Rogans podcast with GSP was great

Georges is clearly more comfortable in his own skin in recent years than before the break. He's grounded and less guarded and this was a really fun interview.

One of the things that makes JRE so special is that its completely open-format without commercial interruptions. I don't know of another popular media source in the world that allows for multi-hour, free flowing interviews like this. JRE is definitely a special platform.
Totally agree. It gives you (way more then a typical interview) insight into the interviewees personality.

I already liked him before and think he’s the real Goat (key word is I think, not you) so this made me like him even more. He’s so fucking smart! Love his approach to life

Slowly making my way through it. Really enjoying it so far and I have a hard time listening to Rogan

GSP and Rogan having a spot of fun and delivering some significant content.

Not much of a GSP fan but one can't deny his past (an current) impact on the sport. He is playing the game his way, and I don't blame him honestly. Zuffa, and then WME have never been pro-fighter, just pro-profit.

Fighters controlling something of their shelf-life is the only option for the talented. Elites should strive to dictate a significant portion of their career path. I know many hate McGregor but despite talent the spotlight is fickle, own that moment.

I enjoyed near the end the most when he spoke about being a good guy.

Made me more of a fan than I was already for sure. GSP seems chill as fuck and one of the most genuinely nice guys in the sport

it made me laugh when GSP brought up idiots claiming he is scared/a duck/a coward. One of the greatest fighters in the history of fighting and keyboard dorks thinks hes scared lol

The most candid gsp has ever been in an interview by far and I’ve been watching them for over a decade. Usually he sounds like he has his publicist in his ear telling him what to say . Loved it.

It was good until Rogan kept fake laughing at GSP's lame ass sarcastic joke about drugging Nick Diaz. Rogan is so cringe he does that fake ass laugh, which he does everytime his guest is making a joke, funny or not.

Has anyone given this a listen yet? I've always though GSP was a bit dull so I wasn't even planning on listening. I'm glad I did. He's very open and well spoken. Great podcast.

Yeah it was great but have you listened to Martian Mma podcast episode19?

This and the Danaher podcast were pretty interesting.

I thought I enjoyed the JRE with Robin Black. Boy was I misled. The show with GSP was ten times deeper and much more real.

I like Rogan‘s MMA shows. Interesting guests and the focus on MMA make them a solid addition to the MMA cosmos.
Yeah Robin Black is the kind of guy who seems like a faux intellectual genius-level analyst. Maybe I am wrong and he's just genuinely intrigued by all things MMA, but he'll try to explode and analyze things that just don't really mean much of anything.

Yeah Robin Black is the kind of guy who seems like a faux intellectual genius-level analyst. Maybe I am wrong and he's just genuinely intrigued by all things MMA, but he'll try to explode and analyze things that just don't really mean much of anything.
He’s trying way too hard, but sometimes he hits the right chord.

Bubblewrapped out of touch white dudes...

no thanks.

Same, even as a big GSP fan, wasn't very interested, wiling to pick up the interesting bits from sites, and was going to be another JRE I skip.

Instead, it was fun, funny, interesting and a really good podcast. I've never heard GSP so interested and engaged in an interview.

It was great because you saw all facets of GSP's personality. We're used to the composed, articulate version- and there's a lot of that when he's talking about his mental approach to the sport, the three layers of preparation for his camps, Danaher/Firas as coaches, etc. But there was also a lot of humorous and laid back commentary from him. I thought it was great when he talked about the love-hate relationship with Bisping leading up to their fight and then compared Bisping's mentality for hyping the bouts with Nick Diaz's.

It was also pretty candid in terms of where Georges sees himself. It was interesting how he had absolutely no interest in being a forty-year-old fighter. He was almost embarrassed by the thought of it.

They have a chemistry and the same vibes.

Back