Rogan: Punk was delusional and it was straight up offensive

Joe did some martial arts in his younger days and decided it wasn't for him. The competing aspect i mean. He saw early that he's just not cut out for fighting.

Punk with less training just went in there and made the walk Joe never did.

I think somewhere inside, it's bugging the fuck out of Joe.

Interesting analysis.

Do you put that down to bravery or delusion on Punks part?

Also, Punk v Rogan - how would you see that one going?

Interesting analysis.

Do you put that down to bravery or delusion on Punks part?

Also, Punk v Rogan - how would you see that one going?
Rogan would hurt CM Punk badly. I'd even say 50 year old Royce Gracie hurts CM Punk badly. CM Punk will never beat a legit MMA fighter in his life. He wont even beat a Court McGee caliber fighter.

I think the reason people hate on Rogan is because he changes his opinion depending on which way the wind is blowing. The way he built up Ronda for instance while ignoring what everyone else saw with their own eyes.

Well a lot of angry people just wanted Ronda to lose, like they want Jones to lose.

Its an irrational and emotionally driven sentiment.

When the fighter/athlete eventually loses; the emotional hater says "See I knew it was hype". Regardless of the performance prior to loss.

Shit we even see that with Anderson Silva

Seriously. It's almost like he's jealous he was too chicken shit to make a go at it himself. Yeah punk sucks and even he probably knew he was gonna get beat, but he at least went for it.
Jealous to get fucking humiliated?

Rogan would hurt CM Punk badly. I'd even say 50 year old Royce Gracie hurts CM Punk badly. CM Punk will never beat a legit MMA fighter in his life. He wont even beat a Court McGee caliber fighter.

I hear he's still training - you don't think he could get a W in Titan FC?

Joes opinion on punk isnt unique by any stretch. Not among fighters nor fans.

Ultimately its an opinion and we cant tell people what cant/cant offend them.

But one- for guys putting in the work, due diligence, I can certainly see how its a slap in the face to give an unqualified bumb the spotlight.

Your analogy with Rogans commentary doesnt hold weight. For one, its not like there was a pool of articulate commentators (former fighters) to choose from when Rogan started commentating. 2) he had qualifications as an amateur fighter, public speaker, student of the sport and foremost he proved excellent at the task, qualifications Punk has none of.

They could have used any number of pro fighters for a commentary position back when Rogan started in the early 2000s. They only held like 6 cards a year then, a well-spoken guy lke Randy or Mir could have done commentary on the events that they weren't fighting on, and they often did as a 3rd man. But Rogan was selected for the job because he had notoriety from outside the world of mma, and that could help bring more eyeballs to the product. This is exactly the same thing that happened with Punk. He had a high profile from his WWE days, and UFC knew that him appearing on one of their cards would translate to media hype and more ppv buys, which equals more money for the business. And that's exactly what happened. Remember, this isn't some mystical tournament of champions where the only currency is bushido, it's a fight promotion. If they didn't scoop Punk than Bellator would have. Nothing offensive about it, it's business. If you're looking for pure sport, go watch the Olympics.

why doesn't Joe blame the people letting him fight?

lol

if the nba asked me to play for money I would accept that shit in a heartbeat

not my problem

Not against anyone legit. He could beat a regional bum whos like 3-7. But anyone worth a Damn, no. Like I said, court McGee caliber he loses bad.

Umm Court Mcgee is a pretty good fighter. He's been in the UFC for 7 years now and he's legit.

So yeah he'd beat the two you mentioned before him. Not a fair comparison at this stage.

I do think Punk should start his career in Titan or another league. I don't know how he'd do there but he should absolutely fight people that are just starting out, like him. That's how you get better.

Umm Court Mcgee is a pretty good fighter. He's been in the UFC for 7 years now and he's legit.

So yeah he'd beat the two you mentioned before him. Not a fair comparison at this stage.

I do think Punk should start his career in Titan or another league. I don't know how he'd do there but he should absolutely fight people that are just starting out, like him. That's how you get better.

I have to disagree. Joe Rogan and Royce Gracie would beat CM Punk badly and I'm sure most of sherdog would agree with me. These are lifelong martial artists with many years of experience. They both sub Punk with ease.

Well a lot of angry people just wanted Ronda to lose, like they want Jones to lose.

When the fighter/athlete eventually loses; the emotional hater says "See I knew it was hype". Regardless of the performance prior to loss.

Rogan flat out sucked up to Ronda and Edmund on his pod cast. It didn't work out like he thought it would so he's changed his tune and bashes them now.

Rogan is just a very opinionated guy but, as we all know, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Rogan doesn't like to admit he's ever wrong. He just moves the goal posts of the argument and claims he didn't really mean what he said.

it's not cm punk's fault. It's the UFC's fault.

She was dominant because she was far and above better than them in the grappling, and her mediocre striking was good enough against girls with equally mediocre or worse striking. People who know the sport were pointing out her weaknesses way before the Holm fight.

A bit hypocritical from Joe. We all know CM had no business in the UFC but that's what he wanted, it was his goal and he shot for it. Joe's the one who always says "live your life like it's a movie" and all that shit.

Punk wanted to do it, he put in his time in the gym without quitting and he made the walk. There's nothing "offensive" about it.
I agree. It was pretty ridiculous and stupid that the UFC would throw him in there without even a single fight, but that's not offensive. I think Joe might have been a little too baked and used the wrong term

97fe76f9cb24328776d8a30231f5acb6.jpg
but is this offensive. "BEST IN THE WORLD"
a touch maybe. but its fine in WWE land imo

Rogan flat out sucked up to Ronda and Edmund on his pod cast. It didn't work out like he thought it would so he's changed his tune and bashes them now.

Rogan is just a very opinionated guy but, as we all know, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Rogan doesn't like to admit he's ever wrong. He just moves the goal posts of the argument and claims he didn't really mean what he said.

I watched that episode live, and it was a cringe fest. His incessant fawning over her and Edmond went beyond hyperbole, he told anyone who would listen how great her striking was, how good her hands looked (nevermind it was during padwork, but never mentioned her movement), how good of a striking coach Edmond was, and how hot she looked (yea weed does kill brain cells).

Now ever since she lost to Holly, and how she got destroyed by Nunes, he's been back pedaling like a mother fucker and saying he was hyping her up and he didn't mean it. Sorry Joe, I love ya, but I'm going to call bullshit on that and I really wonder about your mma acumen as a whole. How is a guy who has been in martial arts the majority of his life couldn't see the truth about Rousey?

Not against anyone legit. He could beat a regional bum whos like 3-7. But anyone worth a Damn, no. Like I said, court McGee caliber he loses bad.

Court is a solid MMA fighter, he'd beat the brakes off most guys not in the UFC.

500k will change a lot minds..

Thats true but if roufus was smart he would've gotten cm punk the mike Jackson fight first, which would've been way more competitive and entertaining, and even if he lost that one he would've been brought back for one more, another payday and everyone wins

Back