Rodolfo just fought his first MMA fight yesterday..

not really, he loses top position too many times, hes just that good at taking people back down.

maia takes you down, you aint getting up.
Khabib fights like a folk style wrestler in the Brent Metcalf roll, it's fine if they get away if you're keeping your hands on them and delivering damage as they get up or before they get up. Because the pressure of forcing yourself and the cardio involved in getting up will gas out the guy for the most part

What makes people gas (mainly mentally) in both wrestling and especially in mma is when someone gets out right away without taking any damage, punishment or discomfort. Khabib is perfectly fine with and even expects them to get away at least once. They'll just get damaged more. And eventually the ride will break them in a way people who haven't wrestled can't understand.

Khabib fights like a folk style wrestler in the Brent Metcalf roll, it's fine if they get away if you're keeping your hands on them and delivering damage as they get up or before they get up. Because the pressure of forcing yourself and the cardio involved in getting up will gas out the guy for the most part

What makes people gas (mainly mentally) in both wrestling and especially in mma is when someone gets out right away without taking any damage, punishment or discomfort. Khabib is perfectly fine with and even expects them to get away at least once. They'll just get damaged more. And eventually the ride will break them in a way people who haven't wrestled can't understand.

Getting back up tires you up, sure, but so does taking someone down, there is no way you can say that you are spending more energy by keeping someone down than constantly repeating Tds. Also you are risking the other guy escaping and knocking you out.

Are implying that khabib is purposely letting his opponent up so he can just taking down? Mma ain't wrestling, every time you let your oppoent up you are putting yourself in danger of getting ktfo...

Getting back up tires you up, sure, but so does taking someone down, there is no way you can say that you are spending more energy by keeping someone down than constantly repeating Tds. Also you are risking the other guy escaping and knocking you out.

Are implying that khabib is purposely letting his opponent up so he can just taking down? Mma ain't wrestling, every time you let your oppoent up you are putting yourself in danger of getting ktfo...
No.. not that he's letting people escape on purpose.. but that he's ok with it and will instead keep close and keep his hands/pressure on... I'm aware of the risk of getting knocked out on the feet... derp de derp

And yes takedowns can be tiring.. but speaking as someone with you know actual experience.. and oh Chael has talked about it to.. it is MUCH as in ten times at least more exhausting when someone escapes completely of their own accord and getting away when you thought that you were going to hold them down .. vs.. you know and accept good guys might get away if you go for damage.. so you're going to punish them as they escape with strikes and at least keep your hands on them which is incredibly taxing to the guy escaping

No I did not say he lets them go on purpose.. just that he puts the riding and wrestling aspect into it which makes it possible to yes.. wear down his opponents even though he is doing the takedowns

There's a definite approach and psychological aspect to it bjj guys don't understand.. and then get confused at how D.C. Cain and Khabib keep doing it

No.. not that he's letting people escape on purpose.. but that he's ok with it and will instead keep close and keep his hands/pressure on... I'm aware of the risk of getting knocked out on the feet... derp de derp

And yes takedowns can be tiring.. but speaking as someone with you know actual experience.. and oh Chael has talked about it to.. it is MUCH as in ten times at least more exhausting when someone escapes completely of their own accord and getting away when you thought that you were going to hold them down .. vs.. you know and accept good guys might get away if you go for damage.. so you're going to punish them as they escape with strikes and at least keep your hands on them which is incredibly taxing to the guy escaping

No I did not say he lets them go on purpose.. just that he puts the riding and wrestling aspect into it which makes it possible to yes.. wear down his opponents even though he is doing the takedowns

There's a definite approach and psychological aspect to it bjj guys don't understand.. and then get confused at how D.C. Cain and Khabib keep doing it

So he's taking the approach of accepting that his oppoent will get up, that's all good quite effective. I have no idea why would you assume we (as a Bjj guy) don't understand, We do, or at least I do, do I think it's the best most efficient way to face a fight? No, does it means that I'm right and everyone should be fighting as Maia is? No, it's just a different...

