roger no gi today

i remember the first time i rolled with tim kennedy when i was 19 back in early 2011 i was a purple and my god i was gassed by time he even passed me. he was like a mountain, something about that man it doesnt look like hes that super technical but he knows how to use his body on people and your just stuck. he beat roger on the ground at his own game
That's impressive. The only person I know that has rolled with Tim was at adcc before and said that Tim is the toughest role he has ever had
I bet Galvao was training heel hooks himself.
I do not claim that you can pull of moves however good they are without any understanding of grappling, but I view the idea that you can just deal with anything by an understanding of simple principles as bullshit.
That almost sounds like a straw man of his argument. I could be wrong but when I read his posts I do not think that he is saying that just mentally understanding some principles is what's going to help you

That's impressive. The only person I know that has rolled with Tim was at adcc before and said that Tim is the toughest role he has ever had

That almost sounds like a straw man of his argument. I could be wrong but when I read his posts I do not think that he is saying that just mentally understanding some principles is what's going to help you

yeah dude iv trained with good ufc middle weights and tim by far was the strongest when i say hes probably double there strength i mean it hes the reason i started to love wrestling more hed slap me if i tried to fall back to hit leg locks lol hed just run through all the browns blacks there playing with them mounting them idk how anyone deals with that mans strength he beat roger at his own game so that should tell you something

whats crazy is he could make 170 if he lost all that muscle and tbh hed do alot better hes only barely 5 11 but just muscled to the t in the gym i never seen him tired in the least but in fights his gas was an issue having all that muscle and fighting big guys i hope if he comes back he drops t 170

yeah dude iv trained with good ufc middle weights and tim by far was the strongest when i say hes probably double there strength i mean it hes the reason i started to love wrestling more hed slap me if i tried to fall back to hit leg locks lol hed just run through all the browns blacks there playing with them mounting them idk how anyone deals with that mans strength he beat roger at his own game so that should tell you something

whats crazy is he could make 170 if he lost all that muscle and tbh hed do alot better hes only barely 5 11 but just muscled to the t in the gym i never seen him tired in the least but in fights his gas was an issue having all that muscle and fighting big guys i hope if he comes back he drops t 170

Jeez he didn’t beat roger at his own game, roger took him down and grapple fucked him till the last seconds of the first round, when he escaped Rogers back control, roger went on zombie mode the second, totally gassed...

Jeez he didn’t beat roger at his own game, roger took him down and grapple fucked him till the last seconds of the first round, when he escaped Rogers back control, roger went on zombie mode the second, totally gassed...

all it gassed if u want but when u have a ufc fight you train your ass ff for ti and rogers whole game was to get it to the ground he had it and lost there im telling you tims the man he doesnt know alot of techncial wrestling for pinning guys thats why kelvin beat him was able to stand up and get away from tims attacks

all it gassed if u want but when u have a ufc fight you train your ass ff for ti and rogers whole game was to get it to the ground he had it and lost there im telling you tims the man he doesnt know alot of techncial wrestling for pinning guys thats why kelvin beat him was able to stand up and get away from tims attacks

I’m not saying other ways, he’s a hell of a grappler but what happened in that fight was that roger gassed the fuck out due to extreme weight cut.

I’m not saying other ways, he’s a hell of a grappler but what happened in that fight was that roger gassed the fuck out due to extreme weight cut.

Yah, I have to agree, Roger's body shut down, that was not normal. Anyone who has followed Roger at all, would know for Roger to run out of juice in 5 minutes would be outright abnormal...one of the major keys to his success is his at times almost supernatural ability to dig himself out of a deep hole and completely turn the tables into total domination. If there was more striking, I could buy it, but that match was like a glorified no gi grappling match, so for Roger to get overwhelmed in that element...as good as Tim is...I just can't see it.

tbh even if he didnt i dont think roger would have tooledhim im telling you hes awhole nother animal anyone whos trained with him knows this.

