Rocky Marciano vs. Muhammad Ali

Who wins?

• Rocky Marciano

• Muhammad Ali

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ali's most likely wins this fight. With his mobility, it's unlikely that Evander gets him on the hook. I don't think he could get prime Larry Holmes on the hook either.

But Evander is easily top 10 ...Ali enjoyed a significant size advantage on a big portion of his opposition in the 60s... around 60% were beneath 200 pounds, and the others were overmatched athletically. Evan Fields was more advanced than every single of Ali's opponents during that time, including Sonny Liston.

Evander was perhaps more well rounded than Liston. I wouldn't call him better outright, though. In fact, I might favour Liston over Holyfield head to head.

They ran the probabilities through a computer in 1969 and had Ali and Marciano act out the outcomes for cinema release the following year.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Super_Fight

In the US and Canada, Marciano wins by 13th round KO...

... and In Europe, Ali wins by 13th round KO

I Have Ali winning due to size difference, but not easily.

Ali beats him easy. Marciano wa s adecent fighter but comparing the 2 eras- Marciano didn't face anywhere near the level of competition Ali fought.

Not only that, but Marciano isn't anything Ali hadn't seen in the ring before. Stylistically he's a terrible fight for him. Ali would have him punching air all night and would pick him apart, especially if this is 60's Ali (his real prime). Would be a good fight but Ali is the safe bet IMO.

Last edited:
Marciano would have been a lesser version of Frazier - shorter fighter with a great chin who bobs and ducks on the way in. This can give a tall out fighter like Ali problems because it reduces his range (he has to punch down) and may force him to move backwards losing power in his punches.
It is not impossible that Marciano could take him on the right night. But if they fought ten times, Ali would win 7 or 8 of them.

If most of the alt-right conservatives in the war room came here and voted, there's no way Ali would led this poll.

Ali cruises to a wide decision with defense, combos, and most importantly, movement.

Don't see how anyone can see this for Rocky when Ali was at his best.

Rocky was my dude but Ali would tune him up forreal. Rocko had insane power but he was always hittable and always looked beatable even at his best. Different eras, but two GREAT fighters in their own right. Rocky was all of 190lbs soaking wet anyways. They did some mock fight bullshit years after Rocky retired and even then Ali danced around him like nothing. Rumor has it tho Ali knocked off Marcianos toupee and Rock hit Ali with a less than friendly right to the body and Ali's eyes damn near bugged outta his head lmao

Back