Rogers > Ngannou..

Rogers > Ngannou

Put it this way, if Francis and Rogers walked into an elevator, Ngannou gets his junk grabbed.

Rodgers...I'll never forget Gus Johnson waxing poetic about the Cinderella story..a man who was changing tires at Sam's Club going toe to toe with Fedor the greatest HW of all time..."boom" Rodgers down!

And his girlfriend
daammmn.jpg

:)

Rodgers...I'll never forget Gus Johnson waxing poetic about the Cinderella story..a man who was changing tires at Sam's Club going toe to toe with Fedor the greatest HW of all time..."boom" Rodgers down!
It's this. Ngannou only started training MMA like 4 years ago "for fun"? The guy obv has incredible power but his skills are not where they could be given more time.

Excellent KO power does not = GOAT, you need defense, ground game , TD and or TD defense, and the list goes on . MMA is too complex and NOW the competition is too savvy to be GOAT after 4 years of "trying it out".

In a HW division where Fedor was still number 1.. Cain was healtly.. Lesnar was on steroids.. JDS was in his prime.. Werdum was in the game and Overeem was Ubereem.

You do have a point, I kind of miss those days

LOL. Aw, heck! I made a double fail! I forgot that it was Bretts wife, and not his GF. Also, I didn't make it super clear I was talking about Brett beating up his own wife/gf and not Francis'.

Last edited:
LOL.

You don't say, a Fedorist trying to pump up one of his weakest top 10 wins EVER.

17-10 with some absolute terrible losses and 1 good win with a flash KO over chinny AA. 1 top 10 win.

Francis has 1 great win against Overeem and 2 good wins against AA and Blaydes. 2 top 10 wins while Blaydes is a future contender.

Francis showed tremendous heart being hit over 200 times by a 245lb good striker. While Rogers touches other men in bathrooms now days.

Not even a comparison. But I am sure you will find a way to spin this to fit your narrative even with the facts laid out in front of your face.

Good luck!

LOL.

You don't say, a Fedorist trying to pump up one of his weakest top 10 wins EVER.

17-10 with some absolute terrible losses and 1 good win with a flash KO over chinny AA. 1 top 10 win.

Francis has 1 great win against Overeem and 2 good wins against AA and Blaydes. 2 top 10 wins while Blaydes is a future contender.

Francis showed tremendous heart being hit over 200 times by a 245lb good striker. While Rogers touches other men in bathrooms now days.

Not even a comparison. But I am sure you will find a way to spin this to fit your narrative even with the facts laid out in front of your face.

Good luck!

At the time Rogers was the black giant ko machine with more KOs than Ngannou.. undefeated (Ngannou wasn't).. and a ko over a better Arlovsky in less time than Ngannou.

Also.. Rogers fought when HW was a great division..while Ngannou is fighting in the worst HW division ever.

Facts.

At the time Rogers was the black giant ko machine with more KOs than Ngannou.. undefeated (Ngannou wasn't).. and a ko over a better Arlovsky in less time than Ngannou.

Also.. Rogers fought when HW was a great division..while Ngannou is fighting in the worst HW division ever.

Facts.

2 top 10 wins + win over future top 10 fighter > 1 top win by flash ko.

Also, you cannot deny that Francis showed tremendous heart being hit over 200 times by Stipe. That shit has folded more experienced fighters like Hunt. Francis could have easily folded and turned and gave his back with time left and gave up the submission but NO he continued to fight off a 6'4 245 lb man and exhaustion. Show me a time that Rogers showed heart like that?

HW has always been weak, either way, Rogers was not beating top fighters back than or now. It just was not happening. After losing to AA, he went on to lose to old ass freaking Eddie Sanchez for Christ Sake!

now that Francis lost, I love how the number of 'Francis isn't that good' posts is skyrocketing...

don't ever change, Sherdog! lol

To say Ngannou is like Rogers is completely dumb. The guy lost against Stipe who's probably the best HW right now. give him time and we'll see if he becomes like DADA 5000 or Rogers but given how shallow is HW right now...

now that Francis lost, I love how the number of 'Francis isn't that good' posts is skyrocketing...

don't ever change, Sherdog! lol

The comparison between Rogers and Ngannou born when AA was koed by Francis.

