Rogan and Big John agree that WME overpaid for UFC by over 2 billion

McGregor was a huge part of that deal and he doesn't even want to fight.

What? He wasn't a "huge part of that deal". Who told you that?
There's much bigger valuations in the company than one fighter under contract. Just the real estate, improvements, and assets alone is worth an exhorbent amount of money. Don't forget about their mma library, clothing line, sponsorships, fighter contracts, etc. There was a lot of work by some very smart businessmen to come up with the valuation WME offered. I guarantee you Conor's name had very little to do with it.

He's as knowledgeable as anyone who's trained for many years in striking and BJJ (which he has). He definitely hasnt simply gleaned his knowledge from watching shit.

He ain’t in the cage, bro. Nor has he ever been.

He ought not presume to know what it is like to get ass beat when trying to reach the pinnacle of one’s vocation.

He is a comic(ish). He is a ufc shill. And he watches fights.

He ought to stick to what he knows.

It's this.

They sat on the UFC until someone came to them with a ridiculous figure that no one could refuse. They took the money and laughed all the way to the bank, bought said bank, burned it down, pissed on the ashes, and then bought the Cleveland Browns and made their uniforms into womens dresses.
Let me guess now the browns are going to wear bras and tin foil hats....because it's the future. And instead of a ball we are going to use a balloon. We are going to call it sarcastaball.

They bid $3.6b
The bids were closed so there was no bidding in that sense
So they offered within 10% of what UFC was sold for

But again the company is already valued much higher ;)

you still going full UFC shill

Lol “hopefully” they fight at “year’s end”. Say what you will about Conor, but he gets his fans to act like retards and suck his dick.

Yeah...I think he gets the haters to act like completely biased fools.

See you when he fights Khapullout...if that fucker makes the walk to a weight he can barely make.

What? He wasn't a "huge part of that deal". Who told you that?
There's much bigger valuations in the company than one fighter under contract. Just the real estate, improvements, and assets alone is worth an exhorbent amount of money. Don't forget about their mma library, clothing line, sponsorships, fighter contracts, etc. There was a lot of work by some very smart businessmen to come up with the valuation WME offered. I guarantee you Conor's name had very little to do with it.
Very little, ok. The real estate LOL. McGregor was the biggest star at that time. Then he went to fight Mayweather and the sport has been declining ever since.

I said the exact same thing. 2 billion was what it was truly worth. I believe all the other offers were in the 2 billion range. But WME felt they just HAD to buy the UFC. When you have a commodity someone wants, the paying party will pay almost anything to have it.

Small microcosm of that. My uncle had a nice Harley Davidson he paid about 13 grand for. He fixed it up and everything. He had a neighbor that just adored that motorcycle. First he offered 15k. Then 20k. Then finally 25k. It was an offer my uncle couldn't refuse so he sold it for 25k. That was extra money he could use to get a new motorcycle and have money left over for his family. Etc.

I think the Fertitas played their hand to the point where they were kind of like. We could sell or not sell. If someone offers us stupid cash. We will sell. And that someone was WME.
^^^smarts

you still going full UFC shill

Funny how stating facts or at least 99% factual information on Sherdog makes you a UFC shill.

If your not doom and gloom something is wrong I guess.

You know what a product is worth? What someone is willing to pay for it.

If cryptocurrency miners are willing to pay 2x MSRP for certain graphics cards, then that's what gamers get to pay for them too.

Remains to be seen
They aren't trying to buy it then immediately flip it
I bet people were saying Zuffa over paid when the UFC looked dead in the water and they purchased it for 2mil

It's a marathon not a sprint
You don't make money when you sell, you make money when you buy. If you can't steal it, don't buy it...

They paid for Conor.

And they ain't getting Conor lol

The only way the deal was worth it is if Conor and Ronda stuck around and both fought 3+ times a year. With Honda retired, Conor MIA, and guys like Jones sidelined, there aren't a lot of active draws. WME must be playing the long game and hoping MMA is on the upswing, if not then they got scammed.

didnt wme just sell the b level streaming stuff for more than what Fox's current deal is worth per year? and you guys think wme overpaid?

and they still have the TV stuff to sell?

sounds to me like both wme and the fertittas got a good deal.

In hindsight yes, but I believe this all happened before Ronda's fall, Jones imploding and Conor becoming essentially too big for the sport to tie down.

There was a lot of potential upside to cash in on when the deal happened, but the UFC lost a lot of star power in a very short amount of time after the deal. It's possible the fertitas saw this coming and cashed out at the perfect time.

Neitjer Jon or Joseph knows jack shit about the economics of the UFC. Even journalists that fans base their opinion on knows jack shit. Journalists only talk about ppv and American tv deals. What about fight pass ppvs outside the US and international TV/streaming deals? What about in cage sponsorship and million of dollars in cost cutting?

Back