im dont remember the details in his romero fight but wasnt he able to shut down romeros game in the clinch or ing rappling and was to tired to even get off the stool for a minute before 3rd round? he lost n 3rd by a punch but if i remember tim wasnt out grappled at all by him

tbh even if he didnt i dont think roger would have tooledhim im telling you hes awhole nother animal anyone whos trained with him knows this.

im dont remember the details in his romero fight but wasnt he able to shut down romeros game in the clinch or ing rappling and was to tired to even get off the stool for a minute before 3rd round? he lost n 3rd by a punch but if i remember tim wasnt out grappled at all by him

dude, there is no IF, he got taken down and got roger on his back for most of the first round...

Roger gassed like hell, no one is discreting tim, hes a beast, but roger is the best grappler in the history of the sport, its really not even close.

jacare took romer to school also, once he got him on the ground, jacare destroyed him, romero is a great freestyle wreslter, but his ground game isnt on pair with elite grapplers such as jaca or roger.. hell, maia gets him down, and evern with the weight difference, that dude aint getting up.

I think Gracie would still beat Ryan in 2018. Roger is too good.

dude, there is no IF, he got taken down and got roger on his back for most of the first round...

Roger gassed like hell, no one is discreting tim, hes a beast, but roger is the best grappler in the history of the sport, its really not even close.

jacare took romer to school also, once he got him on the ground, jacare destroyed him, romero is a great freestyle wreslter, but his ground game isnt on pair with elite grapplers such as jaca or roger.. hell, maia gets him down, and evern with the weight difference, that dude aint getting up.

im a jiu jitsu guy but tbh without the gi and with punches at the top levels it changes a guy like tim can hold roger down and win a decision from rogers guard easily for instance every loves them some andre galvao here yet watch adcc 2009 chris weidman had been training like not even a full year and was a blue belt and andre couldnt do anything to him really andre barely beat him on points

without that gi and his explosiveness and then you add in the hitting it changes the game

theres a reason maia doesnt even wana be on his back anymore

im a jiu jitsu guy but tbh without the gi and with punches at the top levels it changes a guy like tim can hold roger down and win a decision from rogers guard easily for instance every loves them some andre galvao here yet watch adcc 2009 chris weidman had been training like not even a full year and was a blue belt and andre couldnt do anything to him really andre barely beat him on points

without that gi and his explosiveness and then you add in the hitting it changes the game

I've been a Chris Weidman stan since 2009 and even I have to say that he had been training for more than a year and was a purple belt not a blue belt. Still an incredible performance. But Weidman was still an experienced grappler. He has a world class front headlock and gave Andre trouble with the three quarter nelson, a couple darces, and a Peruvian, but I don't think he scored on Andre and Andre had him in a deep omoplata and power armbar (under the armpit) early on. I think if Weidman had a trapped the legs on the darce like he learned later in his career thathe would have finished. Andre was rolling all over the place since his legs/hips were free and killed the choking angle.

Great contest. Weidman did amazing for his experience level and some people (like the commentators) slept on his performance. But people also rewrite history and act like Andre got his ass kicked and barely won that match. Which also isn't true.

Last edited:

Weidman was not a blue belt, and he was quite a better wrestler than tim, anyways, Andre is no roger either.

The point is quite simple, while both were fresh, roger took Tim down and got his back for most of the first round, second round he was dead, simple as that. Maia roger or anyone would not like to play guard anymore, off his back at least, Mma ain’t grapplinf, being on your back means you are losing. Not to mention eating puches, so I really don’t see what your point is, is like you chose to forget Tim had nothing for roger while he wasn’t a zombie, props to Tim for surviving a whole round with roger, and props for beating him too, weight cutting is part of the sport and is not Tim’s fault that roger had a bad cut, but to imply that Tim is a better grappler than roger is really, quite silly to say the least

I like Galvao, but he is not in Rogers league. Also his style is night and day different.

Ronda Rousey would have outgrappled Roger if she tagged in the second round of the Tim vs Roger fight, Roger was half-dead at that point.

Back