Rogan blasts Conor for not defending the choke

I think Rogan is wrong. Rogan said that you're supposed to do a 2-on-1 defense, but how are you going to do that when you need one of your arms to post? Remember: Khabib was sitting on Conor's back and making Conor carry his weight, it's not like Conor could have simply used both of his arms without crumpling to the ground under Khabib's weight. Look carefully at their posture in the pic, Khabib made sure that Conor needed one of his arms to post and couldn't do a 2-on-1 defense:

khabib-nurmagomedov-conor-mcgregor-ufc-229-1.jpg

In short, I don't blame Conor for tapping. He was done and could not have defended the choke without shaking Khabib off his back first. Good luck doing that against Khabib, though.

Blasts?

Rogan said Connor didn’t defend correctly because he was basically done at that point due to the beating he took earlier. He also said only idiots who didn’t train say they wouldn’t tap to that.

Such clickbait.

Blasts?

Rogan said Connor didn’t defend correctly because he was basically done at that point due to the beating he took earlier. He also said only idiots who didn’t train say they wouldn’t tap to that.

Such clickbait.
Sorry English is not really my language but I think I have seen "blasts" word here many times before in similar threads. Could not think of any other fitting word

Conor's obviously okay with tapping. He does not want to be KO'ed and honestly can't blame him. Kind of hard to be the character he is when you're slurring and drooling.

Condit is a tougher mofo then Conor and here he is not even trying to defend the choke and tapped in seconds, wow what a pussy...Sherdog logic

gif_mj6dju.gif

2hp851h.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not mad at McGregor for tapping. I'm mad that he talked all this shit, put on all these antics, then tried to be buddy-buddy with Khabib when he said his "It's just business" quote and lost.

Its like when he said he sparred over 400 rounds and still couldn't get the finish on Diaz.

Or like the time he said he was gonna bounce Mayweather's head off the canvas but couldn't bust a grape that fight.

I expect McGregor just to remain quiet in the days leading up to his next fight and save himself the embarrassment BUT chances are, he won't.

I think Rogan is wrong.

Rogan is a fucking idiot. This guy is a bjj black belt and he is spewing nonsense. He said that it was a fulcrum choke. lol. Here is dean Lister showing a fulcrum choke:

You can see that he has his arm underneath the chin. That's what makes it a choke... Shit, even in that clip Rogan is showing Lister's video as an example, and Lister is being choked... What a goof Rogan really is... Khabib used the same grip as in fulcrum choke, but i wasn't a fucking choke... Technically you could call it a neck crank, but there was no hyperroatation, so it was more of a pain sub, a jaw crusher or whatever you want to call it.

Saying that an average mma fan would 100% tap out to that is a bullshit excuse, Mcgregor is not an average mma fan, he gets paid a big buck to do this. He was embarrassed as mixed martial artist in front of millions, and no amount of bullshit artistry from "prominent mma figures" won't change that.

Cliffs:
Conor did not tap prematurely
Breaks down how Conor should have defended the choke
Says Khabib would make all of us tap with his squeeze

Yup just like he said,
"he was done" "he didn't defend the choke" = He knew he was getting his ass beat and pussied out like he always does in these situations. Here's my neck, please god end this, please I am begging you just choke me please.
Proper 12 on Connors head.gif

Conor did the same thing he did vs nate. He was done and let them have the sub to avoid getting beat down when he was gassed and knew he was fuct. Difference being khabib didnt wanna choke him, he wanted to inflict pain, which that choke does more than choke u.

I think Rogan is wrong. Rogan said that you're supposed to do a 2-on-1 defense, but how are you going to do that when you need one of your arms to post? Remember: Khabib was sitting on Conor's back and making Conor carry his weight, it's not like Conor could have simply used both of his arms without crumpling to the ground under Khabib's weight. Look carefully at their posture in the pic, Khabib made sure that Conor needed one of his arms to post and couldn't do a 2-on-1 defense:

View attachment 470719

In short, I don't blame Conor for tapping. He was done and could not have defended the choke without shaking Khabib off his back first. Good luck doing that against Khabib, though.

If the choice is between defending the choke or posting, you defend the choke.

joe is like one of those people that trains boxing and thinks he is a pro.

crazy how both Khabib and Tony both made their opponents quit that night.

<{anton}> whys everyone on this macho shit like he was gunna somehow survive that neck crank or a RNC and get out of it? If I know that I can't get out of it in time and I don't want to get choked the fuck out or my jaw dislocated infront of millions of people why wouldn't I tap?

Who cares how fast he tapped, however the giving up his back part is quite shameful.

Back