Rogan: Punk was delusional and it was straight up offensive

CM Punk fighting was not offensive. The Ultimate Fighter show had some inexperienced fighters in the first season so it was always there and that door was opened then.

I found the whole thing entertaining, sure, I wish the fight was more competitive but the match-ups have always been arbitrary.

Thats true but if roufus was smart he would've gotten cm punk the mike Jackson fight first, which would've been way more competitive and entertaining, and even if he lost that one he would've been brought back for one more, another payday and everyone wins

Jackson was a better matchup, Roufus played that horribly, but I'm not surprised as he's highly overrated and suspect as hell.

What's funny is Rogan has always said these back handed snarky comments towards Punk and not once has Punk said anything about it. He knows Joe would own him

It's not offensive and it's not punks fault. He's rich as fuck already. Yes, he used to his celebrity to fight in the ufc but he got his ass kicked when he didn't have to. He doesn't need the money. The UFC is fucking circus and they set the freakshow up. I give punk props for stepping in and fighting a legit fighter and getting his ass kicked. He tried his best he just sucks. The sooner people realize the UFC is not a legitimate sports organization the better off they'll be. Big difference between sports and entertainment.

Jealous to get fucking humiliated?
Oh joe does that all by himself almost daily. Why bash a man that at least set out to do something and went for it? He talks like he's this bad mother fucker but won't ever enter a competition to to prove it. You'd think with his background he would try kickboxing or mma. I'm not a fan of either, but I see no point in bashing punk if it was his dream just to be in there.

It's not offensive and it's not punks fault. He's rich as fuck already. Yes, he used to his celebrity to fight in the ufc but he got his ass kicked when he didn't have to. He doesn't need the money. The UFC is fucking circus and they set the freakshow up. I give punk props for stepping in and fighting a legit fighter and getting his ass kicked. He tried his best he just sucks. The sooner people realize the UFC is not a legitimate sports organization the better off they'll be. Big difference between sports and entertainment.

Not really

sport
spôrt/
noun
plural noun: sports
an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

I would like to see Jason Momoa fight. That guy is a physical specimen, but of course we don't know about his fighting instincts.

Oh joe does that all by himself almost daily. Why bash a man that at least set out to do something and went for it? He talks like he's this bad mother fucker but won't ever enter a competition to to prove it. You'd think with his background he would try kickboxing or mma. I'm not a fan of either, but I see no point in bashing punk if it was his dream just to be in there.

How does he humiliate himself daily?

Ive never heard Rogan say hes a bad mother fucker relative to professional fighters. Infact he repeatedly says the opposite and gives fighters the utmost respect saying he would get DESTROYED even by other actors.

Its because Joe knows enough about fighting that he would never engage, basic intelligence.

I hear your point about Punk going for a dream, but I can see how it was offensive to pro fighters and fans as well.

She was dominant because she was far and above better than them in the grappling, and her mediocre striking was good enough against girls with equally mediocre or worse striking. People who know the sport were pointing out her weaknesses way before the Holm fight.
All fighters have weaknesses.

Almost ALL of the disdain for Ronda on this forum and most sucessful fighters comes from an emotional, irrational place not an objective analysis of their fighting

They could have used any number of pro fighters for a commentary position back when Rogan started in the early 2000s. They only held like 6 cards a year then, a well-spoken guy lke Randy or Mir could have done commentary on the events that they weren't fighting on, and they often did as a 3rd man. But Rogan was selected for the job because he had notoriety from outside the world of mma, and that could help bring more eyeballs to the product. This is exactly the same thing that happened with Punk. He had a high profile from his WWE days, and UFC knew that him appearing on one of their cards would translate to media hype and more ppv buys, which equals more money for the business. And that's exactly what happened. Remember, this isn't some mystical tournament of champions where the only currency is bushido, it's a fight promotion. If they didn't scoop Punk than Bellator would have. Nothing offensive about it, it's business. If you're looking for pure sport, go watch the Olympics.

Foremost Rogan proved excellent and highly successful as a commentator because of his qualifivation UNLIKE Punk who had zero qualifications.
False analogy.

That said, its his opinion which is not unique among fighters and fans

All fighters have weaknesses.

Almost ALL of the disdain for Ronda on this forum and most sucessful fighters comes from an emotional, irrational place not an objective analysis of their fighting
Of course they all have weakenesses, but Joe and the UFC placed her in mythic status and she actually started to believe it.

Last edited:
oh yes it's offensive unless you're brock lesnar..

that double meter goof!

Is rogan cool with youtubers ripping his clips and re uploading them? Because this clips audio lags and sucks dick. At least do it right you scrubs.

How does he humiliate himself daily?

Ive never heard Rogan say hes a bad mother fucker relative to professional fighters. Infact he repeatedly says the opposite and gives fighters the utmost respect saying he would get DESTROYED even by other actors.

Its because Joe knows enough about fighting that he would never engage, basic intelligence.

I hear your point about Punk going for a dream, but I can see how it was offensive to pro fighters and fans as well.

Why does Rogan even continue to spout off at the mouth about CM Punk anyways? Most fighters knew he didn't belong in the cage and figured he'd get his ass kicked sooner or later, but no one really admonished him for trying to fight in the UFC. They all knew he'd bring more eyes to the sport and possibly help the sport grow from the WWE fan base. If they don't have a problem with CM Punk, why the hell is Rogan offended? Who made him the steward of the UFC?

Why does Rogan even continue to spout off at the mouth about CM Punk anyways? Most fighters knew he didn't belong in the cage and figured he'd get his ass kicked sooner or later, but no one really admonished him for trying to fight in the UFC. They all knew he'd bring more eyes to the sport and possibly help the sport grow from the WWE fan base. If they don't have a problem with CM Punk, why the hell is Rogan offended? Who made him the steward of the UFC?

Hes not a stewart of the UFC, he's their premier commentator. He holds a daily pod-cast where he talks extensively espousing his personal opinions on fighters and fights often to pro fighters.

Rogan flat out sucked up to Ronda and Edmund on his pod cast. It didn't work out like he thought it would so he's changed his tune and bashes them now.

Rogan is just a very opinionated guy but, as we all know, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Rogan doesn't like to admit he's ever wrong. He just moves the goal posts of the argument and claims he didn't really mean what he said.

Thats not uncommon especially in fighting. If there is one sport where peoples opinions change radically and quickly its mma, a star can fall overnight.

Who cares? Opinions of fighters change fast, look on this forum-

Weidman the next GOAT
Cain was the new HW great

Fucking Shogun would dominate LHW.

Fedor GOAT HW/ Can HW crusher

Back