But to say khabib has a better top than Maia is reaching..If khabib is on top of you, you'll get hurt, you'll get tired and you could be finished, but you also know you will ahve a chance to get up...

Maia is on top of you, you ain't getting up (most of the times)

So he's taking the approach of accepting that his oppoent will get up, that's all good quite effective. I have no idea why would you assume we (as a Bjj guy) don't understand, We do, or at least I do, do I think it's the best most efficient way to face a fight? No, does it means that I'm right and everyone should be fighting as Maia is? No, it's just a different...

But to say khabib has a better top than Maia is reaching..If khabib is on top of you, you'll get hurt, you'll get tired and you could be finished, but you also know you will ahve a chance to get up...

Maia is on top of you, you ain't getting up (most of the times)
No you don't understand the way that can break someone even though the other guy is doing the "more tiring" thing of getting takedowns.. it has to be felt and bjj guys don't train that way.. this is not a diss but stating a fact...

And don't backtrack, I explained why Khabib doesn't really get too concerned about people getting up because it feeds to his top game and strategy.. adding to the conversation.. and you talked to me like an imbecile and retard and in a post dripping with condescension.. "if they get back to their feet you can get knocked out, and no way the person doing takedowns won't get more tired"

So yeah I'm pretty sure you actually don't understand the feeling I'm talking about.. and it's one of the big reasons wrestlers train so hard compared to other arts

No you don't understand the way that can break someone even though the other guy is doing the "more tiring" thing of getting takedowns.. it has to be felt and bjj guys don't train that way.. this is not a diss but stating a fact...

And don't backtrack, I explained why Khabib doesn't really get too concerned about people getting up because it feeds to his top game and strategy.. adding to the conversation.. and you talked to me like an imbecile and retard and in a post dripping with condescension.. "if they get back to their feet you can get knocked out, and no way the person doing takedowns won't get more tired"

So yeah I'm pretty sure you actually don't understand the feeling I'm talking about.. and it's one of the big reasons wrestlers train so hard compared to other arts

Hete you come like fucking idiot again, I'm not backtracking shit, I'm conciding that he took another approach to fighting which is fine, I can't back track because I'm not staying jack shit, I'm simply Saying there's different approach to fighting and it's fine he takes the "wrestlers" one... So what the fuck am i back tracking about? When did i took you like an imbecile and was being coneecendent? If anything I conceded to yourpoint being right? Is that being condecendent? Should i stick to a point I don't considered to be right just for the sake of it?

Dude you got some serious mental issues...I might don't understand the feeling of a wrestling match, but I do understand the feeling of an mmafight, since I also train Mma, don't just grapple, so if anythkng the one not understanding the feeling of frustration of someone getting up in a Mma fight is you, so let's just go into mute mode between each other again, we were doing quite well these past months.

Hete you come like fucking idiot again, I'm not backtracking shit, I'm conciding that he took another approach to fighting which is fine, I can't back track because I'm not staying jack shit, I'm simply Saying there's different approach to fighting and it's fine he takes the "wrestlers" one... So what the fuck am i back tracking about? When did i took you like an imbecile and was being coneecendent? If anything I conceded to yourpoint being right? Is that being condecendent? Should i stick to a point I don't considered to be right just for the sake of it?

