• Muhammad Ali

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
(In their primes)

I know there has been threads done before about this. But they didn't have a poll, so that we can see the numbers.

It would have been interesting to see this brawler take on a technical boxer, two vastly different styles.

Last edited:
Ali beats him easy. Marciano wa s adecent fighter but comparing the 2 eras- Marciano didn't face anywhere near the level of competition Ali fought.

Ali would fucking embarrass him and it wouldnt be competitive.

I know this has been said many times, but also consider the fact that Ali is a true heavyweight and Marciano would probably be fighting in a lower weight class in a more modern era. We have to rate Marciano as a heavyweight, because that's what he was, but most historical match-ups I imagine him in involve him fighting a cruiserweight. Like Marciano vs Holyfield, or even a big light heavyweight like Kovalev.

Everybody is going to pick Ali, rightfully so. But I'll just add that Rocky Marciano was a beast. I'd pick him to beat any light heavyweight (including Ward), cruiserweight, and most active heavyweights.

I mean everyone picks Ali because he was that good -that rare combination of talent, great coaching, and iron will. Still, to offer up something in Marciano's favour, if Henry Cooper put Ali on his ass, there's no reason to say that Marciano couldn't have done it and then kept at him. If it is primes then it is 15 rounds then Ali has the movement, but non-stop for the full 15? The first Chuvalo fight was surprisingly competitive (wasn't it a late notice one for Chuvalo?), whose to say Marciano couldn't have made it closer? Ali probably wouldn't stop Marciano. That's a long time and probably feels even longer with a guy like Rocky on him.

Overall, a bit of a pointless argument, like that Nac35 fellow said, since due to the weight differences there really was that pre-Liston and post-Liston era for heavyweight sizes (did they suddenly put something in the water?)

Last edited:
Everybody is going to pick Ali, rightfully so. But I'll just add that Rocky Marciano was a beast. I'd pick him to beat any light heavyweight (including Ward), cruiserweight, and most active heavyweights.
Real Deal kicks his ass.

Real Deal kicks his ass.

With or without PED's? Either way, it would be a fun fight and not so easy to call (always is with high level names). Actually, fair question: Was Holyfield's taking steriods as a cruiserweight, or just when he was moving to and remaining at heavyweight (as most suspect was the case)?

I don't recall him failing a drug test (if they were around much at all back then, probably not), but when the commission was phoning a list of contacts on a known steroid distributer's list, Holyfield answered and then hung up. I'll have to dig around for the source, if interested, but it was a curious story.

Preposterous allegations.

I mean everyone picks Ali because he was that good -that rare combination of talent, great coaching, and iron will. Still, to offer up something in Marciano's favour, if Henry Cooper put Ali on his ass, there's no reason to say that Marciano couldn't have done it and then kept at him. If it is primes then it is 15 rounds then Ali has the movement, but non-stop for the full 15? The first Chuvalo fight was surprisingly competitive (wasn't it a late notice one for Chuvalo?), whose to say Marciano couldn't have made it closer? Ali probably wouldn't stop Marciano. That's a long time and probably feels even longer with a guy like Rocky on him.

Overall, a bit of a pointless argument, like that Nac35 fellow said, since due to the weight differences there really was that pre-Liston and post-Liston era for heavyweight sizes (did they suddenly put something in the water?)
Ali was just a bigger guy. Archie Moore fought both.

tumblr_n8b8cysuh81svefdfo5_400.gif

AliHeadMovement.gif

giphy.gif

Ali

I picked Marciano by accident. Ali beats him, but not as easily as people think.

I'd agree, he's a terrible matchup for a guy like Ward. I actually think a guy like Kovalev could have half decent success at HW (and he might be the best CW in the world). Likely not elite, but he'd beat more guys than people think.

Well said, Ali wins this easy but Rocky was a truly great fighter in his own right, just wasn't on Ali's level athletically (very few were or will be imo) and size wise Ali was a legit hw compared to a ridiculously small one by today's standards in Rocky. Ali would've pieced him up but that's not taking anything away from Rocky who was a fucking beast as well. Not a good style match up for Marciano here.

How did Marciano compare to Frazier?

Both had exceptional stamina. Both had comparable power, Marciano might have even hit harder. Frazier was bigger and more polished in most regards (better footwork, better defensively, probably a better infighter). Marciano might have been a touch more durable.

Foreman would have literally killed marciano. So would Frazier and Liston.

Ali wins all day everyday

Back