So. No.

LOL. Aw, heck! I made a double fail! I forgot that Brett it was Bretts wife, and not his GF. Also, I didn't make it super clear I was talking about Brett beating up his own wife/gf and not Francis'.
He hit a domestic partner. Not GUDE in any scenario. If he is sooo tough and going to take on the world why did he have to hit a woman? Never got that one.

The comparison between Rogers and Ngannou born when AA was koed by Francis.

So. No.

Rogers beat a better version of Arlovski, but I otherwise don't know why anyone would even compare Francis and Rogers...who is doing this? I would agree that is a silly comparison, especially this early in Francis' career.

"Cain was healtly.. Lesnar was on steroids.. JDS was in his prime.. Werdum was in the game and Overeem was Ubereem."

you are claiming that the HW division was better back then, by pointing to Cain, Lesnar, JDS, and Werdum...but Rogers didn't even face any of them, so I'm not sure how that is relevant.

I agree that pointing to the common opponent of Overeem is misleading. It might tell us something if Rogers won that fight, as we could then at least say he beat a better (i.e. juiced) version Overeem...and it might tell us even more if Rogers won and Francis lost...but since neither of those is the case, even bringing up Overeem seems pointless by those who are trying to compare them.

anyway...I would agree it is silly to compare Rogers and Francis...but I fail to see how it is an 'insult' to Rogers, or how the state of the HW division then vs. now is relevant when Rogers didn't even face the top guys anyway.

Last edited:
Time to stop comparing Rogers and Ngannou..Because is an insult to Rogers.

Rogers fought in a HW division where Fedor was still number 1.. Cain was healtly.. Lesnar was on steroids.. JDS was in his prime.. Werdum was in the game and Overeem was Ubereem.

While Ngannou is fighting in the worst HW division of all time. Building his career koing an irrelevant Arlovsky and Econoreem.

DADA5000 is a more fair comparison.

FRANCIS DADAnnou has born.
what the hell is this crap. rogers never was good enough to even make the ufc.

LOL.

Good luck!
That is not how you compare them. You don't use Rogers downward run against Ngannou's prime run.

The comparable point was before each of their title shots. If Ngannou goes on a huge slide and never wins another fight he too will be Stipe's weakest opponent record wise.

But if you look at both their records pre title fight Rogers 10:0 record with 10 KO's was better than Ngannou's first 10 fights were he was 9:1 with no name wins. At Ngannous 11 fight he got a name win over Arlovski but a much diminished AA than the one Rogers fought so again Rogers record was still ahead. Arguably with his next name win over a greatly diminished and should be retired Econoreem then AND ONLY THEN can you say Ngannou's record compared to Bretts pre title fight and maybe give Ngannou a tiny edge. But even that is debateable with Rogers Koing every opponent he faced and only two reaching the second round.

That is not how you compare them. You don't use Rogers downward run against Ngannou's prime run.

The comparable point was before each of their title shots. If Ngannou goes on a huge slide and never wins another fight he too will be Stipe's weakest opponent record wise.

But if you look at both their records pre title fight Rogers 10:0 record with 10 KO's was better than Ngannou's first 10 fights were he was 9:1 with no name wins. At Ngannous 11 fight he got a name win over Arlovski but a much diminished AA than the one Rogers fought so again Rogers record was still ahead. Arguably with his next name win over a greatly diminished and should be retired Econoreem then AND ONLY THEN can you say Ngannou's record compared to Bretts pre title fight and maybe give Ngannou a tiny edge. But even that is debateable with Rogers Koing every opponent he faced and only two reaching the second round.

Ngannou also beat a very hyped up Blaydes who was viewed as a rising prospect and will most likely now get a title shot if he beats hunt, or at least a #1 contenders match.

That was Rogers second loss in a row after a string of knock outs.

If Iguana shows nothing on the ground against someone like Cain, then fans will move on. A one trick pony won't cut it.

Which is why they won’t put him up against Cain.

Back