Dude you got some serious mental issues...I might don't understand the feeling of a wrestling match, but I do understand the feeling of an mmafight, since I also train Mma, don't just grapple, so if anythkng the one not understanding the feeling of frustration of someone getting up in a Mma fight is you, so let's just go into mute mode between each other again, we were doing quite well these past months.
The whole reason I got annoyed is because you talked to me like I was an idiot.. no mental issues involved.. I'm perfectly aware that you can knocked out if the other guy gets to his feet.. which you explained like I wasn't seeing or realize.. because your entire post reeked of being incredulous that the guy doing the takedowns might get less tired than the guy escaping... because "of course" everyone knows that isn't true..you silly wrestler you.. go back and reread what you put

And have you ever trained in a sparring where you were constantly trying to get away and the guy implemented something like the guys at AKA do? Have you ever been put under that specific type of mental pressure? Like actually been in a situation where the guy doesn't mind you escaping a few times because it just means more chances to both damage and put your weight on the guy.. Or have you ever been on the other side, doing it to someone and getting more energy as you feel the guy get frustrated and start to break mentally.. My feeling is no you haven't

And yes you have more mma experience.. but I have enough experience with it and with actual high level competition in something else where I can watch someone like Khabib or Cain do their thing and understand how the person underneath and getting away feels or being the person doing the damage ... much better than you can and with experience on both ends of that dynamic

there was no mental issues involved.. just annoyance, like always, you have not actually read what I posted and say something condescending or no way that could be true, I've never done it".. I'll rewrite the exact same thing.. you'll realize you didn't read.. then get pissy.. then try to say "no no I wasn't saying what I just said" and so on

The whole reason I got annoyed is because you talked to me like I was an idiot.. no mental issues involved.. I'm perfectly aware that you can knocked out if the other guy gets to his feet.. which you explained like I wasn't seeing or realize.. because your entire post reeked of being incredulous that the guy doing the takedowns might get less tired than the guy escaping... because "of course" everyone knows that isn't true..you silly wrestler you.. go back and reread what you put

And have you ever trained in a sparring where you were constantly trying to get away and the guy implemented something like the guys at AKA do? Have you ever been put under that specific type of mental pressure? Like actually been in a situation where the guy doesn't mind you escaping a few times because it just means more chances to both damage and put your weight on the guy.. Or have you ever been on the other side, doing it to someone and getting more energy as you feel the guy get frustrated and start to break mentally.. My feeling is no you haven't

And yes you have more mma experience.. but I have enough experience with it and with actual high level competition in something else where I can watch someone like Khabib or Cain do their thing and understand how the person underneath and getting away feels or being the person doing the damage ... much better than you can and with experience on both ends of that dynamic

there was no mental issues involved.. just annoyance, like always, you have not actually read what I posted and say something condescending or no way that could be true, I've never done it".. I'll rewrite the exact same thing.. you'll realize you didn't read.. then get pissy.. then try to say "no no I wasn't saying what I just said" and so on

ni I haven't experience such pressure as the top dogs or aka bring, I do knew however the frustration of working for a Tds just to have the other guy scramble to his feet. It fucking sucks.

Look, you have to understand something my English isn't the best and you read waaaay too much between lines, I was not being condecendent at all... Sometimes I just meant what write

You've got a valid point.

I think this IS the biggest problem with bjj gys... they rather hit over keep the pressure and end up lossing position.

I think you can go both ways, neither is wrong, but one is better suited to style.

For example.... Demian maia, he rarely punches from hg, ONLY when its necesary. Why? well he rathers move to mount, than staying in HG.

Then you have other guys that like to strike a lot from hg, soft their opponent down and look to mount or even sub from hg, like jacare.

and then you have the guys who are extremely good grapplers, move to hg or side control, and all of the sudden feel the need to start punching like juggernuts, some do have success but some, hell most, end up lossing the position, why? if you are punching you are exposing the far side underhook, people escape this way all the time.

but neither is better, it depends what your goal is and how good you are at doing somethings.

what I hate to see is people not being sure of what to do, which normally means people lossing position.

So which one is the better way to do? well IMHO, I believe maia has developed the best top game in the history of the sport, if he could somehow add some devastating GnP from mount, he would be unstoppable.

bottom line, if rodolfo get into the this is mma mindset and starts punching people form the sake of punching, its very hard to keep the insane pressure he brings in grappling...

Back