knowledge.

The worst?....by a country mile no less...mick...Pisan...surely youre being a lil hyperbilus.
I'm not. Rogue One was a well-executed piece of fluff. It was so incredibly shallow: philosophically and politically. Trash like that will never hold up in a universe that's power is derived from truth.

The ironic part is how many people write off The Clone Wars because it's animated, yet it has 100x the depth.

Gotta disagree. I thought Force Awakens was ok the 1st time I saw it but it's going to age terribly. It really didn't add much or open up anything really interesting IMO. Didn't find Rey to be that great of a character and Kylo Ren might be the weakest villain in Star Wars history, like laughably un-intimidating. Not to mention it being a New Hope clone. Still it had Han and Chewy and both Oscar Issac and John Boyega were solid.

Despite all of that being said Rouge One was probably the worst Star Wars film I've ever seen. Complete bore fest, didn't connect with a single character in the movie. Diego Luna was particularly awful. I'll give it credit for the Tarkin and Vader parts, really well done CGI and scenes were probably the best in the movie. The movie was very visually impressive. Did think Felicity Jones was vastly superior to Daisy Ridley but that's not saying much. Just felt like a cheap money grab. Don't even get me started on the generic "Blind Monk Character", smart ass droid, and the other forgettable characters.

I'm down to see episode 8, but not quite as excited as I was before episode 7. Frankly looking far more forward to Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Partly, I agree. I tried to resist any supernatural description there, and instead define it almost entirely in contrast, there, as you can see, but it's very difficult to separate the concept of divinity from an everlasting ideology of good and evil, and Lucas unequivocally wove that into his metaphor. Semantically, I may be guilty of misrepresenting the Force in that sentence, but I'm simply trying to impart the aspect of this primal-- it really can't be more simply described than-- "Force" that is possibly divine, because I don't think that is ever ruled out, but acts upon the universe in a material way, and is indifferent to whether or not we object to its perceived morality. Omnibenevolence isn't even entertained. It is completely forgotten.

The Vong themselves were a metaphor. They maniacally eschewed Knowledge.
lol, that's the old mans star wars, lore that doesn't even count =)

Try reading the Vader comics, better than all the crappy novels combined
latest

jus saying.

Rogue one was superior in every way imo. "Who's with me!!!"

I hope episodes 8 and 9 step it up. Or Disney will feel my nest wrath

That's nerd wrath (GD auto correct)

<{monica}>

Rogue One was better in almost every way. Much darker, more grounded in reality - good guys die just as easily as bad guys - strong performances and, best of all, Vader pushing Rebel Scum's shit in.:cool:

Back