Roger Gracie, Carlson Gracie or Gracie Barra

Carlson Gracie Team UK scored 29 Gold Medals from 98 competitors.

This is a much better argument for CGUK than a blatant appeal to majority. It's usually true that the team who brings the most competitors will win the team trophy. I've seen plenty of competitions flooded and the team trophy awarded with only one or two gold medals across the entire spectrum of divisions.
So yes, the numbers do matter. That said, that many gold medals is a very positive indicator for the methodology of CGUK.

Good point. While I don't think I would enjoy the training environment at Carlson's on a regular basis (though I've only been there once in person, to an excellent Carlson Jr seminar, so a lot of that is based on what I've read rather than directly experienced), I've got a lot of respect for what Simon and Dickie have done with the UKBJJA: my club is a proud UKBJJA member. They're clearly passionate about upholding the integrity and credibility of UK BJJ.

Why aren't you a member of BJJUKA? It has close links to Roger Gracie and UK judo.

http://www.bjjuka.com

^ That is not the organisation to join for the future good of UKBJJ.

The UKBJJA is transparent,non-profit and brings together all the teams and lineages in UKBJJ.

It already has a ranking system,sent a sponsored team of their top ranked players to the IBJJF Europeans in 2015 and want nothing to do with the British Judo Association who are a shady organisation that see Brazilian Jiu Jitsu students as a way increasing profit.

^ This is getting very political. I'm sure they also want the best for the sport. You'd have to substantiate your claims for anyone to believe you about it being a dodgy and a money grab.

^ This is getting very political. I'm sure they also want the best for the sport. You'd have to substantiate your claims for anyone to believe you about it being a dodgy and a money grab.

Maybe they do want the best but I think most people involved in BJJ in the UK are asking who the hell they are. Of all the well known BJJ coaches, developers of the major clubs etc the board of the organisation is not exactly made up of prime movers. Anyone seen these guys organising or even attenting comps for years?

And the way the BJA is affiliated with the BJA is a but worrying if you ask me. So many judoka are not impressed with the way judo is run and the declining popularity of it under their stewardship. My old judo coach, a legend in the UK, never had a good word to say about them.

I don't know their motives but I'm not confident they're the best choice for leading BJJ in the UK.

The UKBJJA are a transparent,non-profit association being run
by Jiu Jitsu players from all lineages for the future good of UK BJJ.

There was an open AGM after the British Open this year that was announced
on the UK BJJ Underground months in advance where officers and council were voted
In by members.Members could also cast their votes by post and email.

Directors and Council hold office for 2 years before each election.

The Association has written into its bylaws and mission statement that it has to be a non-profit entity.

I attach a link to the website that contains all of the information as well as the UK's National rankings.

http://www.ukbjja.org

Bump

Would you guys go for Carlsons or Rogers in London? Im looking for the place where the instruction is best. I’ve trained before at white belt and found it difficult to nails down techniques.

Cheers

Bump

Would you guys go for Carlsons or Rogers in London? Im looking for the place where the instruction is best. I’ve trained before at white belt and found it difficult to nails down techniques.

Cheers

Jesus Christ dude. Do you want to train with thebest ever or somebidy no one's ever heard of? If it were actually Carlson maybs, but he's been dead near a decade.

Go to Roger dummy.

Jesus Christ dude. Do you want to train with thebest ever or somebidy no one's ever heard of? If it were actually Carlson maybs, but he's been dead near a decade.

Go to Roger dummy.

Haha yeah I see what you mean but I’m told Roger isn’t there very often these days. Seminars nationally and internationally etc.

So really it’s a choice between the set of instructors he has got in and the ones at Carlson’s. I know the Carlson’s guys are much the same as those who were there when it all started. Don’t know so much about the ones at Rogers. Know Charles is a good competitir but don’t know anything about him as an instructor. Come wise Carlson’s are on top as far as I know?!

I have no idea how much Roger is there. But I'm sure he has high standards. And he WILL be there sometimes. At that point you'll be getting instruction from the best that ever was at no additional charge. You'll get details from him in a few minutes that will be worth what you get out of a month of training somewhere else.

Haha yeah I see what you mean but I’m told Roger isn’t there very often these days. Seminars nationally and internationally etc.

So really it’s a choice between the set of instructors he has got in and the ones at Carlson’s. I know the Carlson’s guys are much the same as those who were there when it all started. Don’t know so much about the ones at Rogers. Know Charles is a good competitir but don’t know anything about him as an instructor. Come wise Carlson’s are on top as far as I know?!

I have no idea how much Roger is there. But I'm sure he has high standards. And he WILL be there sometimes. At that point you'll be getting instruction from the best that ever was at no additional charge. You'll get details from him in a few minutes that will be worth what you get out of a month of training somewhere else.

Yeah you make a good point there. It’s pretty unique in London in that regard. His father comes in occasionally too. Both super nice guys which always helps. I’ve heard quite a few positive things said about Rogers place now. On reflection I think that could be decision made.

Back