Rodolfo just fought his first MMA fight yesterday..

I never said he wasnt athletic, i simply said he isnt a fighter that WINS because of his athleticism.

Jacare wins because he is pretty well balanced and technical, if he was all about athleticism he would had been decimated by Romero who is a real beast.

I dont think any has ever said the contrary. Hes technicl as fuck, just as hes a beast.

Or maybe Jacare is a really disciplined athlete and an amazing fighter?

Why is it that anything Jacare does gets called athleticism? he isnt that fast with his hands or flashy with his takedowns.

He was slow as fuck against Luke Rockhold and Boetsch sprawled on him like it was nothing. He is just that good of a fighter but will never get a title match because he simply cant speak english well.

ahhhh of course

ugh, because fuck logic

You guys realize I'm mocking other people for subconsciously buying into that, right?

I dont think any has ever said the contrary. Hes technicl as fuck, just as hes a beast.

He was a beast when compared to the BJJers of the time, he isnt a beast when compared to athletic freaks, like Jones or Romero, i mean these guys would had made it literally anywhere on athleticism alone.

I dont think Jacare would had been as dominant in BJJ today with all the juiced up folk, Rodolfo is a beast, but he is clearly juiced. No fucking way he gets past USADA.

him having a slow pressure passing game has nothing to do with him being fast and explosive.

He's strong fast and explosive... Dude is a wrecking machine to be honest...

Ok.

He was a beast when compared to the BJJers of the time, he isnt a beast when compared to athletic freaks, like Jones or Romero, i mean these guys would had made it literally anywhere on athleticism alone.

I dont think Jacare would had been as dominant in BJJ today with all the juiced up folk, Rodolfo is a beast, but he is clearly juiced. No fucking way he gets past USADA.

Well if you compared to them, no one is athletic enough. I don't think jones Is particularly a great athlete, he's a great fighter. Romero is a freak no doubt about it.

A bit of Arona I do see; at best, gate keeper he will be.

Well if you compared to them, no one is athletic enough. I don't think jones Is particularly a great athlete, he's a great fighter. Romero is a freak no doubt about it.

Indeed, its scary to think that he is 39 and under USADA, one could only wonder where Romero would be if he was younger like during his wrestling years.

Jacare is a way better athlete than rodolfo. In bjj rodolfo is a slow pressure fighter. He's not that dynamic. Jacare was crazy good against everyone in bjj. Great judo, wrestling, subs, transitions,

Hum hum, yep... Lot of fighters would like to be as non dynamic as him imo

I wish I was as non-dynamic as Rodolfo.

True story.

Agree you really can't be slow and unathletic at that level of competition grappling...unless your Roger and since he's so technical his arguable lack of speed and athleticism is doesn't count.

Roger was fast in his younger days, once he got more technical he stopped moving fast as he has no reason too.
Roger is also unfairly strong which is worth more in the gi than any amount of athleticism.
He gassed extremely hard in his UFC due to a failed weight cut.

Last edited:
Jacare is athletic and explosive.

Last edited:
If it's tough being under Rodolfo's pressure in BJJ (without punches), imagine how it'd be gettin hit in the face... DAMNNNNN

Rodolfo vai te pegar!!!

If he makes smart choices about his camp and his coaches, I think he will do very well. X Gym, Black House, Kings- all good options to work on his strengths while making sure he rounds out his game.

If he makes smart choices about his camp and his coaches, I think he will do very well. X Gym, Black House, Kings- all good options to work on his strengths while making sure he rounds out his game.
He already trained with ATT. Steve Mocco was his wrestling coach. He will probably have a very easy time in the regional circuit given his background, resources and training camp well above anything his opponents have access to.

He already trained with ATT. Steve Mocco was his wrestling coach. He will probably have a very easy time in the regional circuit given his background, resources and training camp well above anything his opponents have access to.

hell will wreck guys at the regional circuit.

hell probably get a couple of more wins and if he wants, he wll have an easy pass to bellator rizin one fc or some otther big org (not the UFC just yet)

If it's tough being under Rodolfo's pressure in BJJ (without punches), imagine how it'd be gettin hit in the face... DAMNNNNN

Rodolfo vai te pegar!!!

I think this IS the biggest problem with bjj gys... they rather hit over keep the pressure and end up lossing position.

I think you can go both ways, neither is wrong, but one is better suited to style.

For example.... Demian maia, he rarely punches from hg, ONLY when its necesary. Why? well he rathers move to mount, than staying in HG.

Then you have other guys that like to strike a lot from hg, soft their opponent down and look to mount or even sub from hg, like jacare.

and then you have the guys who are extremely good grapplers, move to hg or side control, and all of the sudden feel the need to start punching like juggernuts, some do have success but some, hell most, end up lossing the position, why? if you are punching you are exposing the far side underhook, people escape this way all the time.

but neither is better, it depends what your goal is and how good you are at doing somethings.

what I hate to see is people not being sure of what to do, which normally means people lossing position.

So which one is the better way to do? well IMHO, I believe maia has developed the best top game in the history of the sport, if he could somehow add some devastating GnP from mount, he would be unstoppable.

bottom line, if rodolfo get into the this is mma mindset and starts punching people form the sake of punching, its very hard to keep the insane pressure he brings in grappling...

I think this IS the biggest problem with bjj gys... they rather hit over keep the pressure and end up lossing position.

I think you can go both ways, neither is wrong, but one is better suited to style.

For example.... Demian maia, he rarely punches from hg, ONLY when its necesary. Why? well he rathers move to mount, than staying in HG.

Then you have other guys that like to strike a lot from hg, soft their opponent down and look to mount or even sub from hg, like jacare.

and then you have the guys who are extremely good grapplers, move to hg or side control, and all of the sudden feel the need to start punching like juggernuts, some do have success but some, hell most, end up lossing the position, why? if you are punching you are exposing the far side underhook, people escape this way all the time.

but neither is better, it depends what your goal is and how good you are at doing somethings.

what I hate to see is people not being sure of what to do, which normally means people lossing position.

So which one is the better way to do? well IMHO, I believe maia has developed the best top game in the history of the sport, if he could somehow add some devastating GnP from mount, he would be unstoppable.

bottom line, if rodolfo get into the this is mma mindset and starts punching people form the sake of punching, its very hard to keep the insane pressure he brings in grappling...
Right now Khabib has the best balance between pressure, positional awareness and gnp.

not really, he loses top position too many times, hes just that good at taking people back down.

maia takes you down, you aint getting up.

Back