Rockhold VS Weidman 2 set for UFC 230 after Rockhold and the UFC agree on a new deal

If Weidman fights smart he should be able to take this somewhat easily. That's a big "if" tho, Weidman loves to take stupid risks in fights

• Nate Diaz vs. Dustin Poirier wont get a better fight than this for the remainder of the year
  • David Branch vs. Ronaldo Souza 7,5 battle of the gatekeepers
  • Israel Adesanya vs. Derek Brunson 8.5 Israel first test
  • Sultan Aliev vs. Lyman Good 6 dont care
  • Matt Frevola vs. Lando Vannata 6 dont care
  • Brian Kelleher vs. Domingo Pilarte 6 dont care
  • Luke Rockhold vs. Chris Weidman next no.1 contender 8

Oh yeah Rockhold def has his mind on other things and made that clear holding out for a suitable deal. That may have him preoccupied, but a dedicated Weidman still has been 1-2 since the Rockhold fight. Rockhold may be 1-2 or something (even though branch isn’t exactly gastelum level). But I think it was clear as day when they fought that Rockhold was doing better even before the spinning shit. Weidman won the first round just by being a backpack, but I had Rockhold winning the rest before the spinning kick.

Still will be interesting and there is the history of that barbaric first fight.
Weidman didn't get KOd by short-notice Bisping though

They need to hurry and find some prey for the Young Lion, Costa.

Lando has a 1-3-1 UFC record and he's back on a marquee card. Hilarious.

I'd rather not see Weidman x Rockhold rematch right now, as opposed to new matchups, but I'm not mad at it.

Shaping up to be a really nice card.

Weidman better learned some lessons on their last fight, spinning attacks don't work on Salthood.

I hope Herb Dean isn't the ref. He must have had a beef with Weidman the first fight, letting him take those beatings.

Yeah but Rockhold already beat weidmab to a bloody pulp.

So there is that.
Yes sure, but like others have pointed out... it was pretty competitive before Weidman went for that lame spinning kick and got taken down, and beat up good.

I think we have established that if Rockhold gets him down into that position again, it won't end well for Weidman... but the thing is, if he doesn't open himself up stupidly to be taken down like that... then he's got a good chance.

I bet Weidman's wife can't fucking wait for the fallout from this one!

The first time, Rockhold left her husband slurring his words and with his life expectancy lowered by 10-20 years. This time it could be the funeral home. Talk about a beatdown that I don't need to see.

What the fuck is Weidman doing?

maxresdefault.jpg

I hope Herb Dean isn't the ref. He must have had a beef with Weidman the first fight, letting him take those beatings.

Herb must have had a debt to settle with the Just Bleed God.

I dislike Chris and was even saying stop the damn fight!

Chris Weidman today tweeted that he’s signed to meet Luke Rockhold at November’s UFC 230 event after Rockhold informed ESPN.com that he’s now satisfied with his contract status along with the booking.

Rockhold initially stated that he will not fight unless he was offered the "right contract" (read more here): http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/r...-need-to-fight-unless-right-contract.3813459/

With the addition, the latest UFC 230 lineup now includes:
  • Nate Diaz vs. Dustin Poirier
  • David Branch vs. Ronaldo Souza
  • Paulo Costa vs. Yoel Romero
  • Israel Adesanya vs. Derek Brunson
  • Sultan Aliev vs. Lyman Good
  • Matt Frevola vs. Lando Vannata
  • Brian Kelleher vs. Domingo Pilarte
  • Luke Rockhold vs. Chris Weidman

(Thanks to Jackonfire for sharing the tweet)

Good card, but still needs a headliner

Back