Rogue One was far better than Force Awakens....

I actually re-watched both recently, and each excell in different areas.

Ep7's three new characters, and BB8, are far more likeable and entertaining. But the rehashed Ep4 plot REALLY kept it from getting anywhere close to it's potential. But the directing/effects were 10/10.

Rogue One had one 1-dimensional character, and the rest had no character whatsoever. But the finale was epic, but otherwise felt shallow due to the audience not caring about any of the characters getting killed off - besides Donnie Yen.

So much wasted potential, for both movies. I really hope Disney gets their shit together or Ep8 will be the last Star Wars flick I see in theaters for a long time.

That a great breakddown and pretty much how I saw them too. I didn't care for Rogue One at all though it was boring as fuck because of the characters being meh. I would have rather saw them continue the story instead of wasting this movie for this side plot.

I would have rather saw them continue the story instead of wasting this movie for this side plot.

It was not one or the other. They are making the main films and the side projects simultaneously, with different teams.

Force Awakens was still better then all of the prequels. I think they just wanted to play it safe for Episode 7 and make sure they got it back on track after the ill will towards the prequels. The Last Jedi is being directe by Rian Johnson so it should be a lot different then the other movies.

It was not one or the other. They are making the main films and the side projects simultaneously, with different teams.

My point still being they shouldn't have wasted the effort. This movie offered very little

My point still being they shouldn't have wasted the effort. This movie offered very little

Whilst I thought it was okay, I kinda agree.

It was pointless really. We knew how it was going to end and that everyone was likely going to die before we started.

As a standalone film it is irrelevant. Basically a bunch of people we have no emotional attachment to, steal a disc which may eventually help another bunch of people we don't know defeat an enemy who we all cheered for at the end!

I preferred The Force Awakens.

i wish the white ppl in rogue one died faster, they were by far the worst part of the movie.

no racist.

except the robot, even tho he was a british voice, he's a white robot

I agree, I liked rogue one better than any star wars films since the originals.

TFA was a bit shit. I liked all the characters but the story was weak.

jus saying.

Rogue one was superior in every way imo. "Who's with me!!!"

I hope episodes 8 and 9 step it up. Or Disney will feel my nest wrath

That's nerd wrath (GD auto correct)

I liked it personally, though I'm not sure if I liked it more than TFA (I liked both very much). Rogue One had the benefit of being a one-off, while The Force Awakens was a lead in to a new trilogy... essentially just the first act. Rogue One didn't have to worry about leaving things open-ended or revealing too much of the subsequent films to come.

I liked Rogue One as it was more or less a film about normal human(oids). There was little to do with the force, Jedi's, and the Sith/Dark side, it was more just a good guys versus bad guys scenario. There was just enough Vader (I'm glad he didn't have a predominant role), and Rogue One served well as a bridge between Revenge Of The Sith and A New Hope. Considering it was a Gareth Edwards film, it could've been worse.

i wish the white ppl in rogue one died faster, they were by far the worst part of the movie.

no racist.

except the robot, even tho he was a british voice, he's a white robot

Except Alan Tudyk (who played K-2S0) was born in El Paso isn't British at all.

what? Wash looks every bit, a brit, wow

The guy is constantly working, though you'd probably never realize it. He does a ton of voice over work for cartoons and series. I loved him as Steve the Pirate, and Dutch was one of better characters from Dark Of The Moon.

He plays a moron in Powerless, but he does it well.

Shouldn't we be seeing a trailer for the new star wars now? Every other year is a saga movie, correct?

Where's the trailer then

jus saying.

Rogue One was painfully contrived and predictable, and I will never forgive Disney for cheapening the entire movie-- nay, the entire universe-- just to pander to Chinese audiences after we already gave them an entire freaking creative universe they didn't create themselves-- World of Warcraft. Worst scene in Star Wars cinematic history belonged to Jar-Jar before this churchy horseshit:

"I am one with the Force; the Force is with me."
maxresdefault.jpg

I couldn't possibly have been the only disgusted Star Wars superfan in theaters across the country who literally yelled this shit out at the screen:
636150142611795817-2071426316_giphy%20%285%29.gif
That's it. They betrayed the centralmost concept in the entire universe. The movie was well-made outside of that, but you can't do that, and expect genuine fans to forgive you for it. Worst Star Wars movie yet by a country mile.

Last edited:
jus saying.

100% correct.

The old lore was far better then the bullshit disney came up with

I'm with you 100% and I've watched both multiple times.

Rogue One was painfully contrived and predictable, and I will never forgive Disney for cheapening the entire movie-- nay, the entire universe-- just to pander to Chinese audiences after we already gave them an entire freaking creative universe they didn't create themselves-- World of Warcraft. Worst scene in Star Wars cinematic history belonged to Jar-Jar before this churchy horseshit:

"I am one with the Force; the Force is with me."
maxresdefault.jpg

I couldn't possibly have been the only disgusted Star Wars superfan in a theaters across the country who literally yelled this shit out at the screen:
636150142611795817-2071426316_giphy%20%285%29.gif
That's it. They betrayed the centralmost concept in the entire universe. The movie was well-made outside of that, but you can't do that, and expect genuine fans to forgive you for it. Worst Star Wars movie yet by a country mile.

Respectfully, I disagree. Episode 1 was a huge steaming pile, and not just Jar Jar's scenes. Kid Anakin was terrible and the pod-racing scene was overly shitty and predictable. Even Darth Maul was "Meh" at best as a main villain. Even though Liam Neeson and Ewen McGregor were okay, it still wasn't enough to save that shit.

I actually re-watched both recently, and each excell in different areas.

Ep7's three new characters, and BB8, are far more likeable and entertaining. But the rehashed Ep4 plot REALLY kept it from getting anywhere close to it's potential. But the directing/effects were 10/10.

Rogue One had one 1-dimensional character, and the rest had no character whatsoever. But the finale was epic, but otherwise felt shallow due to the audience not caring about any of the characters getting killed off - besides Donnie Yen.

So much wasted potential, for both movies. I really hope Disney gets their shit together or Ep8 will be the last Star Wars flick I see in theaters for a long time.

Didn't feel that way at all about R1. You spent the entire movie learning these characters and their backstory, they go through SO much to get those plans and then they all die. It was an emotional blow for sure. I don't know how you could see audiences didn't care about the sacrifice made. That's what made the whole movie.

You spent the entire movie learning these characters and their backstory,

One character.

The rest must have been fleshed out in the novelization and other sources.
But standing on its own, R1's characters are paper-thin.

Back